Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is still good, maybe better

46 minutes ago, Eruend said:

IF there's an enemy near you when you turn it off*.

Valkyrs don't turn off invul while there's an enemy near it. They usually already killed them all or backed off... Or died to a nullifier bubble, but that's on them. XD

The bigger question here is... why are we talking about Valkyr here? You can't compare anything she has to Ember. Heck, I'll do one better. Let's just stop talking about Valkyr altogether. This is about how much you love ember to the point where you deny everything unfavorable anyone else tells you and omit to back any of your claims with anything more then nebulous claims that don't say anything in favor of your point.

You'll need to do more then just say "ok, but how can you prove you're right? (despite people bringing truckloads of evidence)

This is what people in denial do. They are blind to, not only the possibility that they may be wrong, but also concrete evidence to it. You claim others do this, yet you do not realize that you are the one stuck in this mindset. You are very much in such a state friend. This is not me trying to be mean to you, this is me trying to break you out of this. You need to look past your personal bias and look at things from our perspective too. Read everything the people have said here without any assumptions. Once you've done that much, you should be able to come up with a clear response which would either support your cause, or come to the realisation that perhapse, you need to rethink it. Stop assuming everyone else is ignorant. That's where it all starts.

Most of what I read is about her WoF and firequake as CC being the reason of nerf so my assumption is people only use it instead of her full kit when the rest of her abilities are untouched

5 Forma in and shes still worse than she was a few years ago (which I only had one forma on). Ember was one of my first primes and while I understand that any warframe can be used in most end game scenarios, I do hate having to be forced to use the latest FOTM 'frame.

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Most of what I read is about her WoF and firequake as CC being the reason of nerf so my assumption is people only use it instead of her full kit when the rest of her abilities are untouched

And you even denied the few who went over the entirety of Ember. Stats and all. Having her other abilities untouched does not work in your favor, since they were never relevant enough to be of use in the first place. Heck, it could even be said that her accelerant is a nerfed version of her original second ability. Which used to confer Ember a % damage reduction that was affected by power strength instead of CC and a damage boost. Back then, she could reach 90% DR with it if she invested fully into power strength. If that ability was still there to this day untouched, it would likely have gone over the 100% mark due to all the new power strength mods and thus had been in need of adjustment.

As far as I've observed, the people who came here to contest what you've had to say are, for the most part, people who actually play ember even to this day. The number of formas into the embers of three of them should be evidence enough into how much they tried to make it work out. Wouldn't surprise me if their arguments were more about frustration at how she has fallen as opposed to simply contradicting you in favor of the popular opinion.

Edited by Eruend

This thread is sad, I would even say horrific. Threads like this is the reason Ember and others are in the situation she is right now.

• OP is ignoring any posts with at least some relevant information
  • pointless debates regarding WoF overheat mechanics:
    • in lower lvls it changes nothing, because -range/+strength can be player around
    • in higher lvls it fu**s her up, because 100% more strength is absolutely irrelevant and a non-factor, but range is crucial
  • "state of the art" endgame builds revolve solely around Flash Accelerant and turn Ember into a bot or ACC Monkey as I like to call her
    • which reduces her to a one trick pony
    • highly constrains her playstyle or weapon options
    • and actually shows how terrible her kit is
  • any Frame can clear any sortie solo without even using an ability once, because every Frame works as a weapon platform - this is not the mark to clear
  • instead people discuss off topic Valkyr and wonder afterwards why reworks suck
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ShortCat said:
  • "state of the art" endgame builds revolve solely around Flash Accelerant and turn Ember into a bot or ACC Monkey as I like to call her
    • which reduces her to a one trick pony
    • highly constrains her playstyle or weapon options
    • and actually shows how terrible her kit is

Been saying. I love Ember, my favourite 'frame, and I am straight up telling y'all that to get a decent performance out of her you have to really jump through hoops, focus in on one specific capability, and have a really dumb build to capitalise on it.

She's functional, but the lengths you have to go to to make her functional compared to other 'frames is absolutely daft. I'd love to see the DEsign crew stuck in some kind of Zone of Truth which compels you to answer all questions fully and honestly, and have them asked a very simple question: "What is the role you see for Ember in the game? What do you feel she should be good at? What aspects of her would cause players to choose her over another 'frame, for damage, survivability, and utility? Do you feel that her current mechanical implementation supports that? Why do you feel this?"

Meanwhile, Octavia. Equinox. Mesa. Saryn. Excalibur. Ash. Have them flash up on the wall behind the Dev team while they're answering.

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

and have a really dumb build to capitalise on it.

Saw your build. I lean in a similar direction, but try to not forfeit her other abilities completely: https://imgur.com/guv3rXY

10 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

She's functional, but the lengths you have to go to to make her functional compared to other 'frames is absolutely daft.

True.

• Like 1

this my friend work vs infested , greneer not so much etc you will have to use the syndicate mod + you will need to do smart recast + dps from weapons beceause ember is useless after 50 tada .. but for chill runnin around still works like a shine  etc i prefer hyldrin tho 😄

@844448

she definitely got worse, but she is still good enough to do the low level stuff she was always good at. STILL worse though, low level exterminates were the best reason to use her before because you didn't have to search as hard for the enemies hiding behind walls/corners, but now u have to actually get closer to them to make sure they die. My build feels the same as before the nerfs besides the fact she has less range now, and if i wanted to get more range i would have to sacrifice efficiency/duration/strength mods to get it, which would make the damage too insignificant to kill trash mobs. So for me the nerfs that happened to her did one thing, and one thing only and that was lowered her range which is a direct nerf not 'maybe better'.

On 2019-06-05 at 1:50 AM, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

Ember’s abilities use fire and blast to cc keeping enemies at bay especially heavily armored and shielded ones while she is able to deal damage to low ehp mobs like lancers and chargers

Ember’s 4 requires her to be very mobile in order to be effective focusing low ehp mobs and stunning high ehp mobs to kill with your 2

Ember’s 2 is mostly to deal with enemies with higher ehp and quick short cc

Ember’s 3 is for buffing your weapons and a large knockdown for more survivability via cc

Ember’s 1 is best used as single target cc do not try to use this for any practical damage

Ember’s survivability is directly tied to her DPS using ember for solely cc is unreliable and ineffective if ember can’t kill it means more enemies alive to damage her 

comparing her to the other elemental frames

Volt outclasses ember’s playstyle by being more practical and safe to use for most missions. volt is most effective stationary while ember is most effective mobile which is their only significant difference but it is not an effective or meaningful one imo

saryn can cover a larger area then ember however saryn lacks the cc ember does for survivability however she can make up for this with better scaling dps and mob clearing than ember

ember relies on her ability to kill in a risky manner and must have the range to effectively cover ember from enemy fire due to ember not having the ehp to take hits

ember is best in infested and at her worst in corpus and her damage has fall off too early

Ember for me is not worth the trouble and lacks the survivability, significant damage and cc to be useful 

“Volt is most effective stationary”...WHUT.

But I agree with everything else.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

You know Ember is being grossly underestimated by most players when the Octavia in an arbitration is given credit for killing everything (by players in mission chat), only to find the Ember with most damage and kills at the end of the mission :-P.

Found a lazy/great use for her, even if it falls into the running around with wof and killing low level enemies.  Infested Salvage (Up to wave 4). No recasting like Saryn (kills too fast for spores to survive unless with some weird extra low damage build) or Octavia, Oberon, Frost, Mesa has to spin. Just the good old running around in this cursed mission.

Equinox could probably do the same with less drain (3.5<6) and more health(375>300), haven't played with her really.

Edited by niutp