Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)GaussPrime

Am I the only one who actually enjoys being OverPowered?

4 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Same :3 I've slaughtered millions of enemies over the last 5 years and it is STILL satisfying ^^

I agree. I try to make all my Warframes overpowered. I too have killed millions and have thousands of hours in. I still haven’t taken any breaks and still haven’t gotten bored l learned to make everything op because you never know when they are going to destroy something 

While being OP it's a nice feeling, you have to remember this game is coop mainly. Groups tend to not have fun/entertainment when just one person is doing all the killing.

I would love a %reduction while being grouped, like 25% per people present. This would make solo play the same and will negate the non-fun part of being grouped with someone who thinks pressing 4 once for instance is good for the other 3 people .

That being said I have op weapons, op rivens, and op warframe's and I don't find it fun. 

Right now I'm on a process of bringing all my weapons to the same usage percentage.

Really loving the Stug BTW...

5 minutes ago, Qmiras said:

While being OP it's a nice feeling, you have to remember this game is coop mainly. Groups tend to not have fun/entertainment when just one person is doing all the killing.

sad but true

Challenge is needed too, and not only after 90 mins Mot survival, but before. 

I don’t mind being overpowered, but it has to be satisfying. Currently there are a lot of abilities (especially older ones) that don’t really feel fun to use, despite their relative usefulness. Some sfx and vfx touch-ups could go a long way towards making frames feel like the warrior gods they are supposed to be.

Enemy reactions/deaths are also lacking imo. Element and physical damage procs should have more satisfying death animations and sounds. For example I’d love to see puncture procs bore huge holes into enemies upon a kill, while blast proc deaths should blow huge chunks off of the victims corpse.

well i can say even gods bleed , so just have fun pushing the narrative 🙂 i hope tho ..

I rather enjoy having OP builds, this game is PVE more then anything, and I like near mindlessly getting my natural aggression out. So It's perfect in my book in that aspect.

3 hours ago, Learicorn said:

What does being overpowered feel like? Nyx player here

Do you have her assimilate mod and a really strong weapon?, it can be fun to walk through a stage being nigh invulnerable to damage so long as you have energy.

8 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Exactly.

I do like the medium sized orb spiders...especially the ones that look like bloated ticks that get more pissed off the closer they get to dying.

i also loved the old Manics that locked you into a slash animation if you weren’t quick...huge mistake to nerf them.

These two units are like us...fast and vicious.

I want more of this.

49 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

What does being overpowered feel like? Nyx player here

Lol.  ASSIMILATE + Kulstar + Zarr.

But I feel you...did YOU get anything from her rework?

Nono, It's not just you.

12 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I got no issues with players being OP.....what I take issue with is when they go off on DE for "nothing to do with all the powah at my fingertips". If you get OP and then find there is no challenge, that is on you. No one told you to order the 200 nuggets at that fast food restaurant and then get heavier than you wanted....you chose that.

Plus, I can agree to this. I think this is (one of) the reason(s) that Immunity to Warframe abilities is becoming a new thing.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Also I hate nullifiers. >_> or arbitrations drones, immunity to abilities just removes the fun of having any in the first place..

Yes. YES. All of the YES. I just want to go Forced Unleashed with Mag and pretend she's some kind of Tenno Sith Lord, and Nullifiers can be a bit of a killjoy. (Although I'm perfectly fine with Corrupted ones. The orokin made Warframes, so it stands to reason they have a way of counteracting them, and more importantly, they're supposed to be the hard mode versions of these enemies.)

It’s nice to have both ends of the stick available.  Challenges keep you on your toes but sometimes it’s a nice power fantasy to just wade through enemies as the angel of death.

If only Nyx were like Scarlet Witch and Professor Xavier combined. But noooooooo

Ever since maining hildryn. I've been packed to the teeth with weapons and her cute little abs. It's broken and I love it.

I like being overpowered, but I also like having the choice of going into areas that are scaled up to make a challenge. That's why I liked the original fortuna, pre Nerf. 

21 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Just did a lith corpus exterminate yesterday and it was fun as hell, I used ignis and equinox (her 4) and just breezed through the level..

Which reminded me how much fun it is to be op. 

I'm curious though, since I'm reading a lot of other opinions about being op and how it ruins other people's enjoyment of the game. 

I'm the complete opposite. I enjoy low level killing and rather get annoyed when enemies don't die fast or get too buff. It's just how I enjoyed the game for 5 years with +4k Mission time..

On which side are you on? Do you enjoy mindless killing, or do you like it when enemies get a bit more buff, or do you want dark souls like gameplay?

Also I hate nullifiers. >_> or arbitrations drones, immunity to abilities just removes the fun of having any in the first place..

I love being over powered but, I tone it down for new players. It does suck when they get steamrolled as well as the mobs, so I try to make groups to go on insane murder rampages to avoid that. 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb MagPrime:

I love being over powered but, I tone it down for new players. It does suck when they get steamrolled as well as the mobs, so I try to make groups to go on insane murder rampages to avoid that. 

I can't use reactions 😞 says I used too many.. so I just write it.

Satisfied.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I can't use reactions 😞 says I used too many.. so I just write it.

Satisfied.

There's an innuendo in there, I'm just having a hard time pulling it out. 

vor 57 Minuten schrieb MagPrime:

There's an innuendo in there, I'm just having a hard time pulling it out. 

What innuendo o.o 

No you're not, but they keep booing me when I say "Screw challenge, I'm here to be a God of Unlimited Destruction." I wonder if the Dark Souls community would also boo me if I said "Screw being a god, I want swords stuck up my rectum."