Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If this is true...WE ARE GOING TO WAR...

vor 17 Stunden schrieb trst:

Does f2p mean actually free or is it the same bs with only the base (unfinished) game being free?

And if it still has lootboxes it isn't worth the time.

Only the to expansions Curse of Osiris and Warmind will be free to play. Forsaken will still cost money. I played the game as a PURE Destiny noob just before Forsaken was released. I must say it's a good game. The raids are a whole lot of fun and the farming rarely feels boring(I'm not saying it's flawless) due to way better balancing of enemies and bosses. Oh.. and their PVP is way more fun and balanced (again, it was never flawless or will be, there have been times where I didn't play it either because of gamebreaking weapons or bugs).

Edited by Karu-QW
  • Like 1

we...pfff...are o-on.pfpfpfpfp....war..........?bwahahahahahaha, just because jerkiny is going to become free or f2d (free2download), it doesn't men it's going to be a real f2p game, yeah, you can download it for free, but then, you have to spend money to get the real game's content....pfff  warframe making war with...that game, lol.

• Like 1

This will be good. They'll lose players to Destiny which will drive them to improve the game. Competition is almost always great for the playerbase.

19 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

F2P, really? Where'd that come from? I heard about cross-save, but wasn't aware there was an F2P rumor. 

It actually started a few months after bungie parted ways from activision and some people actually saw it coming (I did not since I did not care and never played destiny). Personally I'm happy for them if they find a good business model similar to warframe. It's always good when a game survives because players want to support it even when they don't need to pay.

4 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

It actually started a few months after bungie parted ways from activision and some people actually saw it coming (I did not since I did not care and never played destiny). Personally I'm happy for them if they find a good business model similar to warframe. It's always good when a game survives because players want to support it even when they don't need to pay.

Absolutely - it's never bad to have more good games to play!

I hadn't been following Destiny news really so I missed those speculations; I played the game but my interest was waning at the time. 

I think I'll be playing both. They each have something the other game is sorely missing.

Destiny has endgame content.

Warframe is more fun and open.

Juggling both should also help with my MR27 and nothing to aim for burnout.

Edited by Jarriaga

2 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Honestly I hope destiny takes some warframe players so the devs speed up a bit.

2 hours ago, MadFable said:

This will be good. They'll lose players to Destiny which will drive them to improve the game. Competition is almost always great for the playerbase.

This.

I've been enjoying Destiny for what it is. It's not as fun for me as Warframe - I really like the enemy encounters, and hijacking enemy vehicles is great (more so than using my own), but as I've mentioned, I don't like being railroaded into a particular playstyle.

I'd like Warframe to take some cues from Destiny in terms of trying to make enemies a tad more meaningful, probably by letting them do something about our abilities. Because our abilities are of the 'universally effective' variety, despite also being super powerful and wide-ranged, and thus lack weaknesses to make them situational. Situational powers breed creativity, and ever since Greek literature, creativity is a core pillar of power fantasy. That's something Destiny understands. Again - perhaps a bit too much (to the point of the aforementioned railroading) but hopefully DE will avoid that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I think I'll be playing both. They each have something the other game is sorely missing.

Destiny has endgame content.

Warframe is more fun and open.

Juggling both should also help with my MR27 and nothing to aim for burnout.

Destiny 2 wont have end-game unless you are willing to pay for it.

It is like sitting down and expecting to have end-game content in GW2 with just the free base game, it simply wont happen.

Lol sorry Bungie. Not giving you clowns anymore money.

They can rebrand and remonetize all they want. This new business model is tissue thin. Selling new expansions for full price? And lets face it, the word expansion has taken on a whole new meaning for this studio. Their idea of an expansion is a tiny new zone with 4 minutes of content.

Adopting Elder Scrolls Online monetization scheme is pretty dumb. Yay the base game is free....did they mention the base game is obsolete? Did they mention how much content from the free base game will have been removed or gated to encourage dlc sales?

If the base game is free, how much development time will shift to eververse? Eververse took up a significant portion of their post launch dev schedule even when the game had a box price.

Their business model going forward makes me really question if it was really Activision that ruined it in the first place. 

Don't support them. It will just set a precedent for other F2P titles to start charging for content updates and calling them "expansions".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

Their business model going forward makes me really question if it was really Activision that ruined it in the first place. 

That is what I'm questioning aswell. They arent exactly making any stellar gamer friendly decisions even though they broke free. They just try to lure players with the whole "it's "free"" thing. That to me isnt really fair because their model is not what I'd expect from or consider a Free-to-play game. F2P to me and probably many others are games like STO, NWO, WF, PoE and the now dead Marvel Heroes. Games where all content is indeed free and the things you buy are mostly vanity or pay-to-skip items.

You realize that they only go free to play because they are preparing for Destiny 3, right?

Hell, even Overwatch 2 is needlessly coming up. Warframe will likely remain as the "one game that won't get a sequel and our money won't go to waste there when everyone abandons it for the next one".

1 hour ago, Heatnix. said:

You realize that they only go free to play because they are preparing for Destiny 3, right?

Hell, even Overwatch 2 is needlessly coming up. Warframe will likely remain as the "one game that won't get a sequel and our money won't go to waste there when everyone abandons it for the next one".

Overwatch 2 is just a rumour, albeit one that I would not be surprised reflects reality.

As for Destiny 3, the possibility exists that the preparation may be to go properly free-to-play with 3, or rather, testing the waters, see how the community reacts with 2. Admittedly, that's a pretty optimistic viewpoint, but hey, I am an optimist.

Destiny is alright... BUT they are literally a city VS a planet when compared to warframe in terms of content... you will get like a few weeks or a couple months from destiny. some may prefer the slower paced combat... but at they end of the day they are two different worlds.... only reason i still occasionally play destiny these days is because I paid for it back when it first came out.
the only players warframe would potentially lose are those that cant keep up, or just didn't give it enough of a chance. (speaking from experience because I didnt like the matchmaking and lack of things to do when i first started playing, but that changed real quick as I knocked off missions and planets.)

52 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Do some research.

once you're done the main story line... its patrols, heroic missions or strike missions... and as far as i know you have to pay for access to anything that wasnt already available during the leveling process.(annual pass) and unless they release this season of opulence as free then it'll just be another charge. i guess you need to elaborate on this "research" because i havent played in a few weeks but thats what chased me away.... with a game i already paid full price for... their idea of "expansions" is laughable and definitely not worth the money they are holding their hands out for. i would be much more willing to give warframe and DE money if they came out with new content. which... they do.... and they dont hold their hands out unless you want it now instead of grinding for it... sooo... yeah...

Edited by KhaosReign420
  • Like 1