Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is still good, maybe better

Just now, 844448 said:

On what mindset though? WoF only with firequake augment afk/walk around and everyone dies or as a whole gameplay utilizing all ability synergy and gunplay?

Second one. Still trash. That one actually got nerfed while afk gameplay is totally fine.

vor 1 Minute schrieb 844448:

On what mindset though? WoF only with firequake augment afk/walk around and everyone dies or as a whole gameplay utilizing all ability synergy and gunplay?

Against lvl40s, which still works. DE's "rework" of Ember was carried out to address this but didn't change it at all. What the rework changed, was Ember's potential against higher level enemies.

13 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

What made Ember great was the CC from her WoF. That was effectively nerf into oblivion. Combine that with Fire damage being complete S#&$. And no way to DR. And now all you've got is a frame that has some neat looking abilities thats pretty fair at killing low level mobs.

That said, Volt with shocking speed can do the exact same thing; except faster. 

Just now, zoffmode said:

Second one. Still trash. That one actually got nerfed while afk gameplay is totally fine.

You sure about that? Because as far as I can remember starting from 2014 people only use WoF and rarely other abilities, if not at all unless you're living in different world. Also what is 'that one' when you say it's a whole gameplay?

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

You sure about that? Because as far as I can remember starting from 2014 people only use WoF and rarely other abilities, if not at all unless you're living in different world. Also what is 'that one' when you say it's a whole gameplay?

Yes I'm sure. Good talk.

2 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

Against lvl40s, which still works. DE's "rework" of Ember was carried out to address this but didn't change it at all. What the rework changed, was Ember's potential against higher level enemies.

Now you have double damage after some time instead of flat 400 damage at base so you can keep up with level 40+ and you can boost it further using accelerant and fireball as extra burst so how is that not more potential against higher level enemies?

1 minute ago, zoffmode said:

"whole gameplay utilizing all ability synergy and gunplay" 🙄

I don't understand how changing the way WoF works nerfs the whole gameplay utilizing all ability and gunplay so care to explain?

3 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Post a vid soloing any Sortie. Show us how it's done. 

I mean that one is really easy. I do it all the time. You can also solo sortie without using a single ability or even without any mods on. Does that mean it's viable gameplay? Haha, far from it.

Just now, 844448 said:

I don't understand how changing the way WoF works nerfs the whole gameplay utilizing all ability and gunplay so care to explain?

No I don't care to explain cause all effort will be wasted. Cmon now.

Edited by zoffmode

14 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

mean that one is really easy. I do it all the time. You can also solo sortie without using a single ability or even without any mods on. Does that mean it's viable gameplay? Haha, far from it.

I just wanna see OP, with Ember, using his suggestion solo a exterminate, MD, defense, survival, hive, hijack, spy or assination Sortie. All 3. That's all.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 minute ago, zoffmode said:

I mean that one is really easy. I do it all the time. You can also solo sortie without using a single ability or even without any mods on. Does that mean it's viable gameplay? Haha, far from it.

I would like to see you do that

2 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

No I don't care to explain cause all effort will be wasted. Cmon now.

That means you don't really know or have any reason on why it's a nerf, like many saying something is bad but don't have reason why

7 minutes ago, 844448 said:

That means you don't really know or have any reason on why it's a nerf, like many saying something is bad but don't have reason why

No. It's cause I will only put in effort to do something I don't need or want to if I perceive it will actually be appreciated or it will affect anything. And I'm 100% certain nothing anyone will ever say to you will ever change your mind. And if I do go into details in futile attempt at getting someone at DE to read it... ah who am I kidding DE don't care.

Basically, here. Short version. WoF got heavily gutted. Other abilities got inconsequential buffs that don't matter. DPS is not buffed at all unless you're afk because of math. That's it. Figure it out.

7 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I would like to see you do that

Sure, tickets to the show begin at $50.

Edited by zoffmode

vor 11 Minuten schrieb 844448:

Now you have double damage after some time instead of flat 400 damage at base so you can keep up with level 40+ and you can boost it further using accelerant and fireball as extra burst so how is that not more potential against higher level enemies?

True the damage builds up to twice the amount, but in doing so it reduces the range of the area affected by it. Because of this you now need to go with range mods, while before you could go with more ability power mods. So, in the end, you actually have around the same damage but in a smaller area (this is with the flash accelerant augment in mind).

This, however, is again no problem against lvl 40s, as they die either way. The problem comes from lvl80+ enemies where it does not matter if you hit them with 400 heat damage or 4'000 as their armour will just reduce it to no damage.

Also, I personally only ever use fireball to destroy security lights in melee only sorties. As it's damage is worse than a modded mk1 braton ones and costs energy to cast. Which is a limited ressource since the energy also decays faster when your 4 reaches its double damage point.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I just wanna see OP, with Ember, using his suggestion solo a exterminate, MD, defense, survival, hive, hijack, spy or assination Sortie. All 3. That's all.

What would this prove, exactly? That someone can still do content that isn't even that difficult with a frame that still works fine for that content? You do it. Don't demand someone else do it. You doing it yourself might show you exactly why some people defend frames that others claim are bad.

22 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

What would this prove, exactly? That someone can still do content that isn't even that difficult with a frame that still works fine for that content? You do it. Don't demand someone else do it. You doing it yourself might show you exactly why some people defend frames that others claim are bad.

Reads title of thread. The burden of proof doesn't fall on me. It falls on OPs assertion that Ember is better after her nerf. Sorties, Arbitrations and ESO to me, can measure the validity of a frame in late game. Sadly, Ember is terrible and lacking. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Honestly if Ember had more reliable survivability via DR I’d use her more but she’s too risky to play even with the cc her abilities give she also is easily outclassed by a number of frames anyways 

She’s simply not viable 

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX

12 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I have never claimed to be anything other than a well spoken idiot.

Reveal hidden contents

2MEW5wA.png

nwS5AkX.jpg

AjrVIEQ.png

Not bad accelerant build. here's mine, more generalist cause I gave up trying to get her to be useful with her abilities. 

Spoiler

hT3reVK.pngwTHoZgP.jpg

I do love my Ember and still play her. But she's pretty trash now sadly. Oh well.

• Like 2

vor 11 Minuten schrieb zoffmode:

Not bad accelerant build. here's mine, more generalist cause I gave up trying to get her to be useful with her abilities. 

Inhalt unsichtbar machen

hT3reVK.pngwTHoZgP.jpg

I do love my Ember and still play her. But she's pretty trash now sadly. Oh well.

hxLeCLX.jpg

Ohh we sharing overformad Ember builds with little to no actual usefulness now?
Here's mine...

• Like 2