Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems with new auto-switch to melee weapon

Kefirno

1. The biggest problem is that it unequips gear like scanner, mining tools etc, it swaps back to my gun when I press LMB/RMB after melee. Before rework I could just kill any enemies bothering me in melee and proceed to mining, fishing or whatever, but now I have to manually re-equip my tools every single time.

2. It hides ammo counter for my currently selected gun which is a bit annoying. I'd like to check if I need to reload my gun or if I have ammo while fighting with melee.

3. Valkyr's hysteria automatically swaps weapon to primary even if I had pistol selected before activating it. Maybe there are some other instances of auto-swap to primary, can only confirm this one.

Edited by Kefirno
  • Like 1

I don't care if the game developers can't fix what they made or the one who made this idea was terrible, didn't they even bother to test it for real ? what the hell, they did even considering slowfal is not much necessary ? This is seriously frustrating when playing and dozen of players had talk about this and they can't work fast enough. A simple solution... Auto block ON / OFF

9 hours ago, (XB1)DakVoidcloaker said:

I ask this about almost every release.  Seems like so much would be caught by a simple automated test suite, or a even few hours of a QA Engineer's time.

I’m pretty sure that even DE has more than one QA person spend more than one afternoon looking for bugs.

DE does have a QA testing in house, the problem is it's dramatically understaffed because the current model so far has been to do the proper QA in the live releases. Do mind considering the amount of interactions warframe has a proper QA would be the size of DE themselves basically xD

On 2019-06-08 at 3:07 PM, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

I’m pretty sure that even DE has more than one QA person spend more than one afternoon looking for bugs.

One would assume it to be so, but on what are you basing your statement?

On 2019-06-08 at 3:18 PM, Autongnosis said:

DE does have a QA testing in house, the problem is it's dramatically understaffed because the current model so far has been to do the proper QA in the live releases. Do mind considering the amount of interactions warframe has a proper QA would be the size of DE themselves basically xD

More QA staff seems appropriate, and probably more Support staff.  Those are supposed to be the biggest departments by number at a software company, unless surpassed by developers.  It currently feels like just a few developers and way too many marketing, sales and useless executives.

Edited by (XB1)DakVoidcloaker

1 hour ago, (XB1)DakVoidcloaker said:

One would assume it to be so, but on what are you basing your statement?

More QA staff seems appropriate, and probably more Support staff.  Those are supposed to be the biggest departments by number at a software company, unless surpassed by developers.  It currently feels like just a few developers and way too many marketing, sales and useless executives.

Does anyone have actual data on how many QA folk at DE? I really need to solve the mystery of is it greater or less than 2!!