Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If this is true...WE ARE GOING TO WAR...

Free "Base" Game, Does that mean the Original Game, or does it include the First few "DLCs" and if so, which? The Small Ones that came with the Pre Order, or the Larger ones like Forsaken? 

Doesn't really matter, I Uninstalled D2 a long time ago, it is a fun enough game, but I Dislike having to get new versions of the same weapons over and over again. Sure Warframe Mods can be a Pain to get the best ones, but at least you have the Mods forever afterwards, and then just apply them to your new gun.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Funnily enough, this is a pretty similar experience to what I had. I lasted a bit longer - about halfway-ish through the story I think? But I was utterly bored by how slow everything was.

I did pick it back up a little while ago, and it did get better after I got Warlock void powers (back) - I've now finished the story, and I'm on the fence about continuing. Teleportation isn't quite as precise, flexible or ironically as fast as Bullet Jumping but it's close enough. Using Attunement of Hunger gave me a pretty neat combat loop too - punch an enemy or, if that power was still on cooldown, give up my grenade, then start killing. Each kill restores health, recharges my grenade a bit and refreshes the duration of the effect - including kills by grenade, leading to a very satisfying and aggressive combat loop. I did realise pretty quick that was the extent of my powers though, including for most of the DLC should I choose to buy it and I couldn't do anything the least bit creative with that loadout. It supported one, very aggressive, playstyle. I don't really have any reason to believe other subclasses are any different. With my preferred frame, Limbo, I can use him aggressively (hit-and-run tactics with rift walk), for my personal defence (fighting in my bubble) or a mixture, laying down a bubble to protect a point then aggressively fight over a wider area using the bubble as a fallback and defensive structure for my objective. Add Operator, particularly with Magus Lockdown, my new preferred primary, Fulmin alongside melee combat and I can flexibly adjust my combat style on the fly, which I can't seem to do in Destiny. I can be an up-close, aggressive warrior, a mighty defender, or a strategic 'jungler' without compromising the defense, all with the same loadout.

Destiny does have better enemy design than Warframe IMO though. Enemies feel more meaningful, so I feel more powerful conquering them. They're also not just lying down and taking my powers - they do try and move out the way of my grenades for example. I feel like Warframe could learn from this, and try implement something similar, but fitting for its more horde-focused gameplay.

That's too bad. I kind of got that impression to just from watching videos and reading up on the vanilla classes and their abilities (I know they've expanded since I first played it though). It didn't really look like there was room for flexibility or diverse builds. I have also heard from others, like you've mentioned here also, that the enemy encounters are pretty top notch. The Raids and  dungeons are supposedly really good, which is indeed something Warframe lacks.

On that note, I did just watch the Bungie Video Documentary about the upcoming Shadowkeep Expansion and the many changes they are making. It sounds promising, and like they are trying to listen to their fanbase and fix the game based on the criticisms they've received. I wont get too excited until I can actually see these changes, but they were throwing phrases like "more customization to differentiate yourself" and "adding choices for experiential depth" so I'll be curious to see how that translates into the game. They also aim to make an easier and more convenient point of entry for new players. I certainly wish them the best now that they are out from under the clutches of Activision.

Edited by IntheCoconut

What a childish mentality, OP. There is no war between Warframe and Destiny.

9 hours ago, XzWasPzX said:

Expansion packs are really needed in Destiny 2, and they will remain  behind a paywall... Nope, there's no war. We ve already won indeed xD

I mean, when Destiny 2 literally made billions of dollars, can you really say that Warframe won? I mean, DE isn't raking in billions. And Destiny 2 still draws a whole lot of attention from the gaming industry. So, I'm not sure what metric you're using to say that Warframe has won, because based on what I've seen, it hasn't. Please tell me how Warframe has "won."

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

32 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

I mean in Warframe, we pay 7 dollars for 1 skin.

How bad can paying for a DLC with actual content be in Destiny?

Heard year 1 gears that you get become obsolete once year 2 hits so you grind again from scratch

Iirc the base game is going to be free as well as the forsaken dlc because of the core gameplay changes that adds, and its also coming to steam... uh oh.

Not to mention 35 dollars minimum for the new dlc including all the previous season passes is a friggin deal and a half, and if you already have them you basically get and iou for the next seasons up to 11(I think were on 8 now). now compare that to warframes free story quests that drop once in a blue moon, and, less comparably- *cough* prime access *cough*

Imo its a great way to pass the time through all the tennogen and filler patches while we wait for the new war.

9 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

i looked at steam store, it's still buy to play

Because Steam shows the new expansion to pre-purchase. When the expansion launches, it'll launch with the F2P game as well and you can download that.

For people playing on the Blizzard app, they can transfer everything to the Steam version then as well.

It's just the base game is free.
Expansions, Annual Pass, & etc will still all cost money.

If Bungie could develop at DE's speed I admit. Destiny could maybe turn itself around but Bungie develops at a snails pace, and contradicts itself the entire time.
Hence why they've lost me forever.

"Destiny is not & never will be an MMO."
As of 6/6/2019:
"It's time we embrace the MMO that Destiny has always been."

"We want Destiny to be accessible to all players & audiences."
*Designs the game to literally & deliberately punish Solo players, and small groups.*

Yeah...no thanks.
Too little too late impo.

I wish Destiny well, but Bungie needs to rethink how it communicates, handles its product, and develops.

@TheRealShade
Unfortunately Bungie has always been the issue with Destiny.
Activision (while normally scummy) did nothing but force Bungie to release content on time, and keep content coming.
Ever since Bungie dropped Activision the game has gone further downhill.
Multiple Bungie devs have left the company, content has been lackluster & miniscule, communication nigh non-existent, & the community isn't very happy atm.
The community is almost tearing itself apart.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

If it's true that Destiny is going free to play "base" game WITH cross-platform saves...WE ARE GOING TO WAR TENNO...

I have played both, HOWEVER, Warframe is THE BEST FREE TO PLAY GAME EVER CREATED!

The level of customizations and things you can do...

Are you ready for the war?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf945534774776836

EDIT: it's CONFIRMED FREE TO PLAY...BUT YOU WILL BE BUYING SEASONS...NOT like warframe...you can play for free...

ALSO DESTINY WILL BE COMING TO STEAM....

WE AT WAR TENNO! Suit the F*ck UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um...how will we be going to war exactly?

Do I need to bring a tent, energy drinks, sandwiches and wet wipes?

Unless you're talking about Tenno going over into the Destiny universe and fighting Javelines (and vice versa), it ain't a war...just a popularity contest.

...which only exists in the minds of those who even care about such things.

13 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Um...how will we be going to war exactly?

Do I need to bring a tent, energy drinks, sandwiches and wet wipes?

Unless you're talking about Tenno going over into the Destiny universe and fighting Javelines (and vice versa), it ain't a war...just a popularity contest.

...which only exists in the minds of those who even care about such things.

Javelins are anthem

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

If Bungie could develop at DE's speed I admit. Destiny could maybe turn itself around but Bungie develops at a snails pace, and contradicts itself the entire time.
Hence why they've lost me forever.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Activision (while normally scummy) did nothing but force Bungie to release content on time, and keep content coming.

There is actually a reason for this slow speed, albeit an extremely confusing one.

For whatever reason, the engine Bungie uses takes vast amounts of time to update changes in-house, in hours for even small changes at least last time I heard. I'm not sure if they've managed to fix that by now, but considering that this was a problem carried over to 2 from 1, that's questionable.

That in turns means Activisions was probably crunching the everloving hell out of Bungie to get stuff out on time. 

Was this engine a colossal mistake? Probably, yes. Does the fact they kept it between games boggle the mind? Does mine. Does it explain slow content releases? Also yes.

We are already at war.

Remember the game that was supposed to be the end of Warframe?

I'm referring to Anthem btw, since I doubt anyone actually remembers 😄  

There are plenty of free shooters out there, adding half of Destiny into the fold isn't going to change much.

Destiny is a very different play experience to Warframe.  Warframe has better movement systems a much wider range of weapons and classes (each Warframe being its own class) and a better melee combat system. Destiny has a better gun feel in it's shooting mechanic and a more cohesive central plot.

I've played both and I have no plans to go back to Destiny, ever.  I played the original Destiny and was disappointed that the 'endgame' was basically have enough people to do the raids with or do the same 4 missions on infinite loop.  Destiny 2 promised fixes and delivered exactly the same thing as the first one.  I played the main story through and then uninstalled it, there wasn't enough appeal there to get me to stick around for the expansions.

Warframe however has loads for me to do, open world bounties, sorties, rep missions, relic farming and most importantly I can do all of that through the public matchmaking engine or solo, it's my choice.

So yeah, free to play or not I have no plans to take another look at Destiny now or in the future.