Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Sorry For My Reaction To Update 10, De

Bebeness

I  was sort of one of the first people to jump on the bandwagon of "what is this s***? Keys? Keys that cost 3000 circuits to make? Are they *mad*? Where's my stamina?" but I was wrong. I was open-minded for all the prior updates, but something about Update 10 rubbed me the wrong way -- so much so that I complained on the forums. I try not to be that guy. Er, girl. Sometimes I end up being that girl.

REVISED IMPRESSIONS OF UPDATE 10.

Hey, that wasn't so bad at all.

Making keys for the OD isn't so hard, finding Golem nav pieces wasn't hard once you got into said Derelict, and within 2-3 days of the update I was making Nekros. I literally thought it would never happen -- because of the original cost of all the keys. BUT HEY, DE was super nice and lowered the costs. I don't know why they came out so pricey (to punish the people who want new content instantly?), but the important thing to me is that they were nice. DE, so far in my gaming history, is the nicest and gives the most than any other developer. Seriously. They pump content out like mad, and I'm grateful.

Thanks for making stamina less bad, that was sweet of you too. It's like you want to be nice to us or something.

Thanks for making Nekros' parts so easy to find. I jumped to the conclusion that he would drop blueprints just like any other of the bosses (it's the information I had to go on!), but getting a blueprint every run was nice. It only took 4 runs. If only making the other Warframes was so easy.

The Derelict is beautiful and honestly really fun. Worth paying credits and a few resources for, no doubt. But only finding Mutagen samples there? Still kind of harsh. I'm in a Moon Clan and we'll probably never be able to research the sentinel and the last weapon... but then again, we eventually will. So it's not that bad. (2 Formas, though? Whyyy?)

Nekros is fun. Still not sure how to get Mag Prime Systems but... I'm really pumped to play her now that you've buffed her.

Overall, I hope all those people who said that they were going to quit the game forever because of the last update changed their mind and stuck around. Seriously. It seemed like a daunting big change of uber-grindage when I first read the patch notes too, but what the hell were we all complaining about? Not even a week after the update I'm seeing tons of Nekroses running around like it's going out of style. Clearly the grinding wasn't that impossible.

I  was sort of one of the first people to jump on the bandwagon of "what is this s***? Keys? Keys that cost 3000 circuits to make? Are they *mad*? Where's my stamina?" but I was wrong. I was open-minded for all the prior updates, but something about Update 10 rubbed me the wrong way -- so much so that I complained on the forums. I try not to be that guy. Er, girl. Sometimes I end up being that girl.

Keep doing such a beautiful job. Without you, the world wouldn't be alone.

Yeah, I've seen many reaction posts the moment U10 is released. They have not actually tried to farm for Nekros and yet they are whining that it is grind for a grind for a RNG (myself included, sadly).

Well, 1st impressions always set the tone huh.

Anyway, Mag Prime systems drop in T3 survival. Got mine at 5mins. 

Edit: Actually I hoped those who only read the patch notes to judge U10 and said they want to quit, really quit.

From Livestream #14, Rebecca: "Players think 6 Hours is too long to access new content."

That shook me off. I realised it is we, the players who are too unreasonable at times. 

Edited by wkfire

I must admit I raged a bit when it first came out - especially when trying to level a new frame with no stamina mods. LOVED the OD tiles though, and actually managed to get teams together for J-2000 runs so got the Nekros in 4 runs. Ok, I had to farm voids and stuff for 2 days to get the credits :P but I'm now building him.

The speed of the hotfixes was excellent though. On U9 we had to wait till Monday morning to get nightmare taken off of Mercury (I was a week-old Tenno when that bombshell hit), with U10 it was within a day.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the nav coords were to get too, meant I could carry on leveling my Volt and still find keys.

Overall a good update, with just the stamina issue that caused issues and that was soon fixed :)

Good job DE

indeed, lot of people thought that nekros was gonna take forever to get, but for me, it was the fastet warframe i ever got. i did like 5 runs to get him,

i started playing saturday, got all parts by monday. i didn´t even play a lot, just started creating keys, played another game, and then fighted golem.

It is decent since the hot fixes. I agree, since the drop in prices, the keys aren't totally horrible. I don't like the key idea, for voids or orokin derelicts, but since that's the route they decided to go I'll live with it. I do have to say though, since finishing the farm for Nekros, the ONLY reason I'll ever play orokin derelicts is to farm for mutagen, and once the new clan tech is built, well, I won't be playing them again.

Over all, I like update 10, but I would have totally walked away if they had left stamina the way it was right after release.

Apology is good, and I think alot of is expected the worst from u10.

But in all honesty, they did so many misstakes, and admitted to it on the stream.

So thogh a bit harsg maby, the reactions were responces to the lack of and missinformation.

As long as there is any doubt that DE reads the feedback, this will continue to happen.

Maby next time they can be clear,

Look we have this big change, and it might brake the game.

You are our testers, so tell us if it works.

Better then wait for a storm to build up.

I don't like the key idea, for voids or orokin derelicts, but since that's the route they decided to go I'll live with it. 

I kind of have to agree with this, mainly because having keys but being an unreliable host is terrible. The most frustrated I ever get with this game is when I'm trying to host a void or OD mission and no one can join me because "session is full" or "unavailable" or I'm "unable to invite specified user" in the first place. If I want to use my keys, I have to go through the frustration of finding people, finding people that I can invite, relogging to trying to fix problems, restarting the whole game to try to fix problems -- it's really the most frustrating thing for me. And then people complain that I'm laggy as a host -- but there's not much I can do about that. I don't like feeling guilty for taking strangers on a free void run that took me too long to put together in the first place? It's a bummer. So most of the time I try to hop into other parties because me hosting is always a nightmare, but I don't like that cause I feel userous.

And I have some friends that can only join me, or I can only join them, so we can literally never share keys. I dunno. I still have complaints about the matchmaking system, haha, but in relation to Update 10 I have way less complaints.

Oh, visit the datamining topics... let's see what you think after that. BTW I've seen about 3 topics about the scandalously low drop rates (for Boar Prime reciever for example (0.67%)) disappear in a span of 1 minute on general. Take a break from sucking DE's @#&$ for a while and take a look.. it's fun.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Overall, I hope all those people who said that they were going to quit the game forever because of the last update changed their mind and stuck around. Seriously. It seemed like a daunting big change of uber-grindage when I first read the patch notes too, but what the hell were we all complaining about? Not even a week after the update I'm seeing tons of Nekroses running around like it's going out of style. Clearly the grinding wasn't that impossible.

I appreciate that you are rectifying your review of the patch after giving it some thought.

I feel like I belong to the demographic you are describing in the part, that I quoted, which is why I am actually responding instead of just giving a +1 or something along those lines. I will preface this by saying that I've played a LOT before they released U10. I've clocked in 400+ hours of gameplay and 700+ hours on Steam. I've reached r11, I have pretty much every item worth having.

And yet, I decided to quit the game for now - not exclusively due to the changes in U10. The game really did get stale after all those hours, the gameplay isn't exciting, the bugs and issues with it are more apparent. I really hoped for U10 to bring new, interesting mechanics, art and whatnot. Instead, they decided to gate the interesting additions behind a grind wall. It doesn't matter how small this grind wall is, it is there. It is actively detracting from the experience I was having with the game. It forces me to play the missions I am sick of, it forces me to play the content that I've gone through ohh-so often. It just doesn't gel with me at all.

It is truly great that you people seem to be enjoying the game in its current state. I, however, am not. I'm not saying that I'll never play the game again. I'll probably even follow the forums for a while. IF the game happens to go into a direction I am comfortable with, I will end up being a (paying, probably) customer again. Until then I don't see a reason to spend my time on actively playing the game. Hell, I didn't play the game for the last week of U9.

Edited by 101blubb