Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rozraz

Make Energizing dash the Vazarin waybound focus branch maybe?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!  I'm sure you've seen me post several things on the forums from applying for these contests or replying to some post that my mobile chrome app on my phone showed me but I wanted to come and chip in and tell my story.  See I am just now getting around to unlocking my next focus school with the intention of further increasing my versatility with the operator form when new patches arise.  The focus school I was aiming for (Since I started with Madurai) was the Vazarin Focus School and their Energizing dash ability.  However I decided to do some research before I went continue any further and found out that Energizing Dash is not the waybound focus branch and that only one focus school is allowed to be active at any single time.  So Now I'm in this predicament of "Should I continue to even try and invest into a second focus school?".  I'm already 7 traits into the Madurai Focus school with Phoenix Talons and Spirits completely filled up and Inner gaze ready to be unbounded with Eternal Gaze slowly underway as well as Void strike. I've already invested 1.6 million focus points into the school and now that I know about Energizing Dash not being Vazarin's waybound branch I do not see a reason to try and invest into the other focus schools.  I'd appreciate if you guys could give me a reason to keep going ahead and doing this because I don't see a reason anymore. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First and foremost, you mean Zenurik, Vazarin has protective dash 😉

Waybounds are always passives, they are never abilities that change the basic functionality of operator active abilities. You have to choose what you want to have active, you can't have everything. Pretty much all of the focus schools have their use, even if it's just a niche one. Also there are several frames and/or builds that have no need for energizing dash, so running Zenurik is technically a waste there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zenurik is the school with Energizing Dash, and it happens to have some other nice skills like Temporal Blast for CC and Lightning Dash for decent-ish damage and electric procs. 

Vazarin’s Protective Dash has the ability to temporary make targets invincible while healing them for 60% of their HP over 5 seconds. It’s an extremely useful ability that lets people easily solo missions with frames that ordinarily would be unable to defend the target. 

Once you max out your current school, it can’t hurt to move on to other trees as their waybounds will help your operator become stronger regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every Focus School has strong features to offer, it's up to the Players to educate themselves enough to get a damn about their features.

and all of the Waybounds for Spacekid are useful to have anyways. they all make Spacekid massively more durable, faster, and easier/more effective to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can think of several reasons to learn additional schools:

  • The meta for most endgame content involves a variety of schools, not just Zenurik. 
  • Frames that have alternate means of energy regeneration (e.g. Limbo, Octavia, Trinity, anything with Rage) get less use out of Energizing Dash.
  • Frames that don't use a lot of energy (Hildryn, obviously, but I'd also say tank frames like Inaros) don't really need Energizing Dash.
  • Energy Restores are a thing and can be mass-produced.
  • Zenurik is the default choice for basically everyone, so someone else will probably have Energizing Dash anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole point of Zenurik is to be energy-based. The other ones have their own themes, and this wouldn't match. The waybounds are general stats to improve the operator, but specific abilities are school-focused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zenurik is the school for energizing dash. 

It is a passive but not a way bound for this school. 

Way bounds once unlocked are available for all schools, assuming you have the necessary pool to keep them enabled. 

Zenurik is the preferred school of many players cause free energy, free electric damage, free CC, free enemy grouping, bonus energy regen with orbs. 

But it is also one of the most high investment schools. 

But all schools have their uses for very specific builds, think of them as warframe lite abilities. 

Decide what abilities you like and invest in that school. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zenurik is convenient but when you have frame that doesnt need much energy or you have trinity, its not neeeded. 

When I use nekros, I go with naramon because of ability that decreases combo gradually by 10 or 5 every second, not just vanishing completely. 

Madurai is my go to for eidolons. I have hunter munitions on volt so energy isnt a problem, there will always be someone who uses energy pads and I have 175 efficiency on volt, so one shield is like 12.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, xBelgabor said:

 

Waybounds are always passives, they are never abilities that change the basic functionality of operator active abilities

Naramon's Mind Sprint must be The Exception then.

10 hours ago, Invictus13307 said:

Energy Restores are a thing and can be mass-produced.

No they can't.... they can be Mass Hoarded over time.... they mist definitely can not be mass produced. Even you spent platinum to rush them its still not enough to be considered "Mass Production" relatively to how often you would need to spam abilites.

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Zenurik is the preferred school of many players cause free energy, free electric damage, free CC, free enemy grouping, bonus energy regen with orbs. 

I don't think most people care beyond Free Energy. 

3 hours ago, Bagadyr said:

Madurai is my go to for eidolons. I have hunter munitions on volt so energy isnt a problem,

Hunter's Adrenaline... and really ? You're one and only sauce of energy is taking damage from a creature capable of one shotting Rhino through Iron Skin ? 

3 hours ago, Bagadyr said:

I have 175 efficiency on volt, so one shield is like 12.5.

It gets rounded up to 13...

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I use vazarin because of the instant revives when pugging.. it's a relief.

It is ? 

The way I justify not using it is because I only get 4 its not that useful in genuinely broken content and in regular content its rarely ever necessary in the first place...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gerade eben schrieb Lutesque:

 

It is ? 

The way I justify not using it is because I only get 4 its not that useful in genuinely broken content and in regular content its rarely ever necessary in the first place...

 

It's 8 with operator, yes before the Nerf it was much better because it was scaling so the longer you played, the more revives you had and made them useful when people got one shotted later in the mission.. I hope they give the scaling back somehow..

 

Well, in almost any pug I play people often die, mostly when they take YouTube builds with no efficiency, causing not being able to use any ability and because they use no defense mods like vitality etc.

At least that's my experience in pugs, so I always take vazarin for that. 8 revives is better than nothing >_>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

It's 8 with operator, yes before the Nerf it was much better because it was scaling so the longer you played, the more revives you had and made them useful when people got one shotted later in the mission.. I hope they give the scaling back somehow..

 

Well, in almost any pug I play people often die, mostly when they take YouTube builds with no efficiency, causing not being able to use any ability and because they use no defense mods like vitality etc.

At least that's my experience in pugs, so I always take vazarin for that. 8 revives is better than nothing >_>

Well... I mean if they're always dying than you'll be spending more time reviving people than doing the mission.... in that scenario even infinite  instant revives wouldn't be useful....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

Well... I mean if they're always dying than you'll be spending more time reviving people than doing the mission.... in that scenario even infinite  instant revives wouldn't be useful....

Still, better than nothing v.v I like that I just need to press x and keep going.. but after the revives are used I get annoyed when someone dies.. but we have this new amalgam mod now for shotguns for faster reviving, maybe I'll give that a try 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Still, better than nothing

Then I guess its a good thing your only other option isn't nothing....there are 4 other schools....all of which havw something more to offer than instant Revives... 

Energy being te obvious one.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

but we have this new amalgam mod now for shotguns for faster reviving, maybe I'll give that a try

Its too slow... also Fire Rate on shotguns ? 

Probably only worth using if stacked with Trinity's Passive....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

Then I guess its a good thing your only other option isn't nothing....there are 4 other schools....all of which havw something more to offer than instant Revives... 

Energy being te obvious one.

Its too slow... also Fire Rate on shotguns ? 

Probably only worth using if stacked with Trinity's Passive....

Oh well 😞 from all there's only 2 I use, vazarin (revives, heal) and I think naramon (combo counter delay thingy).. zenurik is situational for me, I don't really have energy issues.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Oh well 😞 from all there's only 2 I use, vazarin (revives, heal) and I think naramon (combo counter delay thingy).. zenurik is situational for me, I don't really have energy issues.. 

Well then consider yourself lucky then.... energy issue affect the majority of Warframe players hence why everyone and tbeir mother uses Zenurik.

Alot of the time I run with Madurai because im too lazy to switch back and forth whenever its time to hunt....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vazarin is the support school
zenriuk is the energy school

you want to get the 2 waybounds from each school an unbind them so you get your operator as strong as possible. cause will make things easyier on yourself.
vazarin will give waybound for health an passive operator health regen
zenurik will give waybound for larger operator energy pool an operator energy pool regen
maduri gives wayboudn for amp energy pool, an amp energy regen pool.
unariu is operator armor an big void blast
narromon is void dash speed an operator movement speed

once a waybound is unlocked you can use it in any other school of focus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the energizing dash is such a big deal tbh because all you save are some energy pads....unless you're doing ESO where gears are prohibited.

It'll probably save you some credits in the long run but that's about it.

I, for example, started with Madurai, when I run out of energy I just press my hotkey for energy pad once or twice and pretends as nothing has happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Naramon's Mind Sprint must be The Exception then.

I don't see how increasing the speed of your void dash changes the basic functionality. You're still void dashing.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

No they can't.... they can be Mass Hoarded over time.... they mist definitely can not be mass produced. Even you spent platinum to rush them its still not enough to be considered "Mass Production" relatively to how often you would need to spam abilites.

Why do you always try to play the semantics game? You know what they meant.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I don't think most people care beyond Free Energy. 

Which is precisely why people like you end up not understanding the game mechanics. You don't care beyond the most basic of the basic premises. Then you come to the forums and you say things that make people's head hurt, like implying that Mind Sprint changes any core functionality at all.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The way I justify not using it is because I only get 4 its not that useful in genuinely broken content and in regular content its rarely ever necessary in the first place...

Dear Lutesque,

Others will find things useful, situationally, that you won't. Reviving pub players without having to spend extra time doing so keeps the quicker missions running smoothly. Extra affinity range means more flexibility in where you stand during leveling runs.
If you have ever actually used Vazarin you would know that the free revives are just icing on the cake. The fact that you can invuln and heal defense objects (including pods, excavators, and consoles) is where the real meat of Vazarin is actually at.

Sincerely,
Someone who can't understand how you haven't learned anything from your various chats with knowledgeable veterans over the past few months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I don't see how increasing the speed of your void dash changes the basic functionality. You're still void dashing

Then you haven't tried doing a tier 5 Bounty without using your K-Drive/Archwing.... trust me... Mind sprint is a functional change to void dash.

14 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Why do you always try to play the semantics game? You know what they meant.

Because someone told me they could be mass produced in very little detail just like they usually do.... naturally I was dissapointed whe I realised what he meant.... 

Maybe uts just me but I don't particularly like being lied to.

16 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Which is precisely why people like you end up not understanding the game mechanics. You don't care beyond the most basic of the basic premises. Then you come to the forums and you say things that make people's head hurt, like implying that Mind Sprint changes any core functionality at all.

LoL.... it does... as for For a lack of understanding the game well then whos fault is that ? Shouldn't the game be more clear on explaining things ? Seriously.... DE jst recently launched a new game mode with 0 Tutorials.... of course people aren't going to understand how it works.... ESPECIALLY if its buggy as all hell.

20 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Reviving pub players without having to spend extra time doing so keeps the quicker missions running smoothly.

You mean those players who instantly use ine if their revives before you can reach them ? 

21 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Extra affinity range means more flexibility in where you stand during leveling runs

latest?cb=20171022184201

"Launch a bright red flare that significantly increases Affinity Range while active."

24 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

The fact that you can invuln and heal defense objects (including pods, excavators, and consoles) is where the real meat of Vazarin is actually at.

Im WAAAAAAAY too busy Nuking the map to bother with that....  and I when push comes to shove I use Gara to prevent the defense target from needing healing in the first place..... also lets be honest... DE is going to nerf the S#&$ out that one day....

28 minutes ago, Chipputer said:


If you have ever actually used Vazarin

I have.... I have all the Focus Schools unlocked and upgraded.... Vazarin is my favourite but its also the most underwhelming.... don't need anything from it other than the Waybounds.

30 minutes ago, Chipputer said:


Someone who can't understand how you haven't learned anything from your various chats with knowledgeable veterans over the past few months

Easy.... I don't depend on getting lucky like they do.... if I suggest something you better believe it will work.... you'l never catch me saying.. just do so ad so because energy orbs are EVERYWHERE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Then you haven't tried doing a tier 5 Bounty without using your K-Drive/Archwing.... trust me... Mind sprint is a functional change to void dash.

You're moving a little faster, therefore a little farther. That's not a functionality change. There's no semantics in the world that will change that.

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

as for For a lack of understanding the game well then whos fault is that ?

Mostly yours, actually. We're not talking about deep, in depth mechanics. You mistake basic things constantly. Does, "Vaykor Hek's crit isn't good without a riven," sound familiar to you?

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

"Launch a bright red flare that significantly increases Affinity Range while active."

Boy it sure is a good thing Vazarin stacks with this, is permanent, and cost no extra resources.

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Im WAAAAAAAY too busy Nuking the map to bother with that....  and I when push comes to shove I use Gara to prevent the defense target from needing healing in the first place..... also lets be honest... DE is going to nerf the S#&$ out that one day....

I can't even...
Not everyone uses nuke frames. A large portion of players actually find them quite boring. Nuke frames also leave the defense objective open to attacks. Gara's defense isn't infallible and can often still lead to cheeky enemies getting above her walls or attacking through them before they're fully vitrified.

Sortie level enemies, with modifiers, can lead to one shot excavators. Gara and nukes aren't going to prevent that long range shot from killing it. Kuva survival doesn't scale the pod either.

It's a narrow mindset to ignore something's usefulness because you choose to not acknowledge it because, "my play style just works, okay, I promise I've never had a mistake happen ever because everything I suggest just works, don't ask me why. It just does."

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I don't depend on getting lucky like they do.

I sincerely hope that your mentality doesn't reflect the creator who you use your avatar from. You're really something else, kiddo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...