Jump to content
(NSW)death2juliet

Cross-save and cross-play!!!

Recommended Posts

sorry but I don't understand spoken English it would be nice if they put subtitles in other languages
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, krox194 said:

sorry but I don't understand spoken English it would be nice if they put subtitles in other languages
 

Rebecca: Cross-play questions, Cross-progression questions?

Steve: Cross play is not on the radar at the moment. Cross progression is on the radar at the moment and I think it's a question of what the scope of it is. It feels like some version of that is a certainty, but there's an Asterix hanging over that because we've only done a little bit of due diligence to figure out what that would be like for a game like warframe which is violently changing every year. We're trying to one-up ourselves, railjack is gonna be completely new aspect to warframe so these kind of things make it very awkward for us to do cross progression, but we want to.

Edited by Firetempest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for translating, seriously, it's interesting, hopefully in the future you can
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross platform saves has always been something I'm interested in since I bought the founders pack but couldn't play on pc when my computer stoped working so I picked it up on Xbox put hundreds of hours in on this platform but I want to go back to PC with out having to go back to basically the beginning. Hope they implement it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really understand the dependency on Sony, Nintendo, or MS for cross save.  Cross save has been around for years for other games.  If a player that logs in just gets their save data through the internet from the warframe servers.  I don't see why that would have anything to do with Sony or MS needing to give permission.   

From what Steve said, it is more about the way warframe updates different platforms and how that would be handled if you moved to a platform on a different build, and probably a question of whether DE wants to store and bear the responsibility of housing everyone's data on their own servers. I really hope they figure this out, because I would like to play my account on the Switch to take it with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because it makes console companies sad if you have the option to leave their platform

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transferring is unlikely as the console owners don't want it, but DE said they're trying to get cross-save so you can keep your progress between platforms on the same account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Transferring is unlikely as the console owners don't want it, but DE said they're trying to get cross-save so you can keep your progress between platforms on the same account.

I'm not sure exactly how you quantify there being a difference between "transferring" and "cross save". That is, ultimately, how it is going to work, you transfer your save from what ever you're playing on to a shared account that you have to download elsewhere. So. Say you play xbone, but you want to move your account details to switch. You'll have to upload, and then pull out your switch and download the updated file. Basically ps4 already does this sorta, I have more than one console because I travel a lot, you have to manually sync saves aon any non server side stored game, it can be an intense pain in the ass, you have no idea................... But better than unplugging my home console and carrying it around with me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I'm not sure exactly how you quantify there being a difference between "transferring" and "cross save". That is, ultimately, how it is going to work, you transfer your save from what ever you're playing on to a shared account that you have to download elsewhere. So. Say you play xbone, but you want to move your account details to switch. You'll have to upload, and then pull out your switch and download the updated file. Basically ps4 already does this sorta, I have more than one console because I travel a lot, you have to manually sync saves aon any non server side stored game, it can be an intense pain in the ass, you have no idea................... But better than unplugging my home console and carrying it around with me...

Transferring is a one-time thing where you move your stuff over to the other platform. Cross-save (as I understood it from previous DE talks) means that your account is updated consistently across all platforms without you needing to request for it every time you want to switch up the platform. The only major issues that stands in the way now is that consoles are behind in updates and to sync up the platforms so they all update at the same time would be a severe slow-down on PC updates.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheRealShade said:

Transferring is a one-time thing where you move your stuff over to the other platform. Cross-save (as I understood it from previous DE talks) means that your account is updated consistently across all platforms without you needing to request for it every time you want to switch up the platform. The only major issues that stands in the way now is that consoles are behind in updates and to sync up the platforms so they all update at the same time would be a severe slow-down on PC updates.

There are significant issues with what you're describing that have nothing to do with console releases being behind pc, and I really, honestly doubt that DE would be able to make it happen. But as I would prefer it to work that way, ill take your word for it. Either way, I can't stay up any later so have a good night...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the title says, my goal is to start a meaningful discussion in an effort to get the attention of Digital Extremes to show our want or lack of want on the idea of cross saves. 

Essentially having one account that you can play on any platform that you so choose. I bring this up on the heels of Destiny 2 doing this and being some what of a water down type of Warframe.

 

I am well aware of how updates work, on Xbox at least and how DE needs to have updates approved and go through the certification process. I am aware that PC is one update ahead of consoles all the time, but I don’t know how difficult it would be to do something like hold back an update in PC to bring consoles up to speed. Nor do I know how the PC community would take that (I play on PC and Xbox, personally I wouldn’t mind but that’s one person) I do admit that it would at a lot more fun to be able to just swap platforms when I feel like.

 

I know that some items on PC aren’t on Xbox. Destiny 2 as well has a weapon like this and when you try to use that PS4 exclusive weapon on other platforms a tag line in the weapon description says something along the lines of needing a different platform. Something I think can be used in Warframe as well. 

 

These are just one players opinions and ideas. What does the community think/want/wonder?  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DE has stated they want to do cross-save. But they have bigger things on their plate currently so it will be a while before it's a thing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)DeadlyPanda878 said:

I don’t know how difficult it would be to do something like hold back an update in PC to bring consoles up to speed.

You know what the issue with this one is? PC acts like the beta beta version. We get the updates first, find the bugs, get them fixed, then DE releases the mostly bug-free updates your way. If there's console and PC update parity, not only would you guys get much buggier builds (keep in mind, every big update is usually unplayable on day 1 on PC), but those fixes would have to go through the Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo certification processes, so it would also take longer to get those buggy builds fixed. Not to mention, considering that we usually get around 12 updates before they are stable enough to be pushed for console, it would cost DE a lot more money. So, it doesn't sound like a lucrative idea.

That said though, I don't think cross-saves require version party (which means you suggested cross-play, which does require that), and they're already working on them, so, look forward to that.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest issue with cross-saves would be the plat acquisition.

PC have discounts, Consoles dont.

PC plat sales goes directly to DE. On consoles, the publisher has to get a cut of the pie.

PC's Tennogen is Steam only. Consoles dont get as many, but they can buy them with plat.

Trading values on PC are different from Consoles, so people can play the market to get more $$$.

If X-saves is implemented, there would need to have a plenora of restrictions on Market and trades.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could be happy with even a very limited version of cross save.

Only Frames? Great!

Weapons and mods too? Awesome!

Star chart and resources? Lay it on me!

If it ever happens, relics and rivens will probably be excluded, like transferring an account from PC to console.

The likelihood is that the biggest stumbling block is Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. They could see cross save as a way to bleed users to PC. Things might balance out, though, because some pc players might start playing on console alongside their PC acount.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't like the freedom of PC to be tied up to consoles. If I wanted to play on consoles, I would have a console and just play there. There are reasons why people choose PC. Don't bring your console problems to PC. 

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowadays I don't even have to read the posts and I can answer with confidence.

And my answer is that they are looking into it. They want it. But It's not gonna be implemented soon since they have other things to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

I wouldn't like the freedom of PC to be tied up to consoles. If I wanted to play on consoles, I would have a console and just play there. There are reasons why people choose PC. Don't bring your console problems to PC. 

Cross save wouldn’t necessitate holding PC accounts back while consoles are in cert. One way to think of cross save is like a shared locker that 2 accounts can access. The only things in that locker would be items that both accounts have access to. PC would never be held back, only that shared locker would be limited to items and resources available on console.

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Auto correct
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (XB1)DeadlyPanda878 said:

Like the title says, my goal is to start a meaningful discussion in an effort to get the attention of Digital Extremes to show our want or lack of want on the idea of cross saves. 

Essentially having one account that you can play on any platform that you so choose. I bring this up on the heels of Destiny 2 doing this and being some what of a water down type of Warframe.

 

I am well aware of how updates work, on Xbox at least and how DE needs to have updates approved and go through the certification process. I am aware that PC is one update ahead of consoles all the time, but I don’t know how difficult it would be to do something like hold back an update in PC to bring consoles up to speed. Nor do I know how the PC community would take that (I play on PC and Xbox, personally I wouldn’t mind but that’s one person) I do admit that it would at a lot more fun to be able to just swap platforms when I feel like.

 

I know that some items on PC aren’t on Xbox. Destiny 2 as well has a weapon like this and when you try to use that PS4 exclusive weapon on other platforms a tag line in the weapon description says something along the lines of needing a different platform. Something I think can be used in Warframe as well. 

 

These are just one players opinions and ideas. What does the community think/want/wonder?  

Do you buy plat? Because I don't see any mention of plat in the points that you are aware about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be perfectly honest, Id be fine with just console based X-Save, that way I can play WF on my switch at work or anytime I dont have PS4 Access. Including PC would be nice as well, but I get the complications with certs and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...