Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trans Pride Flag Palette for Pride?

DoctorRegulus

Just now, Cephalycion said:

FTFY

Lol gimme a rough estimate on how many companies have supported LGBT rights, and how many have been seriously impaired by doing so. Right now Xbox, Playstation and Microsoft have all separately endorsed LGBT rights, you think they'd do that if they seriously thought it'd hurt them?

1 minute ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Well, I was just citing it as an example of how adding in items to support specific causes could end up inciting controversy. I did recall reading on another thread here, that a Chinese company owns a portion of Warframe, and China's government has been known to pressure companies or groups into changing their opinions. But yes, you are correct, North America's take on this whole issue is very...Charged? I cant think of the word right now.

charged is correct in my opinion 

i just like to remind myself that we live in a society (Free pass to joker meme go ahead) where is morally acceptable to harass someone, their family, Dox them of their information, and potentially ruin a persons life and career, and lie about them just because they said something several years ago on twitter or said something someone found "offensive"  and chose to be angry FOR that set of people and get away with it with no punishment 

thats probably my worse pet peeve being mad for someone or a group of people just grinds my gear so hard the gears snap like its a thing that makes me irrationally angry even if im not part of that group it ticks me off if a group is mad about something let the people of those group handle its a hard thing to explain like i have the example in my head but  know how to put so other can people understand it but ill try 

B does something to A. it has no real effect or is ok with it A so lets it slide. C attacks B claiming to be on A's side about being mad about what B did

its making problems and being mad for people about those problems that dont really exist

now ive just made my self angry and worked up... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

I see, I was under the impression the company was based directly in China, rather than Hong Kong (although, I do wonder how much it'll change, come 2047). 

It'll definitely be interesting, on both the legal and social side, on what 2047 would show, but as someone born and raised in Hong Kong, I would say on the social side, we're a bit unsure in all this, for the following reasons:

1. We are rather concerned about recent events with the CCP, given some of the stuff they did (Causeway Bay bookshop keeper, for example).
  2. You probably would have heard about Hong Kong independence movements as a response to what the CCP's doing (or perceived to be doing) to Hong Kong (started from the Yellow Umbrella movement), which is now in a bit of limbo after the Hong Kong government took measures to curtail it. For the majority, we don't exactly like them, especially what happened during and after the riots of 2016 Chinese New Year, as well as the behavior of the founders/leaders.

So yeah, we're just unsure about our future.

Edited by Renegade343

52 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Why are some people so sensitive? Sheesh. I find it shameful that if the devs had a personal reason to support something as benign and positive as trans pride that there would be so many people hurt over it. How is that even political?

Why can't the devs support/not support whatever they want without overly sensitive people raging about it?  This PC culture is ridiculous. Everyone wants to be offended by something. 

Like you being offended by people just having a differing opinion and want a neutral stance in their means of escapism instead of people enforcing their agenda? I.e. metacomplaint

trans pride being a positive? Just go out and meet a rl trans, they're no different than any other people of their chosen gender. Hang out and have fun with them, creating real sense of camaraderie, not making a metacomplaint for a superficial act as if it's gonna make a positive impact in long term.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

Like you being offended by people just having a differing opinion and want a neutral stance in their means of escapism instead of people enforcing their agenda? I.e. metacomplaint

trans pride being a positive? Just go out and meet a rl trans, they're no different than any other people of their chosen gender. Hang out and have fun with them, creating real sense of camaraderie, not making a metacomplaint for a superficial act as if it's gonna make a positive impact in long term.

2 things 

1: nice little picture makes me think of wisp 

2: some people try to shove it down your throat some dont varies from person to person most people are pretty chill

just some not all make everything about gender those people are well they need something help sounds wrong and are very loud on social media and other platforms. while most people could probably tell you maybe 3-4 genders but someone else can list off like 10 or more like i can name 3 that i have a good understanding 1 thats abit shaky dont make sense to me as a person but i can understand it

like a single google search for list of genders gives alot of conflicting amounts one says 24 another 58 by the void i remember way back for a joke i looked up the tumbler version if memory serves there is like a couple hundred of those be who you want be more power to you but you cant satisfy everyone and dont expect it from others its like trying to reach perfection. past few years atleast on the internet has been a case of Poe's law imho 

They can add the palette, but I don't really see the point. We already have quite a few and the pride palette would most likely have colors that are already there, just with different configuration.

Ask for a glyph or an attachment similar to the harmony ribbon instead. 

I suspect this thread will be flamed but i take the bait anyhow: i dont think its a good idea to bring in politics in warframe, its enought with all the meaningless pie throwing that we call media and politics already, i dont want to have more of that in videogames.

look, i understand you want to support the LGBT community but this isnt the right way. Only thing it will do is pissing people off and add no support what you claim to support. Go out and do some real support instead, donate money, be in events, communicate with the community etc etc. a color pallette wont change a thing.

also i would like to point out: people arent dumb just beacuse they dont agree with you, we all have our opinions but please try to behave like adults, no matter if you agree with the subject or not.

il y a 2 minutes, makaloff95 a dit :

Only thing it will do is pissing people off and add no support what you claim to support. Go out and do some real support instead, donate money, be in events, communicate with the community etc etc. a color pallette wont change a thing.

This topic can be closed. ✔️

This is a game that will chat ban you for two weeks if you use the word gay or trans in public chat....

Giving people a reason to talk about a subject that they'll get trade banned for mentioning is probably not the best way to endear people to a cause.

• Like 1

I support equality. In that case i dont take "these people" as different group. I take them as everyone else. And so i dont feel the need to support these groups. That acts actually create division. Because it present them as different.

You are gay or something..ok..just stop demanding special attention or free stuff.

• Like 1

Every year this topic comes up, and every year it is a pleasure to behold. If nothing else, Pride Month brings me enjoyment on the Warframe forums.

Sympathetic as I am toward the LGBTQ+ demographic (not without some criticism, of course), I'm no fan of commemorated occasions. To emphasize a social issue on a single month is to imply its insignificance during the rest of the year. That's not completely true, of course, but it is partially the effect. 

I'm all about living out your beliefs and values all year long - don't respect wamen only on woman's day, don't give a $hit about your lover only on Valentines, don't put special emphasis on the problem of Afro-Americans only on black history month. In the same vein, you don't need a special month for LGBTQ+ people. Just treat them as you would any other person. That's what they are, after all, right? Just people like you and me, who don't deserve any more or less respect than any other.  

If you wish to show your solidarity speak out against any injustice they may suffer at the hands of bigots when such instances occur. A special color palette doesn't really do much to help mitigate this bigotry, does it now? If anything it only inflames the hatred by putting such people on pedestals and presenting them to the world as helpless children who deserve special privileges. Ironic, huh, since in reality it's the opposite.

For the record, I wouldn't mind extra colors to pick from. A palette would've been cool in a better political climate. 

Edited by Tellakey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tsardova said:

-snip-

Well your argument is several hundred words long and you've started using anime girl reaction faces, so I'm gonna reboot this argument a bit and ask you a few questions:

1. Why must developers remain entirely apolitical even when their games, and fellow companies, don't remain so?

2. When has supporting LGBT rights seriously impacted a company, especially a videogame company, in a negative way? Not just in opinion, but in tangible effects on the company's sales or performance?

3. If the colour palette idea was off the table and the request was for DE to support LGBT rights with a non-palette option (eg an Emblem), would your argument change?

4. If DE indicated any form of LGBT support, would you stop playing Warframe, or would you ignore it and keep playing?

5. If recognition as simple as an optional purchase is considered to have been "shoved down our throats", what possibly constitutes an action which doesn't count as intrusive, if you are completely neutral on the subject and don't mind that LGBT people have asked for acceptance from normal people?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Besides what a number of people have already mentioned on this thread, it should also be noted that this game has a very large playerbase, filled with people from all over the world. Adding something, even minor as a colour palette could generate issues in the Middle Eastern, Russian, and Chinese communities. 

Not really. In russian community people would just call everyone in LGBTQ+ community "pidarasy" and move on with their lives.

30 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Well your argument is several hundred words long and you've started using anime girl reaction faces, so I'm gonna reboot this argument a bit and ask you a few questions:

1. Why must developers remain entirely apolitical even when their games, and fellow companies, don't remain so?

2. When has supporting LGBT rights seriously impacted a company, especially a videogame company, in a negative way? Not just in opinion, but in tangible effects on the company's sales or performance?

3. If the colour palette idea was off the table and the request was for DE to support LGBT rights with a non-palette option (eg an Emblem), would your argument change?

4. If DE indicated any form of LGBT support, would you stop playing Warframe, or would you ignore it and keep playing?

5. If recognition as simple as an optional purchase is considered to have been "shoved down our throats", what possibly constitutes an action which doesn't count as intrusive, if you are completely neutral on the subject and don't mind that LGBT people have asked for acceptance from normal people?

I'm seriously confused as to why people are so AGAINST it. How is supporting people proud of who they are polarizing? Is there something about there movement I don't understand? Like how "white pride" could have a double not so innocent meaning. 

I also don't get the argument that if they support that, they need to support everything else. They shouldn't have to. They should be able to pick and choose as they please. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

I.e. you ran out of arguments from your previous statements... gotcha.

1. Fictional politics doesn't entail real life consequence, at best/ worst it's a satire of real life ones which people can shrug off and forget entirely when they finish playing.

2. When has forcing ANY believe on others end up positively? It's not about supporting LGBT rights or not, it's about the indirect causality from it. Many have voiced their indifference of the movement and neutrality is all they ask as to not make any party the "special snowflake".

For you to speak on DE's behalf that this movement is for their betterment when literally there's nothing to be gained or lost is pretty much that, again, a waste at best, while it becomes a negative image that a company would feel the need to be forced to obliging to rl politics at worst. If the latter goes in effect, whose to say "Whales" won't be among them ergo less income for DE? Sure it's theoretical but it sure as hell isn't as far fetched as your notion of a color pallet being this be all end all way for DE to exemplify their support for trans movements instead of the methods I've mentioned like donating to trans rights groups.

The community is already welcoming of LGBT/ trans players as is, there's no need for this extra "sense of acceptance" when the worst extent of it all gets curbed by the EULA/ general rules that asks for civility all the same. 

3. Won't change a thing, DE have done similarly with the month of solidarity with the orange ribbon and not that many sported it all the same. The notion is noble, people get that but even a non-political notion such as simply raising awareness for leukemia people largely show their support in another way and show little interest of it ingame per se.

4. This bears nothing to your argumentative point at all. No I won't stop playing WF and would most likely ignore it, and that's the crux of the problem. It's a wasted effort, that just feels forced by a minority group who doesn't really need the extra sense of acceptance when they already are accepted by the community at large. It's literally an act of creating issue when there's none to begin with.

5. You're talkin in circles there mate. If people's differing opinion than yours and simply asking for a neutral stance from rl political drama all the while having actively shown acceptance of trans/ LGBT group ingame isn't enough to show that people have either taken a neutral or supporting stance to the trans/ LGBT group then what possibly constitutes to the absolute need for an extra support/ movement to begin with. Everyone here is a gamer, doesn't matter their gender, believes, occupation or background. We're here to offing eidolons, stomping murderous space stalkers, etc, not cater to groups that forces us to give a Boolean type of answer as to their political standing.

TLDR? people HAVE shown their support/ indifference on the matter ingame at large and the general civility rules for the game already covers everyone; LGBT/ trans inclusive. For you to feel there's still a need to justify this wasted inclusion to the game like it's necessary for the game's longevity adds nothing for trans-rights. I.e. it just comes off as you wanting to exact your agenda than an honest to god believe on the circumstances. Again, no gain and no loss so why bother when the "issue" has always been a non-issue in the WF environment to begin with.

Whether DE does something for CSD/Pride or not is irrelevant.

This is a videogame, and a videogame company. They aren't lawmakers, they aren't a social movement or civil rights platform. Raising flags, showing colors, acting divisive and pointing blame and fingers isn't going to solve this social hot button issue. As long as there's no peaceful coexistence, without screaming and "in your face" on either side, as long as people don't finally and irrevocably understand that everyone should have a right to their own bodies and it's no one's business (in any capacity) to judge that, nor should it have any role whatsoever who puts what where dressing how, we're not gonna get over this.

The corporate greed of trying to curry favour with the masses by appealing to the Zeitgeist does not equate support for anyone but the bottom line. Pepsi doesn't give two hecks about student protests. Coca-Cola doesn't give three hecks about Christmas. They care about money.

Just let each other be.

Just stop making an ass out of yourself for the sake of what happens in the privacy of your homes. 

Just stop applying your norms and beliefs to others. 

People gotta learn to identify the things that matter, such as systemic abuse of workers, increasing distance between management and employees, rising tensions, climate change, the resurgence of fatal child illnesses that had been thought defeated, and a general political fatigue in the civilized world due to a large disconnect of those in power and those voting for them. It really should not matter who someone loves. Where they shop. It's a boring and exhausting topic, because it is so utterly inane, and shouldn't even be a topic at all - it should be common sense that you and I like different things, and as long as my things don't impact yours and vice versa, that's a-okay.

This is a game for adults.

Digital Extremes isn't your surrogate parents, teaching you basic human decency and tolerance. And yeah, that goes either side of the camp.

5 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Wasn't the 4th of July colors removed and made to never come back?

It may have never come back, but it sure as heckie wasn't removed.

hPwQsxo.png

The worst palette rip-off ever, but I feel like that's a funny/sardonic joke about capitalism or something.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm seriously confused as to why people are so AGAINST it. How is supporting people proud of who they are polarizing? Is there something about there movement I don't understand? Like how "white pride" could have a double not so innocent meaning. 

I also don't get the argument that if they support that, they need to support everything else. They shouldn't have to. They should be able to pick and choose as they please. 

Cause it's making an issue out of a non-issue, from rl to the environment where people just wants to forget all that..... If you can't see that then you're free to make your own narrative of it all really.

Most just want to have fun in this game and not bogged down by people flexing their chosen gender when nobody have made it an issue from the start. To include politics of any kind into a means of escapism pretty much either incites further conflict or it being a wasted effort that doesn't go anywhere.

Deluding yourself that this small gesture would make people seem like they accept trans/ LGBT more in itself is, again, a delusion. It adds nothing at best while creating a possible scenario where people who doesn't care of the notion being possibly branded as a hater by a more sensitive "pro lgbt/ trans rights" group to start further politics in said environment ergo why people are so averse from rl politics being added ingame.

The causality and ramifications aren't so far fetched and there's a few interesting reads that can make sense of it all out there.

Edited by Tsardova
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that, since colours tend to be vibrant and varied in Asian culture. We could do with another such palette.

What? Isnt Asian colors only different shades of yellow?

Spoiler

giphy.gif