Jump to content
(PS4)FK2P

Ember Rework (Phoenix Powers) Thread, POST SUGGESTIONS!

Recommended Posts

This thread is for posting potential Phoenix related ember powers.

ill start.

ABILITY: Mercy: Ember erupts in merciful tears which seek allies. This estroys her Armour, health and shields down to minimum 0/2, and then rapidly regenerates at 100 heals per second, and gain 4000 armour per second scaling up to 40.000 armour (rhino does it biatch) alongside her squad for 25 seconds. While this ability is active, the team are immune to status procs, knockdown, and all outgoing damage deals 50% lifesteal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merciful tears is what I cry when I see people with less than one month of play time suggesting reworks that make no sense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JujuHex said:

Merciful tears is what I cry when I see people with less than one month of play time suggesting reworks that make no sense.

I’m an alt, and I’ve had enough trying tbh, this community and the devs are pathetic at realising what is underpowered. Ember is a bad frame, and I’m deleting her, there’s not a single thing in her kit I need that isn’t outperformed by another frame, and some of those frames do other roles too. DE can do whatever they want with the old dead irrelevant warframes that have become irrelevant. Half the community just sits in Hydron now anyway, and the other half just use chroma to kill the eidolons. I’m now playing octavia 24/7 because there’s no reason not to now she has the power of 5 warframes in one, she can trivialise any mission at any level, and if ember isn’t buffed to that level then I’m afraid the “captain marvel” of warframe will never be replaced. good luck topping that. Bye. P.S I use really annoying music with her too. I like to break peoples ears whilst I break the game. 🙂

Edited by (PS4)FK2P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

I’m an alt, and I’ve had enough trying tbh, this community and the devs are pathetic at realising what is underpowered. Ember is a bad frame, and I’m deleting her, there’s not a single thing in her kit I need that isn’t outperformed by another frame, and some of those frames do other roles too. DE can do whatever they want with the old dead irrelevant warframes that have become irrelevant. Half the community just sits in Hydron now anyway, and the other half just use chroma to kill the eidolons. I’m now playing octavia 24/7 because there’s no reason not to now she has the power of 5 warframes in one, she can trivialise any mission at any level, and if ember isn’t buffed to that level then I’m afraid the “captain marvel” of warframe will never be replaced. good luck topping that. Bye. 

I'm not sure if this entire thread is bait or not, but the criticism on this thread seems to be that crying and a whole slew of defensive buffs are not a good thematic fit for a fire-themed warframe (and her theme is fire, she just has a phoenix/chicken aesthetic). In fact, even if Ember were phoenix-themed, it would still be unlikely to be a good fit, unless one is basing one's concept of phoenixes entirely off that one bit in Harry Potter. I think we can all agree that Ember is in a sad state right now, and needs changes to her kit that make her feel much better to play, but I don't think this is the way of going about it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

I'm not sure if this entire thread is bait or not, but the criticism on this thread seems to be that crying and a whole slew of defensive buffs are not a good thematic fit for a fire-themed warframe (and her theme is fire, she just has a phoenix/chicken aesthetic). In fact, even if Ember were phoenix-themed, it would still be unlikely to be a good fit, unless one is basing one's concept of phoenixes entirely off that one bit in Harry Potter. I think we can all agree that Ember is in a sad state right now, and needs changes to her kit that make her feel much better to play, but I don't think this is the way of going about it.

Okay so tell me what would be a good fit, pheonexes die and are born again, and their tears heal. So... what do YOU have that would work with the pathetic fire damage she has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

I'm not sure if this entire thread is bait or not, but the criticism on this thread seems to be that crying and a whole slew of defensive buffs are not a good thematic fit for a fire-themed warframe (and her theme is fire, she just has a phoenix/chicken aesthetic). In fact, even if Ember were phoenix-themed, it would still be unlikely to be a good fit, unless one is basing one's concept of phoenixes entirely off that one bit in Harry Potter. I think we can all agree that Ember is in a sad state right now, and needs changes to her kit that make her feel much better to play, but I don't think this is the way of going about it.

I don’t really care what exactly gets implemented, but currently whoever is making these warframes is so inconsistent, they give one warframe scaling damage, and another like... 400 base damage per proc ... I mean... come on. So yeah I think we all need to work together to come up with some play styles and ability’s we could run on her. I’m just throwing some first drafts out there, and I just want her to be where she deserves , she looks amazing but she has always been at the bottom of the pile because of her lazy playstyle they just nerf and nerf instead of actually changing the power rotation so that she can play actively and scale like saryn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Okay so tell me what would be a good fit, pheonexes die and are born again, and their tears heal. So... what do YOU have that would work with the pathetic fire damage she has. 

Ideas on my end:

  • Change Heat damage as a whole so that it's not absolutely terrible, mainly by letting Heat status procs stack (they're currently the only DoT that doesn't stack with itself).
  • Rework Ember's passive so that she has a self-revive, whose cooldown is reduced the more enemies she sets on fire.
  • Remove Fireball's charge mechanic, trail, etc., and instead add bonus damage and damage over time based on the target's max health + shields
  • Accelerant's fine.
  • Replace Fire Blast with another ability, where Ember detonates an enemy currently on fire to strip their armor and deal Blast damage to themselves and nearby enemies, with a guaranteed proc. Any enemy caught in the blast who was also on fire also suffers the same detonation, repeatable indefinitely.
  • Remove World on Fire's cost and damage increase, and range decrease, instead change the entirety of World on Fire's damage to current health + shields damage, so that it can soften up enemies, but can't kill them on its own.

Thoughts?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

Ideas on my end:

  • Change Heat damage as a whole so that it's not absolutely terrible, mainly by letting Heat status procs stack (they're currently the only DoT that doesn't stack with itself).
  • Rework Ember's passive so that she has a self-revive, whose cooldown is reduced the more enemies she sets on fire.
  • Remove Fireball's charge mechanic, trail, etc., and instead add bonus damage and damage over time based on the target's max health + shields
  • Accelerant's fine.
  • Replace Fire Blast with another ability, where Ember detonates an enemy currently on fire to strip their armor and deal Blast damage to themselves and nearby enemies, with a guaranteed proc. Any enemy caught in the blast who was also on fire also suffers the same detonation, repeatable indefinitely.
  • Remove World on Fire's cost and damage increase, and range decrease, instead change the entirety of World on Fire's damage to current health + shields damage, so that it can soften up enemies, but can't kill them on its own.

Thoughts?

Your replacement for fire blast is literally very similar to my Rework kit for her fourth ability. 

Edited by (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

scale like saryn

I have two short words for that suggestion: Hek no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

Your replacement for fire blast is literally very similar to my Rework kit for her fourth ability. 

I took a look at your thread, and you're right! I was also looking at Yamamoto-kun's proposal, which featured a similar "finger-snap for chain blast" effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I took a look at your thread, and you're right! I was also looking at Yamamoto-kun's proposal, which featured a similar "finger-snap for chain blast" effect.

I know. But the sad part is that the people taking my ideas won’t even leave some form of feedback on my Rework. That hurts a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...