Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Thealteregoroman

If this is true...WE ARE GOING TO WAR...

24 minutes ago, TeaVice said:

A year?

You mean 3 months?

While I would love to believe you on the last bit, there is almost an entire generation who has been using the Epic cluster f*** store, that fortnite generation is here to stay and companies will try their damnedest to get their shekels.

Can't say I know what will happen with EPIC but I do know there is movements for large amount of players to not buy Boardlands 3 primarily for the exclusive BS. I have no interest in it so its 9 months away for me.

5 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Can't say I know what will happen with EPIC but I do know there is movements for large amount of players to not buy Boardlands 3 primarily for the exclusive BS. I have no interest in it so its 9 months away for me.

sometimes, I want to give in and redownload the store due to being scared off of it being spyware. (thankfully, its said to be untrue.) but im not sure if I want to support a company pulling games off of steam. I DREDD the day I hear epic buys warframe if they want to. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

ok! 👍

👍

3 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

sometimes, I want to give in and redownload the store due to being scared off of it being spyware. (thankfully, its said to be untrue.) but im not sure if I want to support a company pulling games off of steam. I DREDD the day I hear epic buys warframe if they want to. 

They wont because warframe isn't even really on steam. Steam only downloads the launcher and DE takes it from there.

My main issue is they give 0 ducks to the buyer and think the developer is the focus. Sorry what? Who is the one that has the money? They are the ones you should be concerned with.

No that is a very big typo.

It should be Free-to-Try. It is pretty much the exact same routine as GW2 or even WoW. They arent actually F2P games because you are extremely limited in what you can actually do.

Crap isnt chocolate even though it may look like it.

edit: Dest2 has more or less been free-to-try since a few months after it was released when it was given as a gift to anyone with battle.net. Nothing will change here except that they'll throw in the first expansion too. Whoopiedoo.

I got free Destiny 2 base game long ago. I played and it was not bad..later i even bought the Forsaken dlc that contained like 3 DLCs. I had quite some hours of fun. Not as near 4k i have in WF, but i dont hate the game.

Sure its worth to try...as distraction, fill up. Its not like i play only WF. 

But we all know we will be back to WF new content for years to come 🙂.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

If it's true that Destiny is going free to play "base" game WITH cross-platform saves...WE ARE GOING TO WAR TENNO...

I have played both, HOWEVER, Warframe is THE BEST FREE TO PLAY GAME EVER CREATED!

The level of customizations and things you can do...

Are you ready for the war?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf945534774776836

EDIT: it's CONFIRMED FREE TO PLAY...BUT YOU WILL BE BUYING SEASONS...NOT like warframe...you can play for free...

ALSO DESTINY WILL BE COMING TO STEAM....

WE AT WAR TENNO! Suit the F*ck UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forsaken expansion will be included in the free to play option , it contains the best raid ever made in Destiny and Destiny 2 .

Just saying 🤣

I can appreciate Bungie trying to win back their fans after breaking free of Activision's death grip.

I don't think either of these games need to fight each other for a playerbase. Both are perfectly capable of coexisting.

I'm just excited to see players numbers

9940123.jpg

awww sshhheeeiitttt I forgot about Borderlands 3 LOL....yikes.

*sees epic exclusive* 
Brain: welp ill put this memory to the shredder 

i dislike epic heavily 

I'm not worried, this was Bungie fault for not doing this in the 1st place, weak points

• The fact if you buy the CD and discover you HAVE TO BE ONLINE TO PLAY THE GAME
  • Fact, people spent 60 dollars when it 1st came out for the 1st destiny for yes it was nice mind blowing but when the 2nd time of its 2nd game was felt a rush and the storyline wasn't impressed with an issue microtransaction to pay these stuff
  • The fact they could have kept halo and make it great again but giving it to 343 company pretty much they disrespect their game but which why do I have a feeling that Bungie probably are planning to sell their destiny game soon to another company for chance maybe unless warframe's company (Digital Extreme) buy it 1st before some other companies swoop in for the kill.

Possible chance of the last one and the possible chance they are looking forward to trying to make more players into their games that they wanted so they probably in guessing in general of terms they wanted to do what warframe did but had no clue what to do.  Basically, the game pretty much is in the zone being screwed.  meh, it doesn't bother me because it wouldn't matter just like the game "Defiances" with their additional 2050 version for another rip-off and also had their employees fired (lay off the staff for claims).

https://www.pcgamer.com/trion-worlds-lays-off-staff-following-buyout/

So it happens to Anthem the game which players get unjustly bans, the game it been buggy, the game does not feel like free RPG that is pose to be MMORPG without being enslaved of waiting and so much crazy $##t that is going on, same with Bethesda which they made another trap for themselves with fallout 76 turns to be another "Pay To Win" game due of "repair kits payment" as they made ANOTHER GAME ON MOBILE (throw that game into the garbage).  So basically I don't know what is going in with these mighty developers or whoever forcing them in full of crap.  Basically, they just shot themselves in the foot and respected for Bungie hitting the "A Void Button" for they just dodge the bullet and same goes with warframe which thank you DE for finally removing the Mod Packs which the U.S.A is settled debate for of discussion "Loot Boxes" and "Pay To Win" game as just gambling as it is addiction which warframe would easily fall into the category of gambling even thou it has the age showing on the screen (noted:+18 up) the game has mod pack involved as gambling. (Noted: Bethesda is looking for another day to the court again)

Do not blame such thing for me give information about these but if it turns out to be like that way because it been the company fault to abuse authorities of their power in the 1st place.

19 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

Forsaken expansion will be included in the free to play option , it contains the best raid ever made in Destiny and Destiny 2 .

Just saying 🤣

I don't think that's the case - it includes Destiny 2, Curse of Osiris, and Warmind (but the article I read said that you'd have to buy Forsaken). 

Edit: however, other articles say it's simply not clear whether Forsaken will be included. 

21 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

I got free Destiny 2 base game long ago. I played and it was not bad..later i even bought the Forsaken dlc that contained like 3 DLCs. I had quite some hours of fun. Not as near 4k i have in WF, but i dont hate the game.

Sure its worth to try...as distraction, fill up. Its not like i play only WF. 

But we all know we will be back to WF new content for years to come 🙂.

took the words out of my mouth. when they made it free in nov. I played it and enjoyed it quite a bit. its not a game ill go back to but isn't as bad as I thought. but looking at my 2k hours of warframe. you know ill be heading back to being a space ninja soon! 

I've played both extensivey, but even if and when Destiny 2 goes f2p, even just the base game, it won't be worth going to war over, especially with the lack of stuff Destiny 2's base game has anyway. Trust me, there's nothing to worry about.

if this is true cant we all just get along and play games we enjoy? 

Honestly I hate the comparison between Destiny and Warframe. Their base gameplay loop is drastically different. While both have loot and gear, Destiny feels far more pedestrian with following the formulaic recipes so many other MMO's like WoW and Everquest have made a staple for the genre. Warframe breaks that trend by making every frame and weapon (barring the MK-1 variants) "technically" endgame viable. There's far more of a hook to be attacked to a frame or gun, and all the more hype when it's prime variant comes out. Destiny you just get a gear that has bigger numbers, throw away the old stuff, and move on, all in pursuit of the "meta" even if you favor a different style of play. And while Warframe has it's fair shares of meta trends, it doesn't feel as mandatory as other games who rely on endgame gear and content to drive players.

... so yeah, long live Warframe

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

It's only the base game and year one stuff, that means curse of osiris and the warmind which were terrible dlcs. And you still have to pay for all the other expansions and yeah not really seeing it

^ this guy gets it.

we both shoot aliens. They are talking "MODS"...and "RPG"...coming to Steam..."fully customizing your heroes" the list goes on. 

what we have in common is where we choose to spend our time...and money...

"aliens"? If you pay attention to the lore NONE of the factions in waframe are aliens. they all were  either once human or created by humans

I really like this because it will light the fire under DE's butt to improve the game in a more meaningful way (as opposed to cranking out new frames/weapons frantically for quick moneys). I really hope they see the value in shifting their priorities toward improving the "endgame" gameplay loop (i.e. replayability after unlocking "everything") in order to retain more veterans. Destiny going f2p may be a very good thing for WF. I want it to be, as I really want to keep playing WF.

54 minutes ago, seprent said:

if this is true cant we all just get along and play games we enjoy? 

What kind of hippie dippie, hand holding, Kumbaya singing crap is this?

Spoiler

SpryPeriodicGull-size_restricted.gif

I barely made it out of the tutorial on Destiny2 before closing the game from sheer boredom. I'm sure its fun later on, but it just didn't grab me. It doesn't have the movement that Warframe has and yet it didn't feel tactical either. I probably didn't give it enough of a chance, but it just felt silly that the only way I could shoot something was to stand out in the open and be shot at in return. If I can't zip around and evade enemies quickly (like in Warframe), then I should be able to use a cover-system like in Division 2.