Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Terrify Could Use Some Sort Of Dark, Menacing Scream, Maybe.

__Kanade__

If Rhino lets out this loud echoing Roar, then why not have some sort menacing scream of some sort whenever you use Terrify?

It doesn't sound very terrifying at all, or maybe you could just amp up the volume of the hallucinatins and such when you initially use Terrify.

Only if it's quiet enough can you hear those hallucinations the enemies hear. I wouldn't mind hearing that only little louder when your casting Terrify, then after the casting animation it goes back to where it's just the enemies hearing it mostly.

Edited by __Kanade__

Keep in mind that young ones play this game too, wouldn't want to scare off the money players right?

yeah, it's okay to slice somebody in half while they scream to death but a few freaky wails are offlimits

Don't forget all the insides of the enemies like rib cage sticking out, intestines exposed, head popping off and rolling towards your feet, oh ya, it's a very family friendly game.

Don't forget all the insides of the enemies like rib cage sticking out, intestines exposed, head popping off and rolling towards your feet, oh ya, it's a very family friendly game.

yeah, it's okay to slice somebody in half while they scream to death but a few freaky wails are offlimits

Ah yes, I forgot. People can't see sarcasm on the internet, that's my bad for thinking that.

You don't have to be loud to be terrifying, I think most people forget that. Just think of it this way. You see the perfect killing machine running at you, killing you comrades with little to no effort, your bullets doing nothing to them, then you hear it. A small faint thing. You've heard of this before, the chaos that is the nyx frame. Yet this is different. This isn't driving you to hurt your mates. No, this is a deep fear. You hear the whispering of your fallen comrades in your head. They're telling you to run, run before the thing, this tenno sees you. A faint voice is heard. "You're next"

You don't need to be loud if you're already in their heads ;P

I started a thread about sounds for Terrify earlier. People don't seem too interested about seeing this ability get some sound. I'm not sure the ability itself needs sfx, but I do think that the Grineer need some panicked-sounding lines to shout while under the effects of Terrify.

If that doesn't work, here's the direct link with the direct time.

http://youtu.be/upzLAJhtnvk?t=1m10s

THAT should be used for terrify

Artorias makes hatefull or Painfull sounds it wouldnt fit to Terrify.

Man i felt like crying everytime i had to kill artorias but i was doing my pvp at oolacile township -.- now i have to install my dark souls ..

On the other hand maybe something like eren's roar would fit to terrify

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ik4kC_Cno

Edited by Shin

I started a thread about sounds for Terrify earlier. People don't seem too interested about seeing this ability get some sound. I'm not sure the ability itself needs sfx, but I do think that the Grineer need some panicked-sounding lines to shout while under the effects of Terrify.

yes. enemies just start moving away, they don't appear frightened or anything. it makes the power feel very unrewarding and dissatisfying. it works, but it doesn't sound like it does. 

Edited by taiiat

• 2 weeks later...

If that doesn't work, here's the direct link with the direct time.

http://youtu.be/upzLAJhtnvk?t=1m10s

THAT should be used for terrify

LOLOLOL that was so weak. get some of the screams from the artist Mayhem, gorgoroth, dark throne, Immortal, Dark FUneral, Celtic Frost. you know the kings of satanic black metal.  anything short of a Norwegian black metal scream from the good ol' days will just sound weak and gay.

if anything they shouldn't add voices like they intend not to and maybe use some sort of darker sounds. like spooky church type organs LOL

Totem of Terror would have been way better then terrify anyways. it also has a cooler name and way less lame.

anything short of a Norwegian black metal scream from the good ol' days will just sound weak and #$$.

if anything they shouldn't add voices like they intend not to and maybe use some sort of darker sounds. like spooky church type organs LOL

haha, i concur. Norwegian Black Metal can't be topped. 

that sounds really good actually! i'd love to hear a short depressing string of notes from some Organs. that would work really nicely. it would also be comical in a sense, so Tenno could laugh at their enemies as they run in fear.

Edited by taiiat