Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Thealteregoroman

If this is true...WE ARE GOING TO WAR...

I feel this is more of a move to keep people interested when Borderlands 3 drops.

Ain't this destiny 2 became free to play is very old news...

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

ALL TENNO WHEN RAILJACK LAUNCHES!

So in two or three years with how slow content comes out.

@TeaVice

They have like a year before then. Who the hell is going to support epic and this S#&$ service.

...Nah, that still won't make me go back to Destiny, especially when you will still have to buy the expansions. Had my fill of it thanks to my Humble Monthly subscription, this doesn't look like it will make me go back. Destiny's nowhere near as fun as Warframe to me.

2 minutes ago, kyori said:

Ain't this destiny 2 became free to play is very old news...

They're going full F2P, with all the content added during its first year free [including expansions] and it'll launch on Steam, so they're fully breaking off from Blizzard entirely.

3 minutes ago, TeaVice said:

I feel this is more of a move to keep people interested when Borderlands 3 drops.

awww sshhheeeiitttt I forgot about Borderlands 3 LOL....yikes.

They already made the base game available on PSN+ for a little while (so I "claimed it" then, despite owning the physical copy, and bought Osiris/Warmind foolishly)

If they keep the expansions costing money, there really is no game there to play, since they block use of items from the expansions you don't have (last I played) which locked me out of several of Xur's offerings that I couldn't even buy, let alone equip.

The only bonus to this, would be allowing playing without subscribing to PSN+ (my sub runs out in less than a week - only game I still care to play on that is Elderscrolls, just to finish the last of the 3 nations' questlines)

Still wouldn't get me to seriously play it again... maybe just for funsies once in a while.

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

...Nah, that still won't make me go back to Destiny, especially when you will still have to buy the expansions. Had my fill of it thanks to my Humble Monthly subscription, this doesn't look like it will make me go back. Destiny's nowhere near as fun as Warframe to me.

same, it was cute in the beggining buuuuttt....😖

Just now, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

They already made the base game available on PSN+ for a little while (so I "claimed it" then, despite owning the physical copy, and bought Osiris/Warmind foolishly)

If they keep the expansions costing money, there really is no game there to play, since they block use of items from the expansions you don't have (last I played) which locked me out of several of Xur's offerings that I couldn't even buy, let alone equip.

The only bonus to this, would be allowing playing without subscribing to PSN+ (my sub runs out in less than a week - only game I still care to play on that is Elderscrolls, just to finish the last of the 3 nations' questlines)

Still wouldn't get me to seriously play it again... maybe just for funsies once in a while.

Yeah, I have the base game on PC when it was dropped for free. I own the original, and the expansions, and Forsaken + annual pass as well -- but the game petered out in late February with the advent of Season of All Gambit All The Time, and I'm not interested in reupping for the moon and old enemies I already fought in Destiny 1.

Pretty sure my time with the Destiny franchise is done. 

7 minutes ago, TeaVice said:

If you think that, then you clearly weren't paying attention to what was happening between them and Blizzard.

Their model is going to resemble ESOs where you get a base set of content and have to purchase all of the other content. What this usually entails is either a monthly subscription fee (in ESO you get some premium currency every month along with this, at least, that eventually adds up to enough to buy the DLC) or outright purchasing it. This often leaves you paying much more for the game, overall, than you would have paid otherwise, just to access all of the gameplay content.

It's not my favorite model. It's also not one that usually appeals to people that hop from f2p to f2p because they eventually hit a paywall and are forced to either play the content they have access to, shell out money for more content, or quit.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

wait you play ESO? Where is that friend invite though?!?!?! lol

3 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

@TeaVice

They have like a year before then. Who the hell is going to support epic and this S#&$ service.

A year?

You mean 3 months?

While I would love to believe you on the last bit, there is almost an entire generation who has been using the Epic cluster f*** store, that fortnite generation is here to stay and companies will try their damnedest to get their shekels.

I don't see how this is war there are very few things the 2 have in common. 

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

Destiny is going free to play "base" game

Also see its going free with its year 1 expansion is that the one that removes the level cap of 20 and lets you go past 20?

I grabbed a free copy when they were giving it away on Battle.net. Always thought that was an experiment in going free-to-play, so I kind of expected this. After Bungie used NetEase money to buy themselves out of the Activision, I thought this would be on the cards to give the game a fresh new start.

Still play it every now and then; just unlocked all three Hunter subclasses yesterday in fact. Decently fun. I hope transferring my save to Steam won't be too complicated.

Anyway, Fissure at Narcissus is up, so I'm going to clear six Axi relics before I take my Hunter to Io.

So?

At best this is competition for Warframe. I should like to point out that the Second Dream showed up about a year after Destiny 1 did - Destiny 1, of course, being a similar experience for Warframe with a lot more narrative and lore. I highly doubt that is a coincidence. So if the two genuinely compete, Warframe becomes better as a consequence.

At worst, it'll be Anthem again. Something to hype up the Warframe Forums/Reddit with 'W a R FR MAe iS DAAAAEEEEEEEEEED" threads and get DE to step up their game for a bit before people calm down and forget about it.

As others have mentioned, it's only the base game, and a trendy new feature - cross-save - which tells me this is just a desperate move by Bungie since they've seen their shady business strategies are a no go. Similar to how EA published Apex Legends, a free game as well. One thing however,at least Apex legends is a completely new IP where they decided to test FTP, unlike the recycled gift that Bungie is trying to "give", and which still relies on preying on the consumer to get the full game by buying "expansions". The spirit seems the same, specially since they already made D2 a free game on PS Plus before. Absolutely nothing new to me tbh.

As for Warframe, and given that more and more games are becoming crossplay and crossave, and how DE has shown interest in making cross-save reality, I'll scratch "Sony-Microsoft-Nintendo" corporate greed out of my least of reasons preventing cross-stuff. They no longer have an excuse from keeping Warframe from doing it as well. Which means it's mostly a matter of actually doing it, now.

2 minutes ago, AnonMarc said:

I don't see how this is war there are very few things the 2 have in common. 

we both shoot aliens. They are talking "MODS"...and "RPG"...coming to Steam..."fully customizing your heroes" the list goes on. 

what we have in common is where we choose to spend our time...and money...

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

As others have mentioned, it's only the base game, and a trendy new feature - cross-save - which tells me this is just a desperate move by Bungie since they've seen their shady business strategies are a no go. Similar to how EA published Apex Legends, a free game as well. One thing however,at least Apex legends is a completely new IP where they decided to test FTP, unlike the recycled gift that Bungie is trying to "give", and which still relies on preying on the consumer to get the full game by buying "expansions". The spirit seems the same, specially since they already made D2 a free game on PS Plus before. Absolutely nothing new to me tbh.

you right, it totally was free on PS plus.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

we both shoot aliens. They are talking "MODS"...and "RPG"...coming to Steam..."fully customizing your heroes" the list goes on. 

what we have in common is where we choose to spend our time...and money...

Same could be said about many other games. Nothing special in my eyes to call it a war.