Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: INTERMISSION!

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

EIDOLON EPHEMERA (not exclusive to this rewards table)

Please remove it from Nightwave rewards list. It does NOT belong there. 

It was supposed to be something for Eidolon hunters, not a reward for petting Kavats. 

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing endgame players who have already mowed through everything there is to do in the game complaining with every new update, despite the fact that DE is working on about five different big events for the game like the real Season 2 of Nightwave, The New War, and Tennocon. With all due respect to these legacy players, If the team wants to really push the game further and improve the new player experience they need to keep focusing on things like this instead of shoehorning in a new pair of weapons or an set of cosmetics with every small update like they are hounding for. While I also would love new content, I understand that they have a lot on their plate right now and can't just churn things out without sacrificing quality. 

I mean, what I really want is for DE to go back and buff/rework neglected weapons, Warframes, and game modes (Lunaro, Conclave, pretty much everything Teshin has a hand in actually) but this is definitely a step in the right direction at least. It's better then another month or two of complete silence and boredom in game.

7 hours ago, Zaric said:

As someone else with an account that's 6 years old, I'd like to say this is pretty much everything I asked for regarding Nightwave Downtime. Hindsight being 20/20 this system should have been in place the moment that Season 1 ended. Always assume your timetable is going to be delayed, always have a contingency plan. Good work, I look forward to having this in game.

That show that they we're not prepared. For me it shows that they really had nothing. If the alert system had be present instead of being removed they could, it would have help better manage the in between nightwave. 

vor 29 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Cosmic-TM:

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing endgame players who have already mowed through everything there is to do in the game complaining with every new update, despite the fact that DE is working on about five different big events for the game like the real Season 2 of Nightwave, The New War, and Tennocon. With all due respect to these legacy players, If the team wants to really push the game further and improve the new player experience they need to keep focusing on things like this instead of shoehorning in a new pair of weapons or an set of cosmetics with every small update like they are hounding for. While I also would love new content, I understand that they have a lot on their plate right now and can't just churn things out without sacrificing quality. 

I mean, what I really want is for DE to go back and buff/rework neglected weapons, Warframes, and game modes (Lunaro, Conclave, pretty much everything Teshin has a hand in actually) but this is definitely a step in the right direction at least. It's better then another month or two of complete silence and boredom in game.

And I want them to focus on bringing back a reason to stay in a survival/defense/interception for more than 20 minutes or even better, not play capture isntead. I'd also love them to actually work on raids and bring them back. Remember kingpin, remember alliance conflicts? I'd love to get back to weekly updates with new weapons and baro releasing 2-3 new primed mods every time he visits, so people complained about not having enough endo and credits to max them.

But instead we get more and more of these "challenges" that everyone can do w/o even trying. Maybe it's just me being an elitist, toxic endgame player, but if I don't even have to try to get something I just don't see it as a reward. Participation trophees don't motivate me to reach my limits and get rewarded for it. Nightwave's "weekly"challenges will be done in the first 2 hours of play on Monday's and then it's going back to the normal cycle of log in, (do sorties), log out.

I for one believe it's time to stop focusing on the new player's experience, which lasts at least for a thousand hours by now and give us a reason to keep playing after reaching that treshhold.

PS: Nightwave and Alerts can coexist and removing the latter was a mistake, just like removing alliance conflicts, endless modes with one relic, and raids.

yo. new player here (250h). thanks for the interim events. new changes are cool, and me for one am having a great experience with the game so far. just thought I would log on and give you feedback bc personally, am having a blast, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one. lots of people seem to have forgotten that this game is supposed to be bringing them fun, which is the real purpose and endgame. with new interesting frames, weps and taking feedback on board, this is exactly that. thanks 

(except fashion. fashion is always endgame.)

2 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

Posts like yours needs to STOP. You cannot keep using the idiotic "if you don't work there, you can't talk" excuse to permit mistakes and problems. No one here needs to work at DE to realize they've been screwing up a lot, we don't need to work there to know they removed alerts completely and then ended Nightwave's first season with no way of getting the important items outside of praying to some extremely good RNG, you don't need to work there to see they do delay after delay only for the actual release to STILL be broken and buggy.

Enough with this drone mentality that these companies need to be defended when they screw up.

Having realistic expectations and calling people out for being unreasonable isn't a "drone mentality".

Delays and setbacks happen. I'm sure DE really wanted to get this stuff into our hands as soon as possible. But they more than likely underestimated their workload. I'm perfectly fine with waiting though and at least this Intermission season is better than nothing.

You, on the other hand, would much rather they cobble stuff together and push it out ASAP with the intention of fixing it later. Because that worked soooooooooooo well for Anthem and Fallout 76, didn't it? /smfh

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Gamma Color Picker

puts away plat and backs away from the Market

Awesome! 👍

Also, I'd much rather you guys take your time on this stuff rather than to crunch for time to push everything out and ruin the moral of the people working on this stuff. I can wait.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

I missed out on submitting my feedback regarding the first Nightwave. Instead I'll just add my centavos here.

1. Playing Catch-Up: Stored, Missed Acts!
    1. When both Weekly and Elite Weekly Acts are completed for a week, a ‘missed’ Act, 3 at a time, from a previous week will be available to play and complete. Once you have completed all ‘missed’ Acts, they will no longer appear, only to be refreshed in the next week’s rotation.
  2. Degrindification!
    1. Reduced to 5 Weekly Acts and 2 Elite Weekly Acts. While there will be less Acts overall, the rewards for these Acts will increase, so you will earn the same amount of Standing as you would in the previous Episode upon completion. Aww, I enjoyed the large list of Acts to work with for a week.
  3. Changes to Existing Acts! General Observation, regarding waves or length of mission - I think a reduction by a third (or even a quarter) would've been sufficient. Instead of 60mins - 40mins, 40 waves - 30waves, 10 Bounties to 7 Bounties. As for the "with Friends" requirement I suppose with improved Netcode it'll return OR be an adjusted rewards bracket will be listed. A bonus 2k per Clan Member completing the mission with you, for a maximum bonus of 6k.
    1. 'With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely Hopefully these return when better netcode resolves the fear of Host Lag.
    2. Increased Nightwave Standing from Weekly Acts from 3k to 4.5k and Elite Weekly Acts from 5k to 7k. If an adjusted rewards bracket is introduced, I expect these changes to be drawn back slightly OR returned to its original 3k or 5k reward.
    3. Reduced required Defense Wave Acts from 40 to 20 Waves. 
    4. "Kill Profit Taker with Friends" Act is now just "Kill Profit Taker". 
    5. Changed 'Complete 5 Sorties' Elite Weekly to 'Complete 3 Sorties'. 
    6. Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes. Can we agree to 40min Survival instead?
    7. Ayatan Socket requirement for Acts lowered from 5 to 3. 
    8. ‘10 perfect Conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect Conservations’. I don't understand this change.
    9. ‘10 Bounties’ reduced to ‘5 different Bounties’. I also don't understanding this reduction either, should be 7 Bounties.
    10. Increased the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds. This was due, especially if it leads players into farming for Khora.
    11. Removed the ‘Sortie with Friends’ Act. 
    12. The ‘Hold Your Breath’ Act has been changed to ‘Survive over 30 minutes in a Kuva Survival’. Aww, I enjoyed the Gasping Kuva survival runs - it lead to memorable runs.

8 hours ago, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

Probably because railjack, season 2, new war, and all the other roadmap items are slightly more important than providing 1 or 2 new cosmetic items. I mean I get it, fashion is important, I'd love to have an armor set or syandana too, but I'm not gonna get upset over missing out on something tiny so that DE can focus on content.

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Having realistic expectations and calling people out for being unreasonable isn't a "drone mentality". 

I'm not the one blindly defending DE for being unable to hit their own self imposed deadlines for the first nightwave update.... it wasn't like DE didn't know tennocon was coming or that they had other projects to work on when they set the original timeframe for nightwave 2 to be completed.   Remember that nightwave 1 ended may 19th and nightwave 2 was essentially 'delayed for cross platform sync', not to work towards content..... now it's delayed for who knows how long (not exactly great if you're trying to get everything...) because it doesn't say but I'll guess 4 weeks+ due to it being 15 levels and tennocon being 4 weeks away.

Also this isn't the only thing they haven't hit their 'release dates' for so my original comment about them needing to have better time management and 'estimates' remains valid, no matter how much you try and make out otherwise.  I'm not just going to give DE a 'free pass' when they screw up, I'm going to say they've screwed up when they screw up, it's that simple, if we just ignore their failings it will just continue to get worse. 

9 hours ago, ArcioShiranai said:

what a useless rewards

If they useless then dont play it?

9 hours ago, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

And fashion stuff is what you look forward too? If you want end game definitely not here. Hours in survival ain't end game, that's raids bruh.

I swear wf players are something else yall just cant be happy with nothing.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Nightwave: Intermission Rank Rewards:

1. 100 Nora Creds
  2. 2000 Endo
  3. Robotic Slots
  4. 3 Orokin Cells
  5. Gamma Color Picker
  6. 50 Nora Creds
  7. 10K Kuva
  8. Rift Sigil
  9. 3 Forma Bundle
  10. Orokin Reactor
  11. 50 Nora Creds
  12. 10K Kuva
  13. Orokin Catalyst
  14. Aura Forma
  15. EIDOLON EPHEMERA (not exclusive to this rewards table)

Okay, we all need to have a little chit-chat here...

Has it really never occurred to you guys to lock 'endgamey' cosmetics behind something that ISN'T a paywall? The sick looking Prime cosmetic armors, syandanas, and even certain sigils locked behind the whole "Buy this if you want it!" is one thing. I've played for years and I can swallow that pill. My account is by no means a F2P account; but it's when I get a 75% coupon and buy something for super cheap that I've spent money, mostly to support a game I love since I can make the plat I receive just as quickly as sliding my credit card. But everything I have in this game I have earned. I was not carried. I was not taxi'd. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm saying by golly I actually worked my way through this game by myself (with help, constructive criticism, and feedback from the community of course). If I didn't want to grind for this thing, I grinded that thing for plat for buy this thing. I grinded and grinded and grinded and grinded for it all.

This game is supposed to be a cooperative-based, third-person shooter with RPG elements, right? You're supposed to earn things. You're supposed to be not able to earn certain things if you can't clear the appropriate content or get the corresponding achievement (in other similar games, I imagine. Achievements here are a joke but that's a rant for another day). I was hoping beyond hope that you would do right by us players (whether endgame or beginning game) for once that want to earn exclusive cosmetics so that people know we're badasses and skilled. I was hoping there would be some sort of, "HA! I have the achievement and you don't!" moment, finally, when the Eidolon Ephemera was talked about and leaked. And now I will see people that have less than 10 Hydrolyst caps sporting the same Eidolon Ephemera as someone with 800+ Hydrolyst captures. Should those with less than 10 Harry caps not be entitled to have the same ephemera earned by those with 400, 500, 600+ Harry caps? In my humble opinion... you're damn right they shouldn't!

Who are the people that actually believe this type of reward system is good for the longevity of the game? This is NOT what is going to have players coming back for more, and it's not going to keep players around longer. This is one of the major factors that are keeping them or driving them away: For being as dedicated as they are/have been to this game, the only rewards a person can actually earn and flaunt in-game requires your wallet, not your skill or perseverance; every single in-game reward you can earn is grindable (anyone can get it with little effort, just a varying amount of repetitive actions) not earnable (you can only earn the thing if you meet the requirements, have completed an arduous or grueling task). This is either backwards thinking, or thinking with your grofit.

So come, White Knights of Warframe. Go ahead and justify the crap out of this. Show those of us in the community that want to feel accomplished in a game we spend HOURS in just what you think of us. I need a good laugh after this nonsense of an announcement.

Archived