Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pls help

Shad0wWatcher

Question

Hey there, i'm not sure how it happened but for some reason after logging in i received an inbox stating that a gift that i had sent to my Younger brother's account had been opened. Now of course that wouldn't normally be a problem, except that i never sent him a gift recently. As shown in the images below, the top inbox is mine.

Spoiler

GKiDm0k.jpg

And here's the inbox of my younger brother's account

Spoiler

5g4PXCk.jpg

As you can see, there is no message from me, but in mine it says it was sent today. 

Earlier in the morning when i was on my account i still had 2,799 plat...now i'm mysteriously missing 225 plat as shown in the top image. I gotta say i'm kinda pissed. Normally i wouldn't mind gifting something to someone. But i didn't gift anything, i haven't been online since this morning. I asked him if he did it cause he was on my laptop playing warframe, he said no and he knows that if he lies to me about something like this i'll kick his butt. This is my money we're talking about.

Now my question, is what can i do to find out about how this came to be?

8 answers to this question

Contact Warframe Support. They'll have a better idea of what actually went on because they can see your transaction history (i.e. they can tell whether or not your account actually made that purchase). They might be able to help you get your plat refunded.

Some advice, having worked a customer-facing job before: Remember you're asking Support for help, don't demand it - being polite in your request makes it more likely (but not guaranteed) that customer support will help you if they can.

And a final comment - if your brother did break into your account to gift himself a Cernos, I hope he is either really young (i.e. not at the age where we expect people to be making rational decisions), or you may want to have a talk with him to help him get his priorities in life straight. The Cernos is not a rare weapon - the BP is in the market and the crafting costs are relatively low. What kind of risk/reward analysis did he use to figure that breaking into your account was worth it? XD

Edited by Ascarith

Clearly he logged into your account and stole it. Of the scenarios available, it randomly happening through no one's actions, and also happening to go to a specific person you know, who also happens to have access to your device and was able to do it? Sounds like theft to me. He could have deleted his inbox message. Report it if you want, but an outcome could be your brother getting blocked for account theft.

Specifics, you'd have to get from support.

Edited by Unagi604
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unagi604 said:

Clearly he logged into your account and stole it. Of the scenarios available, it randomly happening through no one's actions, and also happening to go to a specific person you know, who also happens to have access to your device and was able to do it? Sounds like theft to me. He could have deleted his inbox message. Report it if you want, but an outcome could be your brother getting blocked for account theft.

Just now, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

Beat him up, you are his brother after all lol

I mean...i could torture the truth out of him...i don't want him to get banned from the game(mostly cause he has stuff i gave him).