Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus slot should allow any and all warframe augments

(PSN)SlyFox5679

I noticed a couple augments can be placed into the exilus slot but no other warframe augments and was wondering why DE hasn't just made this an option for ALL warframe augments to be placed into the exilus slot ?

this slot should really have access to any warframe augment mod.

it's not as if allowing all warframe augments to be place in the exilus slot would destroy frame builds or anything it would just be another good option.

i'd say most of my frame builds use either power drift or cunning drift since extra power or range is a big help but having another option for just using an augment mod would open up new build ideas for players.

• Like 8

the reason some augments are allowed in exilus slots is because they are primarily to do with mobility, which is the purpose of the exilus slot. Would I like an extra slot for augments? yes. Do I think making the exilus slot the augment slot is a good idea? no.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

I noticed a couple augments can be placed into the exilus slot but no other warframe augments and was wondering why DE hasn't just made this an option for ALL warframe augments to be placed into the exilus slot ?

DE clarified this in a stream:

Unlike the other Exilus mods that only add small stats to the frame, and sometimes don't affect the abilities at all, nearly all Augments change how the base Ability functions.

Any mod that changes, adds or band-aids an actual function of the ability, such as changing how the damage works, changing its range, etc. All of that counts as a full mod, and takes up a full mod slot.

Even the ones that help out rubbish abilities, like Mesa's Ballistic Barrage, the Augment adds status to the shot as well as damage, and that would be powerful if the base ability wasn't so bad. That counts, even if you wouldn't normally put it in a build.

The Augments that do not do any of that, the ones that only add base movement to a Warframe or change how an ability itself moves (Octavia's conductor actually stops the roller moving and places it like a regular deployable) go in the Exilus.

You can see the trend; Valkyr's Hysterical Assault, causes her to move to a new enemy when targeted, but doesn't affect any other stat of the ability or add anything else to Hysteria itself. Nova's Escape Velocity adds movement speed to Nova after using Warp, it does not affect the stats of the ability or add anything to it. Mesa's Waltz allows her to move while in Peacemaker, but again doesn't change any of the stats or add any other function. And Conductor simply places the Resonator roller at a location of her choosing instead of letting it free-roam, adding nothing else to the ability.

Meanwhile, augments that do add movement but don't go in the Exilus are ones like Assimilate, where Nyx can walk slowly while in Absorb, but it also changes the base stats, like adjusting the size of the Absorb bubble while preventing Allies from increasing the damage manually, and then allows extra functions, such as using her weapons while it's active. It changes the ability itself, therefore it costs a full mod slot.

Do you see the difference?

Now, if you were to concentrate on fixing all the Abilities first, making each Augment worth using as it is, then sure, you might have an argument to allow more of them, or all of them, into the Exilus. Or if you changed all the Augments so that they didn't actually change what the base ability does, but gave you better movement options while using them? Again, sure, that would allow them all to go in the Exilus.

But until Augments themselves, or specifically the Abilities they affect, are all useful picks in a mission... I don't think the ruling on what goes in the Exilus and what doesn't is going to change.

Hey. I get aviator in this slot. Pls deal augment slot.

Or let the developers return to the schematic system that existed at the release itself. I mean branching with bonuses and slots for mods, instead of just mod slots.

Edited by zhellon

11 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

DE clarified this in a stream:

Unlike the other Exilus mods that only add small stats to the frame, and sometimes don't affect the abilities at all, nearly all Augments change how the base Ability functions.

Any mod that changes, adds or band-aids an actual function of the ability, such as changing how the damage works, changing its range, etc. All of that counts as a full mod, and takes up a full mod slot.

Even the ones that help out rubbish abilities, like Mesa's Ballistic Barrage, the Augment adds status to the shot as well as damage, and that would be powerful if the base ability wasn't so bad. That counts, even if you wouldn't normally put it in a build.

The Augments that do not do any of that, the ones that only add base movement to a Warframe or change how an ability itself moves (Octavia's conductor actually stops the roller moving and places it like a regular deployable) go in the Exilus.

You can see the trend; Valkyr's Hysterical Assault, causes her to move to a new enemy when targeted, but doesn't affect any other stat of the ability or add anything else to Hysteria itself. Nova's Escape Velocity adds movement speed to Nova after using Warp, it does not affect the stats of the ability or add anything to it. Mesa's Waltz allows her to move while in Peacemaker, but again doesn't change any of the stats or add any other function. And Conductor simply places the Resonator roller at a location of her choosing instead of letting it free-roam, adding nothing else to the ability.

Meanwhile, augments that do add movement but don't go in the Exilus are ones like Assimilate, where Nyx can walk slowly while in Absorb, but it also changes the base stats, like adjusting the size of the Absorb bubble while preventing Allies from increasing the damage manually, and then allows extra functions, such as using her weapons while it's active. It changes the ability itself, therefore it costs a full mod slot.

Do you see the difference?

Now, if you were to concentrate on fixing all the Abilities first, making each Augment worth using as it is, then sure, you might have an argument to allow more of them, or all of them, into the Exilus. Or if you changed all the Augments so that they didn't actually change what the base ability does, but gave you better movement options while using them? Again, sure, that would allow them all to go in the Exilus.

But until Augments themselves, or specifically the Abilities they affect, are all useful picks in a mission... I don't think the ruling on what goes in the Exilus and what doesn't is going to change.

Ok i get what your saying, i must've missed the stream that they talked about this.

• Like 1

I'd rather they just fix the frames that require augments to function intelligently and then leave it such that using augments is an opportunity cost that benefits a certain style of play, mission type, etc. The only reason we need an actual augment slot is because certain augments are a necessity for a frame to function as it should.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

Ok i get what your saying, i must've missed the stream that they talked about this.

Thanks, that was a far more reasonable response than I was expecting ^^

3 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Fully support this. DE said "oh it would be too op for some" which is kind of dumb when Mesas Waltz exists where the ability becomes even more op, not to mention that the majority of augments are just QoL stuff or features the ability should've shipped with in the first place. 

Heh, Mesa's Waltz wasn't even the desired choice for her PvE augment, all the people that saw 'Oh, I can make her walk?' just demanded it thinking it was powerful. (Spoiler alert, it's not.)

We know exactly why some augments can go in the Exilus and the rest can't, they told us, it has nothing to do with power and everything to do with mechanics. If it was to do with power, then Ballistic Bullseye would be in the Exilus, or Pool of Life...