(NSW)death2juliet

Cross-save and cross-play!!!

Start from scratch or wait until they figure out cross save

This just goes to show how much everyone wants cross-saves. Hopefully our friends at DE will eventually take up this immense task. Oh well. At least I can play warframe, regardless. 

Gotta fight Sony for that right, so they can go Cross-Save with all platforms at once. Also, not going to be looked into until after Railjack and Vacation.

Would totally go back to using my NSW if cross save happens. Now im just stuck on my PC.

Don't want cross platform play just save to allow me to switch between platforms. 

So recently there is an article about how crossplay feature on PS4 is no longer a beta. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/02/ps4-cross-play-exits-beta-now-a-full-feature-for-developers%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwillYuw_P3kAhUaWysKHfwvCBUQFjATegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw00o5y2IclaEzTcutWLtZUC&ampcf=1

Now i know that @[DE]Steve said something about crossplay is an unknown territory for them, they know nothing of the risks or benefits and so DE choose to stay away from it. But i think its also due to the beta state of crossplay on PS4 and XB1 back then. But now that its no longer a beta and becomes an available feature for all devs, will DE take a look at it again? Should we have a crossplay between PS4 and XB1? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

They want to, but from what I've gathered, its technically pretty challenging to do with Warframe, so it's kind of on the back burner for a bit.  Their current goal is cross save, and once they figure that out they'll probably start looking more into cross play.

Edited by (XB1)Mechanized Mind
  • Applause 1

44 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

So recently there is an article about how crossplay feature on PS4 is no longer a beta. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/02/ps4-cross-play-exits-beta-now-a-full-feature-for-developers%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwillYuw_P3kAhUaWysKHfwvCBUQFjATegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw00o5y2IclaEzTcutWLtZUC&ampcf=1

Now i know that @[DE]Steve said something about crossplay is an unknown territory for them, they know nothing of the risks or benefits and so DE choose to stay away from it. But i think its also due to the beta state of crossplay on PS4 and XB1 back then. But now that its no longer a beta and becomes an available feature for all devs, will DE take a look at it again? Should we have a crossplay between PS4 and XB1? 

I remember Steve saying cross saves would likely become a thing in the future. But that is all i can remember about the discussion.

I know when i tried to play Warframe on the switch i was super disappointed that absolutely nothing carried over. 

Seeing as how so many games are going crossplay it is going to be an expected feature in online gaming going forward.

Posted (edited)

It's like 2013 all over again:

cross-play available at launch, but if missing, can be added later: https://youtu.be/HWy-4PIjDXI?list=PLDmrv5FhAWj8Sl367cyN53oPmEdE33bFf&t=3604

cross-play is coming:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/125149-warframe-ps4-account-migrationcross-platform-play/?tab=comments#comment-1480935

"Currently cross platform play is a go but likely not for Day 1, expect this sometime during launch window. The two platforms will cross-play only when build versions are in sync (see below)."

I wouldn't hold your breath. It's now SIX years later. Sure, a lot has changed. Please, continue breathing normally until something is not only official announced (see above sources), but *actually released*.

-Killjoy realism

EDIT: PS: I would love my cynicism to be proven wrong. Really.

Edited by intrand
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

... which was told by a Dev that isn't going to happen...

... also, was told several times, to several other players with the same suggestion. Why aren't they doing it? Its not because the clients are different... The client is the same for all 3 portable platforms, being the only difference on the PC client due to PC players serving as bug hunters before stuff is released for portable platforms...

... No, the only limit is actually the companies that made those portable platforms... At least, that's the feeling I got from it all...

I kind of prefer it like this though, PC separate from portable platforms...

Edited by Uhkretor

They did state that cross-play most likely isn't a possibility but that cross-progression could be, though they have not brought it up since they addressed it.

Unfortunate, but understandable.

cross play would be unfair as pc would not be counted into this as all updates an fixes would be severely delayed as they have to go through console certs before it was released

next up each platform is coded with special skins that are for those platforms an would make it quite unfair as someone on pc sees a xbox only skin an complains they want it as they saw another player it with.
This above could possibly be fixed if an when DE does make cross save progression work an would allow platform skins useable on other platforms

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Not gonna happen, there are to many different patches and Pc is kinda beta-beta testing for console

unknown.png

- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

They are looking into cross-save but dont expect anything any time soon.

I thought i have clearly specified that the crossplay is between PS4 and XB1?  I remember that i didn't mention PC

PS4 and XB1 has similar updates with little difference over exclusive items like obsidian series and jade series, but this is exactly the uniqueness that should be kept if DE decided to do crossplay between the 2, an identifier between PS4 players and XB1 players. 

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz
  • Applause 1

Cross play between X1 and PS4? Sure. 

Between console and pc? Nope. Don't want any bad Plat issues... Teeheehee

Cross saves would be dope though. It might convince me to buy Switch. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

cross play would be unfair as pc would not be counted into this as all updates an fixes would be severely delayed as they have to go through console certs before it was released

next up each platform is coded with special skins that are for those platforms an would make it quite unfair as someone on pc sees a xbox only skin an complains they want it as they saw another player it with.
This above could possibly be fixed if an when DE does make cross save progression work an would allow platform skins useable on other platforms

I dont want to see PC player use obsidian skins from PS4, or PS4 player use jade skin from XB1. These exclusive skins should remain as what they are: Exclusives 

And i dont think that DE will ever plan crossplay between console and PC, what im interested in, is only the crossplay between console to console, PS4 and XB1 are the most suitable candidate. 

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

I dont want to see PC player use obsidian skins from PS4, or PS4 player use jade skin from XB1. These exclusive skins should remain as what they are: Exclusives 

And i dont think that DE will ever plan crossplay between console and PC, what im interested in, is only the crossplay between console to console, PS4 and XB1 are the most suitable candidate. 

yes i an having crossplay between 2 of the 4 platforms is also unfair an would make players demand that cross play be for all platforms

Posted (edited)

Cross saves will never happen. Why ? Well its obvious .. the moment cross save is live no one will be left on console servers.

Edited by Swagernator22663
  • Applause 1