Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost - Prime details toggle doesn't work on most skins

egregiousRac

The 'Toggle Prime Details' option only works on the Emperor skin (and potentially Ion, I'm not buying it to test). It does not work on Grost, Hailstorm, or Vojnik. This issue results in significant clipping with all helmets besides the default Prime helmet. For both evidence of the bug and proof that there is a difference between the Frost and Frost Prime models, here are visual aids:

lqw.gif

Alternating comparison between Emperor and the other three pre-25.1 skins. Note the width of the neck from the front and the positions of the edges from the side.

lqx.jpglqy.jpg

Still shots of Emperor next to Grost. Click to view at twice the size of the GIF.

lqz.jpg

Overlay of the front shots from the prior stills. Red is Grost; Green is Emperor. There is a dramatic difference in neck shape.

lr0.gif

The new helmet in 25.1 has significant clipping. It is specifically designed to match the top of the neck for regular Frost.

Edited by egregiousRac
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Taking into account the only mesh difference in Frost vs Prime is the neck area being narrower, I can't believe it's not working. Surely other frames use a more complicated set up?

The likely answer is that many of the devs think the same thing as the player base, that there are no differences. The odd part is that all four of the skins I reference in the OP were already in the game when 19.11 dropped, adding the toggle. The first three were added in 18.13 while Emperor was added in 19.4. They made the most recent one work, but ignored the prior three.

The new skin yesterday (the first Frost tennogen skin in two and a half years) also supports the toggle according to FrostPrime, which adds to the mystery.