Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is still good, maybe better

Many people say ember is dead when they changed how world on fire works, but what I see is a potential for more damage so I think this is more to a buff to me. I'll explain a bit

1. Damage will ramp up after a while up to 100% at the cost of halved range, I see this as more damage dealt while at the same time, encourage you to take risk jumping to enemies and burn them like a maniac

2. We have accelerant to fuel our fire more and stun enemies so this makes some synergy

3. Fireball can be used to close choke points and area burn, giving some room to breathe when things get crowded

In short, the change turns ember to be a fire caster that battles in mid to short range instead of a caster that battles from back line

Some simple steps to play ember as a battle caster

1. Have a full loadout of heat damage since her skills revolve around fire and doesn't affect secondary elements

2. Build for strength and efficiency, you can leave range and duration at 100% if you want, medium strength (180%) is good to go

Now, the battle steps

1. Cast world on fire ( optional)

Use this to jump into the fray and give some time to work on your next step, making them panic on fire

2. Cast accelerant

Let's be real, fire needs fuel to burn and accelerant has 2.5x at base value multiplier so this helps on boosting dps where you would have 4.5x at 180% before counting other skills damage

3. Cast fireball or shoot

Now with enemies stunned for a while, you can take this chance to add more fire by either giving them more fireball or shooting them with your best weapons modded with heat

I believe she's still good, only need more understanding on how her skills work and synergize from us

What made Ember great was the augment and CC from her WoF. That was effectively nerf into oblivion. Combine that with Fire damage being complete S#&$. And no way to DR. And now all you've got is a frame that has some neat looking abilities thats pretty fair at killing low level mobs.

That said, Volt with shocking speed can do the exact same thing; except faster. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

I really want a rework for her Fire Blast and World on Fire.

Fire Blast because it's not convenient (or at least no motivation to use it). The only faction that this skill is useful against is Infested. They keep running into the ring and got panic by being burned, which is this skill's CC capability. But it's lame, damage is still low even with Accelerant's debuff, ring's radius cannot be increased by mod, it can CC but only stationary, Accelerant and WoF are better choices for CC. And 50% heat dmg by shooting through it ? Volt will just stand there and say "f*** your tiny ring! I got dis !".

World on Fire because its DPS is not sustainable. Sometimes it will not burn a mob standing right in front of your face. Its heat damage cannot scale well till high level missions. It's called World on Fire but it's only some tiny flames popping up to tickle a few of a big number of mobs standing around you. So unless you use Firequake for better CC and Finisher moves, this skill is boring as hell. But I don't want to make a designated-for-DPS warframe into a CC one at all.

These are my statements after trying to maximize everything Ember can do (I even made her a damage buffing warframe with Fireball Frenzy and Flash Accelerant), and experiencing all other Warframes that can do all of her roles much better.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

What made Ember great was the CC from her WoF. That was effectively nerf into oblivion. Combine that with Fire damage being complete S#&$. And now all you've got is a frame that has some  neat looking abilities that fair at killing low level mobs. 

That's the only thing you can think from her?

1 minute ago, Diangelius said:

I really want a rework for her Fire Blast and World on Fire.

Fire Blast because it's not convenient (or at least no motivation to use it). The only faction that this skill is useful against is Infested. They keep running into the ring and got panic by being burned, which is this skill's CC capability. But it's lame, damage is still low even with Accelerant's debuff, ring's radius cannot be increased by mod, it can CC but only stationary, Accelerant and WoF are better choices for CC. And 50% heat dmg by shooting through it ? Volt will just stand there and say "f*** your tiny ring! I got dis !".

World on Fire because its DPS is not sustainable. Sometimes it will not burn a mob standing right in front of your face. Its heat damage cannot scale well till high level missions. It's called World on Fire but it's only some tiny flames popping up to tickle a few of a big number of mobs standing around you. So unless you use Firequake for better CC and Finisher moves, this skill is boring as hell. But I don't want to make a designated-for-DPS warframe into a CC one at all.

These are my statements after trying to maximize everything Ember can do (I even made her a damage buffing warframe with Fireball Frenzy and Flash Accelerant), and experiencing all other Warframes that can do all of her roles much better.

Maybe try not to be too focused on firequake/finisher or CC because warframe itself is very versatile. If you only see her as dps, she's only dps. If you only see her as CC, she's only CC. Try looking her as a whole, we're the tenno that isn't limited to one role

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

Maybe try not to be too focused on firequake/finisher or CC because warframe itself is very versatile. If you only see her as dps, she's only dps. If you only see her as CC, she's only CC. Try looking her as a whole, we're the tenno that isn't limited to one role

5 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

These are my statements after trying to maximize everything Ember can do.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

If I'm being honest.

Her armor is S#&$, Fire is S#&$, and now her CC is S#&$. 

Pretty much yeah. Srry OP. 

How many frames that considered good with massive amount of armor? We only see valkyr, saryn, or chroma here while the rest rely on skill, armor is rarely needed. Fire is only weak to shield that can be bypassed by brute force and her CC is not just limited to WoF, fireball can burn an area or accelerant to stun enemies

Maybe you want to know her better?

35 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Maybe you want to know her better?

If you think Ember didn't get a huge nerf, maybe YOU need to know her better.

Less range, requiring more mods, higher energy drain, less survivability, less CC either way with any build, not actually more DPS because math on double dipping Strength with Accelerant... Worse in every single way. I don't even know why I have to explain this.

• Like 4

Ember’s abilities use fire and blast to cc keeping enemies at bay especially heavily armored and shielded ones while she is able to deal damage to low ehp mobs like lancers and chargers

Ember’s 4 requires her to be very mobile in order to be effective focusing low ehp mobs and stunning high ehp mobs to kill with your 2

Ember’s 2 is mostly to deal with enemies with higher ehp and quick short cc

Ember’s 3 is for buffing your weapons and a large knockdown for more survivability via cc

Ember’s 1 is best used as single target cc do not try to use this for any practical damage

Ember’s survivability is directly tied to her DPS using ember for solely cc is unreliable and ineffective if ember can’t kill it means more enemies alive to damage her 

comparing her to the other elemental frames

Volt outclasses ember’s playstyle by being more practical and safe to use for most missions. volt is most effective stationary while ember is most effective mobile which is their only significant difference but it is not an effective or meaningful one imo

saryn can cover a larger area then ember however saryn lacks the cc ember does for survivability however she can make up for this with better scaling dps and mob clearing than ember

ember relies on her ability to kill in a risky manner and must have the range to effectively cover ember from enemy fire due to ember not having the ehp to take hits

ember is best in infested and at her worst in corpus and her damage has fall off too early

Ember for me is not worth the trouble and lacks the survivability, significant damage and cc to be useful 

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX
  • Like 1

the only thing really holding ember back isn't her herself it's just the fire procs. they fiddle with that she'll likely turn out able to take on everything easier then she has. though even with that flaw i've still taken her into sortie every once in a while. people just want nonsense overheat back but that ain't happening.

1 hour ago, zoffmode said:

If you think Ember didn't get a huge nerf, maybe YOU need to know her better.

Less range, requiring more mods, higher energy drain, less survivability, less CC either way with any build, not actually more DPS because math on double dipping Strength with Accelerant... Worse in every single way. I don't even know why I have to explain this.

What I see on the change is only her WoF, the rest is untouched

Less range is a problem because now you can't afk burn anymore? Higher energy drain isn't something that happens only to ember when you have saryn that needs to cast multiple times to deal massive damage and less CC? Where did DE made her less CC when fireball still guarantee burn or accelerant that stuns enemies? Ember isn't just World on Fire

34 minutes ago, kengxiaoju said:

suiside chiken

heat damage is a joke unless you want to cook some infested

Armor reduce damage from anything unless from elements it's weak to and needs corrosive procs to deal with, shield has radiation resistance so being honest, any element is a joke if you bring it to wrong places

16 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Armor reduce damage from anything unless from elements it's weak to and needs corrosive procs to deal with, shield has radiation resistance so being honest, any element is a joke if you bring it to wrong places

isnt one of the tips in game literally corrosive and cold are great universal elements ?

ive seen that in loading screens for missions so many times its ingrained in my memory 

28 minutes ago, 844448 said:

What I see on the change is only her WoF, the rest is untouched

Less range is a problem because now you can't afk burn anymore? Higher energy drain isn't something that happens only to ember when you have saryn that needs to cast multiple times to deal massive damage and less CC? Where did DE made her less CC when fireball still guarantee burn or accelerant that stuns enemies? Ember isn't just World on Fire

Ok so Ember is better cause DE deleted her best ability from the game? Ok makes total sense now I see how you're thinking.

• Like 4

Fire.... Damage.... Sucks.... !!! 

Ember was never even broken to begin with.... so the nerf literally cut her off at the knees.... lol... its like DE nerfing The Braton.... thats basically what they did.... its a fun weapon.... does okay.... far from being strong but they nerf it anyway. 

7 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Ok so Ember is better cause DE deleted her best ability from the game? Ok makes total sense now I see how you're thinking.

Did they delete it to you? What I see is increased damage at the cost of range so why is that something bad?

18 minutes ago, seprent said:

isnt one of the tips in game literally corrosive and cold are great universal elements ?

ive seen that in loading screens for missions so many times its ingrained in my memory 

Corrosive deals -75% damage on proto shield and cold deals -25% damage on infested and only good if you're dealing with heavy armored enemies so I wouldn't say that

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

1. Damage will ramp up after a while up to 100% at the cost of halved range, I see this as more damage dealt while at the same time, encourage you to take risk jumping to enemies and burn them like a maniac

And at the cost of 4 Banshee's worth of energy.

2. We have accelerant to fuel our fire more and stun enemies so this makes some synergy

By the time this kicks in, your squad killed them.

3. Fireball can be used to close choke points and area burn, giving some room to breathe when things get crowded

How long, though? 5 seconds? Not worth it.

1. Have a full loadout of heat damage since her skills revolve around fire and doesn't affect secondary elements

2. Build for strength and efficiency, you can leave range and duration at 100% if you want, medium strength (180%) is good to go

Now, the battle steps

1. Cast world on fire ( optional)

Use this to jump into the fray and give some time to work on your next step, making them panic on fire

2. Cast accelerant

Let's be real, fire needs fuel to burn and accelerant has 2.5x at base value multiplier so this helps on boosting dps where you would have 4.5x at 180% before counting other skills damage

3. Cast fireball or shoot

Now with enemies stunned for a while, you can take this chance to add more fire by either giving them more fireball or shooting them with your best weapons modded with heat

I believe she's still good, only need more understanding on how her skills work and synergize from us

Or just grad a Ignis and get a more effective pocket Ember.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Did they delete it to you? What I see is increased damage at the cost of range so why is that something bad?

Issue with ember is that she scales horribly for higher missions and fire damage is quite poor against anything but infested. She needs a complete overhaul to be honest, barely any CC, low survivability and boring 4th skill. There is litterly no reason to bring her to anything, same goes for hydroid. Just mastery fodder sadly and it doesnt matter how much you mod her, she will fall off too quickly (note i dont want a new saryn but i want a frame that can actually survive and be usefull above level 25 missions).