Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Thumper Bounty Conflict

Mad5cout

Simply put, certain drops only come off of the higher level thumpers, making it necessary for anyone farming high-level thumpers to come into a high-level bounty and completely ruin someone else's game in the process.  We need a separate way to control the level of the mobs in the plains without selecting a high-level bounty to get access to higher level mobs.  So that Thumper farming and high-level bounty runs can coexist separately.

Suggestion:  Make a thumper bounty that people can queue like you do for ghouls or eidolons.  This would allow groups trying to farm these mobs to matchmake and control the level of thumper they need to fight.

• Like 1

You can solo a bounty, or go into recruiting for thumper farming. Also, I've never had anyone complain about me trying to deal with a thumper. More often than not in my experience, just marking it gets everyone on board with killing it.

Not saying that this is or isn't a problem. I don't do Cetus enough to really know.

On 2019-06-06 at 9:42 AM, Keylan118 said:

You can solo a bounty, or go into recruiting for thumper farming. Also, I've never had anyone complain about me trying to deal with a thumper. More often than not in my experience, just marking it gets everyone on board with killing it.

Not saying that this is or isn't a problem. I don't do Cetus enough to really know. 

This

be me, go into public matchmaking Bounty cause I need some Breath of Eidolon

Thumper spawns in middle of base capture objective, starts wrecking everyone's day cause most of squad is low MR and didn't come geared for a boss fight.

ppl move on to next objective stage and go search for grineer caches

I stay for the luls and eventually solo kill Thumper

mark loot waypoint, tell squad

bounty done, everyone archwings back to grab Thumper loot

everyone win GG

On 2019-06-06 at 7:42 PM, Keylan118 said:

You can solo a bounty, or go into recruiting for thumper farming. 

You can't solo it and get Thumper Domas. The enemies spawn too low of a level.

Domas appear occasionally with two players, almost always with three, and always with four. Thumper Bulls will get you there eventually, but the Domas are just better for the effort : reward ratio.

Personally, I go recruiting specifically for Doma hunting, then explain what we're doing in party chat (people who join DO get confused sometimes).  If it takes too long to get a third, do a public group & be honest about your intentions- as soon as you mention "we'll probably get 20-30k standing in gems in 15 minutes"* most people are on board.

*Yeah, I low-ball my estimates.

1 hour ago, (PS4)theMycon said:

You can't solo it and get Thumper Domas. The enemies spawn too low of a level.

Domas appear occasionally with two players, almost always with three, and always with four. Thumper Bulls will get you there eventually, but the Domas are just better for the effort : reward ratio.

Huh? Enemy levels are reliant on the bounty, not the number of players. You can get Domas to spawn while soloing the highest-difficulty bounty.

9 hours ago, Keylan118 said:

Huh? ... You can get Domas to spawn while soloing the highest-difficulty bounty.

I'll be the first to admit it's impossible for 5 people to get a relevant sample size experimentally, but...

Either it's different for PS4, or everyone I've grouped with has had astonishingly bad & similar luck. Top-level bounties (the ones that advertise enemy levels 50-60) done solo tend to spawn enemies 42-45 for me, and folk joining the groups have said they tried it solo and got the same results.

9 hours ago, (PS4)theMycon said:

I'll be the first to admit it's impossible for 5 people to get a relevant sample size experimentally, but...

Either it's different for PS4, or everyone I've grouped with has had astonishingly bad & similar luck. Top-level bounties (the ones that advertise enemy levels 50-60) done solo tend to spawn enemies 42-45 for me, and folk joining the groups have said they tried it solo and got the same results.

That might be a bug, or it actually is different for PS4 which would be stupid.