Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Uber Remake: Shadows Of The Dead [Concept Art Included]

Jamescell

-Now that I think about it, this should be under concepts.

I find Nekros' Uber to for one, be very underwhelming, and two, totally eclipsed by Chaos, effect and visual wise. This remake would aim to keep the ability much the same, but more enjoyable and theme-fitting. No more holograms.

The ability: Nekros would store killed enemies as he does now, but not just his own kills. All kills made by the team in range of the ability would be added to Nekros' collection. Now here's the interesting part. Instead of summoning weird holographs that look like they are under the effect of a demented Chaos, Nekros uses the soul energy/mass collected from slain enemies, and nano-bots to construct un-dead, feral Warframe husks, Warframe husks have shields, and an HP bar that doesn't regenerate. Recasting the ability rejuvenates all living husks, and replaces fallen ones. The more enemy units killed, by your team, the stronger all Tenno Husks for the rest of the game become; up to a certain point. The base stats are based off of the level of enemies in the mission.  LoveYourEnemy agreed to create a concept for the un-dead feral Warframe husk, so a visual will be coming soon.

Behavior: These fallen warriors still retain their mastery of combat, but lack conscience and control. Husks will jump on larger enemies, disemboweling and keeping the effected unit busy. Smaller units are also stun locked, desperately trying to defend against the onslaught of these un-dead Tenno. Husks can jump far distances to engage/stagger enemies. Although spindly, husks are very agile, avoid the majority of gun fire.

Visuals: Undead Tenno husks are the colors of the scheme Nekros has equipped, with a large amount of unchanging black, as on Nekros' back. These un-dead hunch over as they move, and when sprinting can run on all fours. These un-dead would looks similar to Nekros, being even more spindly, and having an Ash like head.

Undead Tenno Husk Concept (will be tweaked shortly)-Credit to LoveYourEnemy

1276956_515661691848753_1762145164_o.jpg

Edited by Jamescell

So wouldn't that do exactly what chaos does; take every enemy in room and tie them up stationary fighting another enemy?

SotD is different from chaos for a number of reasons, one because its mobile instead of stationary. So you don't have to go search out enemies in corners etc.

I agree tho it needs to be easier to 'recruit' souls. I think any enemies hit with soul punch should also be added to your cast queue, and the duration needs a huge buff to like 45/60/75 sec.

I like the visual concept, but I don't quite agree with the mechanics.

The husks are cool and I would like to see that. Most of the strongest skills in the game are the "persistent" skills that have a duration rather than an immediate effect. Giving Nekros an Ult that not only doesn't have a duration, but with minions that get stronger when you get kills (especially considering there's usually no lack of enemies) seems potentially game breaking. I think it'd also instead of making Chaos comparable, make it completely inferior as the only other persistent ult skill.

There would still have to be a set spawn limit if the minions didn't despawn and I also feel as if they would have to have a set power limit, because you can't go around with an entire MD room of increasingly strong minions throughout an entire stage.

I think it would also be cool for kills to heal the minions or for minions to be able to be healed by health orbs and targetable by player skills.

The mechanics of this would probably be too difficult for DE to implement. By that, I mean to difficult for them to want to implement. Why take the extremely more time-consuming road when what they have is just as good?

Shadows of the Dead probably wasn't nearly as difficult.

I like SotD, I think it just has a few small issues (bugs, number of enemies, tweaks) that once fixed would make it so much better. People compare it to Chaos, but it doesn't work like Chaos. I've used Nekros and Nyx, Chaos and SotD don't work the same way, and don't have the same objecive. If anything, Terrify is closer to Chaos. Plus, having to kill your own units isn't bad. It has its pros and cons. The problem is nukers and playing with people much better equipped. That needs to get looked at, and perhaps make SotD mark enemies while they're alive that'll get cloned once dead. Like I said, tweaks.

As a necromancer frame, it makes perfect sense for him to raise those he has killed to fight for him. That's what necromancers do. Thus, as interesting as your suggestion sounds, I do not want SotD to be changed, just improved. 

Not only that, realistically, this won't get implemented. I can tell you now, DE will not want to implement this for various reasons, none more so than the fact that this would take so much more time and resources than tweaking SotD to make it better. 

Edited by Dracosaber

The mechanics of this would probably be too difficult for DE to implement. By that, I mean to difficult for them to want to implement. Why take the extremely more time-consuming road when what they have is just as good?

Shadows of the Dead probably wasn't nearly as difficult.

I like SotD, I think it just has a few small issues (bugs, number of enemies, tweaks) that once fixed would make it so much better. People compare it to Chaos, but it doesn't work like Chaos. I've used Nekros and Nyx, Chaos and SotD don't work the same way, and don't have the same objecive. If anything, Terrify is closer to Chaos. Plus, having to kill your own units isn't bad. It has its pros and cons. The problem is nukers and playing with people much better equipped. That needs to get looked at, and perhaps make SotD mark enemies while they're alive that'll get cloned once dead. Like I said, tweaks.

As a necromancer frame, it makes perfect sense for him to raise those he has killed to fight for him. That's what necromancers do. Thus, as interesting as your suggestion sounds, I do not want SotD to be changed, just improved. 

Not only that, realistically, this won't get implemented. I can tell you now, DE will not want to implement this for various reasons, none more so than the fact that this would take so much more time and resources than tweaking SotD to make it better. 

this is true ai is one of the most difficult things to code for 

I would agree with you that I think that the uber should resurrect all enemies, regardless of who killed them, but that is where our agreement ends.

In all honesty, the only real flaw I find with the uber is that you can only resurrect enemies you kill, which is a huge pain in the &#! if you are playing with like a Rhino who pretty much just instantly kills or stuns an entire room with his uber, and its even worse for Nova, who does the same except this time destroys the bodies as well.

I think that Nekros should be able to resurrect any dead bodes in an area up to a certain point, because otherwise his uber is only useful if you are in a position where you don't need it.  In other words, nekros's uber is far too situational to be useful at all really.  Only his first ability even hurts enemies, so you can only really rely on strict weaponry to get kills here, so anyone starting out with nekros and a bunch of low level weapons is pretty screwed if they are in a situation where they are surrounded.

@Dracosaber, Yeah Nekros' Uber is pretty good if you discount that there are much better 4's, chaos completely eclipses it, visually, and utility wise, and an ult. shouldn't be a small distraction ability, it should be something more creative and significant.<br /><br />And if you are going to inform me about Nekros, please read up the ability. He doesn't actually resurrect enemies as of now, he makes shadows, and originally the idea was that he used nano-bots. It fits sci-fi better as well.<br /><br />I'm not saying chaos is the same, I'm saying it completely eclipses SHotD. ANd no, having units you spawn die instead of enemies is NOT more productive in any way.

I can tell you right now. You should invest more time into posts where you desecrate the original idea. At least put out enough effort to show why the idea does not have enough effort put in.

Edited by Jamescell