Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How I would fix Nightwave's between seasons problem

DustyFlash

Currently Nightwave is disabled in between seasons, making it completely impossible to acquire a large array of resources (and cosmetics) that would have previously been available from alerts.

I suggest making it so we can still do nightwave daily missions for "standing" up to ~132k like syndicates or less. This will be separate from Season Standing, and it will be used to buy and acquire items from Nora, the biggest difference is that items will not last as long as seasons, they will last 2h~ as to give time for people who might want to acquire the item to farm standing for it, Nitain in general will have a bigger quantity than the previous alert system because it is much more required, but not as much as Season NItain. 

When Seasons Start, the "Alert-Mode" Nightwave will be disabled from use as to avoid server resource overuse and confusion as to which challenge rewards what for what.

TL;DR Bring back Alerts but also don't bring them back.

Just now, Spectre-8 said:

How about just get rid of Nightwave as a whole instead ?

I mean, by doing that we simply just remove content. and "existing lore" as to why the Wolf Exists, adding a inconsistency to the lore in warframe. (Some people don't care of lore so you can ignore this fact if you want)

Secondly, it would revert us to the old and stale alert system, sure it works, but its not brilliant either.

Thirdly it would probably let DE have more time to work on other stuff I guess.

And finally we would lose space aunt.

But honestly I don't know what removing it right now would do, the most obvious thing would be that it would create chaos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DustyFlash said:

I mean, by doing that we simply just remove content. and "existing lore" as to why the Wolf Exists, adding a inconsistency to the lore in warframe. (Some people don't care of lore so you can ignore this fact if you want)

Secondly, it would revert us to the old and stale alert system, sure it works, but its not brilliant either.

Thirdly it would probably let DE have more time to work on other stuff I guess.

And finally we would lose space aunt.

But honestly I don't know what removing it right now would do, the most obvious thing would be that it would create chaos.

Nightwave is pure garbage , not content.

They should have just made a season last until the next one arrives (or at most 24h before) instead of coming with placeholder alerts or other system, so they can extend it until the next one is ready.

The way to fix it, is to let them fix it right, get the system working so that it can be put on a regular schedule the way they seem to have intended in the first place. 

OP is mixing the worst parts of both systems and offering it as a recurring thing. Limited time alerts = excluding most players from any given alert. Large nitain drops = rapidly negating nitain as a reason to play more often. 

15 hours ago, Tailsx said:

Just curious, why do you believe Nightwave is garbage? 

Most of us are too tired of repeating the essay-long lists of everything utterly wrong in Nightwave, there still exists the original announcement topics and feedback topics with all of our endless criticisms you can mine through if you're genuinely curious, maybe one of us will muster up the strength to repeat all the major points in detail, but putting it shortly:

-Narrative dissonance with Nora versus house chore list of activities.
-House chore list was fine as side activities in affinity bonus, can't carry the weight of Alerts on their own.
-Reward structure is based on promise of getting something after a list of chores, not rewarding for each chore.
-The Sisyphean task over months of just doing these boring chores for promises of rewards later left a bad taste to many of us.
-Deceptively hostile to new and "casual" players as the limited amount of creds offered with expensive offerings meant they too needed to go above and beyond rank 30 to get more creds for resources they needed and not just cosmetics and Umbra forma.
-Just annoying with every mission invaded by reminders and sleeve-pulling to do your boring checklist completion chores.
-Alerts had potential, mission types already served a larger in universe story of saving prisoners, capturing targets, hacking information etc, needed improvement, punching up dialogue, presentation and tweaks to structure like cooldowns instead of random alerts, not just throwing away the entire system. Doing alerts had potential to feel like you are doing meaningful helpful acts in the solar system, achievement style side bonus chore lists are removed from meaningful stuff, that's a major problem of Nightwave.
-Got rid of resources many people preferred to do alerts for rather than specific mission tiles/planets, which gave new players early access to later planetary resources like nano spores which are very much needed by a lot early on.
-Nora Night being just in general obnoxious, apparently no one saw any issue while recording her lines with how inappropriate lines like how completing an act tickles our reptile brain are, which just sounds like admitting that the system is trying to be psychologically manipulative in its reward structure. It's in very bad taste to remind players about the fine line free to play live service games walk between being just a fun game and being just a Skinner Box.
-It was just so obviously tacked on and trying to chase trends without considering how to fit it in with the general systems and world of Warframe.
-Just... What did any of our actions with collecting X mods, Hunting Y animals, killing A enemies with B damage, doing C sorties, # capture missions with a clan member-- What did any of that have to do with Nora or Wolf or Alad V or any of the mumbo jumbo "lore" they gave us?

Edited by SnuggleBuckets
  • Like 1

On 2019-06-06 at 1:52 AM, SnuggleBuckets said:

Just... What did any of our actions with collecting X mods, Hunting Y animals, killing A enemies with B damage, doing C sorties, # capture missions with a clan member-- What did any of that have to do with Nora or Wolf or Alad V or any of the mumbo jumbo "lore" they gave us?

This^ This is my biggest problem with all of it. Just more incoherent inept lore being shoved down our throats without a shred of cohesiveness.