Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If this is true...WE ARE GOING TO WAR...

I see the word "competition" being used a lot here. Destiny 2 has close to 1 million daily PvE active players ( that's not counting with PvP ), while Warframe sits currently under 50k on Steam, maybe something like 120k across all platforms.

What exactly do people mean with competition? Is this even comparable in any way?

I've never played Destiny, but will sure give it a try, now that I can spend some time playing to see if its for me, instead of paying just to try it out. And then decide later if I want to invest on it. Surely the money I've spend on Prime Access packs would give me DLC's for years to come, considering the price point they are aiming for.

Sources:

https://destinytracker.com

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx

56 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

I see the word "competition" being used a lot here. Destiny 2 has close to 1 million daily PvE active players ( that's not counting with PvP ), while Warframe sits currently under 50k on Steam, maybe something like 120k across all platforms.

What exactly do people mean with competition? Is this even comparable in any way?

I've never played Destiny, but will sure give it a try, now that I can spend some time playing to see if its for me, instead of paying just to try it out. And then decide later if I want to invest on it. Surely the money I've spend on Prime Access packs would give me DLC's for years to come, considering the price point they are aiming for.

Sources:

https://destinytracker.com

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

Please learn the difference of the numbers you provide.

1. "close to 1 million daily PvE active players" is not the same as 100k concurrent players for WF on PC. Numbers for all platforms are likely somewhere between 150 to 175k concurrent users, 100k for PC and around 50-75k for console.

2. Splitting up players into PvE and PvP active players doesnt work, because you can do both. Just because it may say 500k PvE players and 250k PvP players it can mean a total of 500k players eitherway, since again a player can do both in a day. Shocking thoughts, I know. Only thing a company is doing when when showing split numbers like that is lie about unique users. "Oh we have one million PvE players and 500k PvPers in our game", without actually giving real concrete numbers on unique users. Better to be honest like most games "we have 100k concurrent users which adds up to around 2m unique daily logins" as BDO stated a month or so after their release.

3. You need to understand how concurrent numbers relate to daily numbers before jumping to conclusions. There is a very high chance that WF with its popularity and steady player increase sits at 2m players during a day. And that is for PC only. 

• Like 1

The base game has been F2P for a long time now. I mean, it's okay. But it doesn't have much staying power. They are also trying to charge for BOTH the DLC AND a season pass.

And that's when I just laugh and walk away. You can do one or the other. But Bungie doesn't produce enough content to charge for both. They just don't.

• Like 1

Now if only Titans weren't utterly worthless in raids, and every decent exotic wasn't nerfed into the ground at the start of every season...

Edited by Guest

...I LOVE when I make a GOD TIER post and I see the Warframe forum community benefiting from it by getting far more haha, satisfied, woah, applause, upvotes and likes than I get. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cfd4a944243516559

Someone told me the trick is to live on the forums and be the first one to respond with a shady comment to farm upvotes and likes. LOL...I guess I need to master this tactic. 🤣

4 hours ago, Pikadidi said:

Can I get a source? I searched and couldn't find anything about Bungie being "too stuborn even when provided tools" or claiming they were using a new engine. I'm willing to believe it, but I want a source to send to a friend.

I don't remember the name off hand, but they went into detail about the engine at I think it was called handmadecon.. maybe 2016-2017?

The D2 new engine stuff was exaggerated. It did not use a new engine, but it was reported they were making changes to the engines for D2 which is why Rise of Iron was used as a stop gap, but I'm pretty sure no one at Bungie ever came out and said it. It was usually just stuff like "annoymous sources at Bungie said this" type stuff, that got spread into other things.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

...I LOVE when I make a GOD TIER post and I see the Warframe forum community benefiting from it by getting far more haha, satisfied, woah, applause, upvotes and likes than I get. 

sooo... youre hanging a lip because youre not getting all the likes.... this isnt facebook bro... seems kinda childish

from what i have read here alot of people disagree with your idea that "this is war"''''''' so yeah... they arent going to like your post "in the middle" the people are going to like the comments that side with their opinion. most every one here is for or against one or the other... and almost everyone agrees it is NOT a war... so thats why i didnt add a like to your first post... just saying

Edited by KhaosReign420
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KhaosReign420 said:

sooo... youre hanging a lip because youre not getting all the likes.... this isnt facebook bro... seems kinda childish

from what i have read here alot of people disagree with your idea that "this is war"''''''' so yeah... they arent going to like your post "in the middle" the people are going to like the comments that side with their opinion. most every one here is for or against one or the other... and almost everyone agrees it is NOT a war... so thats why i didnt add a like to your first post... just saying

Its all good, I wasn't serious. I am genuinely happy for everyone. Guess its my fault that my sense of humor is not being translated well. SMH...🤷‍♂️

I also gave your post a like! 👍

Edited by (PS4)Thealteregoroman
Reason for edit? Positivity.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KhaosReign420 said:

im a newb man... not up to par with this internet sauciness... 🤷‍♂️

ppl like warframe more that what they saying but this person bring up some worry wart that warframe get overthrow by destiny 2 which I am not worry at all because I have my reason why.

I keep it simple and short of my view

Movement:

Destiny 2 = irony hovering, feel like you have fat massive lead iron weight on you

Warframe = a way that is true freedom for make you feel like bird and not f##! nails to the ground in your 2 feet to feel like slow #$$ turtle.

Guns and Melee:

Warframe = awesome guns, fun to play, never had to throw away a gun/melee, the guns/melees will stay with me in the arsenal

Destiny 2 = always looking for legendary gun/melee, end up getting higher level then $##t again the hell farming route-en for it f##! throw you back into the nutshell

Abilities:

Warframe = have many fun abilities that you can have fun and also you can switches frames anytime in the ship or either somewhere safe that let you switch frames

Destiny 2 = You can't switch class your stuck the class you chose and your just f##! screwed then you have to work your #$$ on that class and start new class is more pile of $##t working hard even more farming again to be back on the field so in other words how it look like destiny making you to do is this version I put in the spoiler.

Spoiler

tumblr_op03moy7it1w5yofxo2_500.gif TO FARMING *censorship*

Farming...:

Warframe = farming long as possible and you know what place is good to get materials and also you can work as team to farm faster that way and also having kavat with charm give you higher chance getting the rare materials you need while farming (I think).

Destiny 2 = Where the f##! am I pose to farm at where?

On Death:

Warframe = on death you don't have to wait, you don't have to start over fighting the boss for you can revived yourself depending how good that you are or what frame that help yourself up

Destiny 2 = refight the same boss with full health again and again and again and again and again and ag-

Pretty much this sums it up of my version.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

20 hours ago, Medowiemauler said:

Its going F2P because they can't sell it. 

It's going F2P because they'll earn more by giving base game for people to try it out and buy DLCs. It's that simple. 

21 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

--snip-

You can also take it another way around:

Movement:
-Warframe - you jump like monkey with rabbies
-Destiny - you are actually aiming your gun and need to take cover'n stuff

Guns and melee:
-Warframe - meh gunplay, very few weapons with special mechanics, okayish melee after latest changest
-Destiny - fast-paced gunplay and sure, you go for legendaries, that you can upgrade to your current level with some cheap, useless eq, no need to farm another godroll

Abilities and classes:
-Warframe - you pick class that rekts everything with one button press and expect fun out it
-Destiny -  you have class with many subclasses that you can switch mid-mission to suit your current needs whenever you need

Farming:
-Warframe - do I have to go there? We farm for stuff that has like 0.004% drop chance (looking at you Vermillion Storm).
-Destiny - idk here, farming is boring whether it's Warframe or Destiny. Difference is Destiny is yet to burn me out because of repeating same mission over and over again for one item.

On Death:
-Warframe - with Operators you are basically immortal when playing with teammates, where's fun in that?
-Destiny - you have to start again with different approach to an actual challenge

I'm not against Warframe. But don't pretend that Warframe doesn't have flaws, because it has many, MANY of these.

To sum up my post and that one is for everyone reading:
Play whatever you enjoy. Nothing is perfect for everyone in this world. The "war" is only there for the bitter fanboys of some title. If someone doesn't like what you do - don't care, move on, it doesn't concern you (unless it's murdering or stuff like that - then better report it to police).

5 minutes ago, Soldier1312 said:

-snip-

my view is true for movement is sluggish when I play destiny it still slow and yes I can aim for it look nice on paper but the view movement which one is going get shot 1st by other players?  Pretty much sum it up about destiny getting shot more likely that why I find players getting shot every time like ducks (just bloody hell I feel like I got flashback about halo 2-4 how much the players being group of ducks and chickens) while we can bounce around whatever direction like a jumping spider.  Warframe has their own unique its not comparable to borderland's guns how they do it which they have really bazaar cool guns that do lots of $##t mechanics but warframe is only good at around close their guns is about 3.6/10 are almost similar because they know that the guns in warframe it have to have their own unique to tell, in destiny is just all pure bullets and better guns then you have to keep on replacing the $##t.  The death is still kind of my fun thing when playing solo which its called practice when fighting enemies and it is something is better to count between that time, in destiny I find it annoying as hell when the boss gone back with full health and I mean f##! that quit the mission until you get better bigger guns or weapons then any then just go back killing the boss that how it works.  The farming its better then that $##t then destiny where the hell your pose to farm which kavat at least give you a boost of charm on it.

Noted not fan boy pretty much I don't see that the 1st posted saying stuff to worry about destiny being free to play which ON QUOTE "Its good for bungie to make their game free" which they could of started in the 1st place because the fact it has online game and not an OFFLINE GAME which means originally destiny the 1st game was meant to be free online game in the very 1st place.  Noted the other companies try destroy a good gaming company who attended not rip off players and also not do the loot box / Pay To Win for we can blame bethesda, EA, few other games that had attended to do those stuff will end up paying huge fine because of the fact just roll in not only by 1 country as this roll in by other countries that is starting agree more about "loot box is gambling and also pay to win".  I do support those games who chose to be free and not deal with pay to win box/ loot boxes for they had good reason why (which digital extreme have to take out their relic packet in the market".  At the mean time I am not angry with destiny for here and there I do enjoy it but they could of done much more for it has lots lacking content in the game.

If Warframe is going to war with anything it isn't Destiny it's PSO2 

Of course that's assuming Microsoft doesn't mismanage/exclusive (god help them if what they mean by Windows PC is Windows 10) it into the ground, also assuming the ~6 year(?) holdover from when it originally released in Japan and SEGA didn't say jack about its impending Western release (not even a confirmation that it wasn't happening until like 3 or so years in) hasn't ended it before it begins. 

At least I know the reason I started playing Warframe was because it was so similar to PSO (Not PSU) and I absolutely love that to this day. 

That is what I'd be worrying about if I was DE, not Destiny running damage control after failing to reach their footing/monitization goals. By all means keep an cautious eye on Destiny and all but I wouldn't expect that to be a realistic threat for a while. 

Edited by Oreades

personally this just made me wonder something: would Destiny have maybe been better, or at least forgiven for the mistakes it made, if it had been F2P from the start? imagine for a second that it's not a franchise, but there is just one single, free-to-play-Destiny, launched in 2013 and still around (there are still people on D1 to this Day). with it's Graphics and gameplay, I reckon if it had been free from the start, but with the Silver Premium Currency to keep it afloat, I reckon it would have blasted everyone else out of the water. it might have even affected Warframe's development, and then we might not be here, right now!

sadly we'll never know, but maybe Destiny would have taken off a lot more AND kept more players if it were F2P, even with all the balance changes, bullS#&$ RNG (of year one at least)  and expansion paywalls. but then in doing so that might have killed off Warframe before it was even born, and DE long with it, so in hindsight it's probably for the best that Bungievision got greedy from the get-go.

I have played both Destiny games extensively, and while they're OK, I won't be going back anytime soon. Warframe and Borderlands are the only shooters that get my attention now..

36 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

personally this just made me wonder something: would Destiny have maybe been better, or at least forgiven for the mistakes it made, if it had been F2P from the start? imagine for a second that it's not a franchise, but there is just one single, free-to-play-Destiny, launched in 2013 and still around (there are still people on D1 to this Day). with it's Graphics and gameplay, I reckon if it had been free from the start, but with the Silver Premium Currency to keep it afloat, I reckon it would have blasted everyone else out of the water. it might have even affected Warframe's development, and then we might not be here, right now!

sadly we'll never know, but maybe Destiny would have taken off a lot more AND kept more players if it were F2P, even with all the balance changes, bullS#&$ RNG (of year one at least)  and expansion paywalls. but then in doing so that might have killed off Warframe before it was even born, and DE long with it, so in hindsight it's probably for the best that Bungievision got greedy from the get-go.

I have played both Destiny games extensively, and while they're OK, I won't be going back anytime soon. Warframe and Borderlands are the only shooters that get my attention now..

Alternative alternative history, Destiny launches F2P from the get go and is still crushed by Warframe because Warframe had reached its stride by that point and Destiny launched in a bit of a dumpster fire for at least two or three expansions. 

While the same can be said for Warframe because Warframe had a rough launch as well BUT Warframe also had essentially zero competition in the genera when it first launched. Tho even then it almost collapsed and ended up needing the Founders program and essentially being bought out by, I forget the company that "invested" in a majority share of DE. Thankfully they opted to be a silent partner as far as we are aware. I think the only reason Warframe turned it around in the end was the lack of competition at launch. 

So my guess is unless Destiny had nailed more at launch then going F2P from the get go very well might have killed Destiny. They might have gotten an expansion or two in before whoever publishes them would have pulled the plug but without the initial influx of cash from everyone paying to play the game, I do not doubt plugs would have been pulled. I mean I was super salty when Destiny launched as a platform exclusive but after everything I heard I felt like I dodged a bullet. 

Even then they're really not going true free to play now with D2, Its just the base game and the one or two first year expansions that where pretty blegh. Still have to pony up for the later expansions, which in my book at least doesn't qualify as F2P because you're being blocked from play by a pay wall. Where as regular cash shop transactions (which I'm sure it will also have) don't hamper actual gameplay. 

Edited by Oreades

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎09 at 8:28 AM, Pikadidi said:

Can I get a source? I searched and couldn't find anything about Bungie being "too stuborn even when provided tools" or claiming they were using a new engine. I'm willing to believe it, but I want a source to send to a friend.

Just spent 2 days digging to find the old Bungie Dev video referenced in this thread:

However, Paul Tassi even noted that the Engine was barely changed in this ancient article:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/03/22/the-weirdest-part-of-destiny-2-is-that-bungie-recognized-its-current-problems-before-release/#36732be22085

Unfortunately, the video referred to on reddit no longer exists or should I say, all links I find don't work. (I believe that dev left Bungie so...might have dropped it due to legal issues?)
But that was basically the source. A Bungie dev lamenting how the engine backs them into a corner & that it's STILL a PITA to work with & still a development nightmare.

I dont' know why people think that games only compete with other games in the same genre/style. i play a large variety of games. they all compete with each other for me. fps to rpg to rts to building games. a new rts game isn't more likely to pull me away from the current rts game i'm playing than a new bethesda rpg. well actually, a new fallout/elder scrolls is almost a guarantee to pull me away from what i'm currently playing but that's an extreme. anyways, a new indie building sim is just as likely to grab my attention than a new game similar to warframe. i'd say its even more likely because when i play other games, i prefer them to be a different type instead of doing the same things with a different skin.

• Like 1

No, Destiny 2 is still essentially buy to play with a free demo. That is because they already sold as many copies of base game and year 1 DLC as they were ever going to sell. And now they have to sell new stuff, but nobody wants to buy the new stuff cause they have to buy the old stuff first. It is the same as if WoW was free but newest expansion required buy to play + subscription to play. It is as much Free to Play as EVE online, meaning that it absolutely is not. 

Warframe is a true free to play. 

On 2019-06-06 at 6:08 PM, trst said:

Does f2p mean actually free or is it the same bs with only the base (unfinished) game being free?

And if it still has lootboxes it isn't worth the time.

1st yes its rly only the base game and you have to buy the expansions 

2nd what lootboxes? The cosmetic ones you can earn? And if you mention that they drop "mods" imma just stop you there. The mods they drop are common, which are useless. You can get hundreds of commons by just existing in that game, epics are the only ones that matter