Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: INTERMISSION!

[DE]Megan

5 hours ago, AvaloN1101 said:

Has it really never occurred to you guys to lock 'endgamey' cosmetics behind something that ISN'T a paywall?

fun fact nightwave costs all of us exactly $0.00 your point is kind of moot

34 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

fun fact nightwave costs all of us exactly $0.00 your point is kind of moot

Which makes the entire Nightwave system all the more bizarre as it just feels so sluggish, unrewarding, boring, annoying, tedious and like it was designed to be a paywall.
(Which fits the evidence of them just copying battlepasses without any tweaks or foresight)
Nightwave seems so obviously like tacked on short-sighted trend chaser that was thoughtlessly cobbled together without any consideration put into how it all fits with the pre-existing systems and world of warframe.

(Unless of course we put on our tinfoil hats and speculate that the point is not direct monetization, but indirect, to push people to buy potatoes and resources instead of banging their heads against the wall of Nightwave, but I tend to favour the simpler explanation of short-sightedness and thoughtless actions driving these kinds of blunders.)

I see an endless number of people hate on nightwave so much, but really it does breath a lot of life into the game, calling it a thoughtless battlepass is really not giving the devs enough credit for how they adapted this mechanic into warframe (with the story, in game universe). yes the systems are similar but that doesnt make it a bad thing, you can have something that works in your game if it works, and nightwave works. it gives old and new players something to do on a weekly basis, f2p or p2p, everyone wins with nightwave, you can literally ignore it if it's not your style and still randomly get some rewards just by playing the game how you want. it's like complaining that you have too much icecream when they fill up your cone before adding on your scoop, just chill out about it. It's not even as grindy as a battle pass in any way, even in season one, and because so many people complained it's now even less grindy, I wouldnt be surprised if you can just finish up all the rewards in like a day of playing (not a full day, like a normal person's time playing) which isn't a bad thing but it kind of leaves players who have no life out to hang.

you don't have to eat the ice cream if you think it's too much effort. they're even making it easier for you and still not even forcing you to eat it.

19 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

LOL.

You've not been reading what people have been saying, clearly.

obviously, you guy's can't appreciate what it is and can only think about it being fortnite and not alerts.

The story gave us a little glimpse into the prisons of saturn 6, salad v's amalgam experiments and set up the gas city rework very well, it wasnt a heavy story but it didn't have to be, it was a bit of exposition given over a long period of time while we were waiting for a new part of the game, I hope they do something similar with railjack and hype us up about it rather than suddenly one day dropping it and being like "oh tenno you can fly up to space and kill stuff now I guess". the buildup is nice, the feel of it being real time is nice.

18 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

obviously, you guy's can't appreciate what it is and can only think about it being fortnite and not alerts.

This just comes across like you're straight up trolling.

The "story" was just delivered in mumbo jumbo form with little cohesion and worst of all was completely disconnected from the interactions you had, it was bedtime stories with Nora, while she wanted us to go around and hunt animals and do sorties, she would flip the page of her book every once in a while and tell us of what is happening somewhere else, where we get to play no part in it.

That's worse than a walking simulator, at least those are tied to when you walk somewhere triggering telling us more, Nora just drip feeds whenever she wants this unrelated snippet of "lore" to us, while we slave on doing house chores.

A pirate radio would have had so much potential combining it to tell stories through alerts, as they could radio us with personal stories of someone needing rescuing, that would lead directly to a rescue alert, or of intel someone picked up on a corpus commander, leading straight to a capture mission, and then just build on that, have more context, punch up the dialogue, tweak the way alerts behave (say cooldown instead of random, like Clem survivals), and that would tell infinitely better stories that tie with the universe of Warframe, have us be mercenaries, heroes, warriors, spies, us Operators impacting the universe.

But no, Nora tells us of things happening out somewhere, and we are tasked with narratively dissonant "acts", that are the laughable side bonus filler content everyone laughs at in games about collecting 10x mods, hunting for 10x animals, killing completionist achivement hunting style 150 enemies with radiation damage.
That stuff takes you OUT of the world, out of immersing yourself in your role, and back into the busybody boring grind that is your checklist of chores to get through this particular day.

But I'm sure you won't read a word I say and repeat yourself.

7 hours ago, AvaloN1101 said:

Okay, we all need to have a little chit-chat here...

Has it really never occurred to you guys to lock 'endgamey' cosmetics behind something that ISN'T a paywall? The sick looking Prime cosmetic armors, syandanas, and even certain sigils locked behind the whole "Buy this if you want it!" is one thing. I've played for years and I can swallow that pill. My account is by no means a F2P account; but it's when I get a 75% coupon and buy something for super cheap that I've spent money, mostly to support a game I love since I can make the plat I receive just as quickly as sliding my credit card. But everything I have in this game I have earned. I was not carried. I was not taxi'd. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm saying by golly I actually worked my way through this game by myself (with help, constructive criticism, and feedback from the community of course). If I didn't want to grind for this thing, I grinded that thing for plat for buy this thing. I grinded and grinded and grinded and grinded for it all.

This game is supposed to be a cooperative-based, third-person shooter with RPG elements, right? You're supposed to earn things. You're supposed to be not able to earn certain things if you can't clear the appropriate content or get the corresponding achievement (in other similar games, I imagine. Achievements here are a joke but that's a rant for another day). I was hoping beyond hope that you would do right by us players (whether endgame or beginning game) for once that want to earn exclusive cosmetics so that people know we're badasses and skilled. I was hoping there would be some sort of, "HA! I have the achievement and you don't!" moment, finally, when the Eidolon Ephemera was talked about and leaked. And now I will see people that have less than 10 Hydrolyst caps sporting the same Eidolon Ephemera as someone with 800+ Hydrolyst captures. Should those with less than 10 Harry caps not be entitled to have the same ephemera earned by those with 400, 500, 600+ Harry caps? In my humble opinion... you're damn right they shouldn't!

Who are the people that actually believe this type of reward system is good for the longevity of the game? This is not what is going to have players coming back for more, and it's not going to keep players around longer. This is one of the major factors that are keeping them or driving them away: For being as dedicated as they are/have been to this game, the only rewards a person can actually earn and flaunt in-game requires your wallet, not your skill or perseverance; every single in-game reward you can earn is grindable (anyone can get it with little effort, just a varying amount of repetitive actions) not earnable (you can only earn the thing if you meet the requirements, have completed an arduous or grueling task). This is either backwards thinking, or thinking with your grofit.

So come, White Knights of Warframe. Go ahead and justify the crap out of this. Show those of us in the community that want to feel accomplished in a game we spend HOURS in just what you think of us. I need a good laugh after this nonsense of an announcement. 

Bud obviously you don't understand the intent of the intermission, It's not a big event, its something to hold the people who need their nitain and provides little bonuses to anyone who wants to participate

1. It's not an issue if they want to paywall certain cosmetics . It's a cosmetic . It doesn't affect gameplay. And it gives a reason to actually buy prime access etc.

2.You are literally contradicting your first paragraph about exclusivity by crying that people can get the eidolon ephemera through the intermission
"We want to be able to earn prime exclusive gear but nobody gets to have the Eidolon Ephemera because I said so" get real.

3. Nigthwave is a step in the right direction whether you see that or not is your problem, I'm not saying that the rewards are god tier but they are a starting step and especially this as an INTERMISSION .

4. anyone can flaunt whatever they want so non point and also your entire argument summed up is "Give me stuff so that I can think im better then anyone who doesn't have it"

There is a difference between a White Knight defending DE and common sense people debunking your post FYI. Lots of things DE can work on and "making prime exclusives available to everyone" isn't a thing to focus on.

2 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

The "story" was just delivered in mumbo jumbo form with little cohesion and worst of all was completely disconnected from the interactions you had

as an active player I fought the wolf a lot of times during nightwave and saw him change with it, I'd say that's still pretty interactive. But yes I do get your point about the "acts" not matching the story at all.... but at the same time.... it's a distant story meant to build up to the gas city rework, mixed in with in game tasks to do for rewards, it's both a game and a story. I cannot stress enough that this isnt a story quest like the second war, this is something that builds the world around you rather than forcing you to be the hero of kvatch.

4 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Nora just drip feeds whenever she wants this unrelated snippet of "lore" to us, while we slave on doing house chores.

the world does not revolve around us, thankfully

5 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

A pirate radio would have had so much potential combining it to tell stories through alerts, as they could radio us with personal stories of someone needing rescuing, that would lead directly to a rescue alert, or of intel someone picked up on a corpus commander, leading straight to a capture mission, and then just build on that, have more context, punch up the dialogue, tweak the way alerts behave (say cooldown instead of random, like Clem survivals), and that would tell infinitely better stories that tie with the universe of Warframe, have us be mercenaries, heroes, warriors, spies, us Operators impacting the universe.

and from this im really seeing this really is what you want, I can't really say "don't want this" but maybe you should curb your expectations a little bit for a bit of world flavour, again not everything HAS to be on a grand scale having the players be the focus, some of it is allowed to be meta gaming junk for people to do, with a backstory to help guide you along for "why" this is all going.

8 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

But I'm sure you won't read a word I say and repeat yourself.

whoops

I can see the point you're making but I don't agree with you, can we agree to disagree for this?

16 hours ago, (XB1)GSSalvador said:

That catch-up mechanic still sounds really weird. We have to complete ALL weeklies and elite weeklies of a week to get access to three prior challenges? Why? Why make this kind of restriction?

Why not just release all challanges at once and let the players do it on their own pace throughout the season?

Because that's how this mode works. It's based on 'season passes' which reward you for how well/how often you play. You have to finish those prior challenges because that's what you are supposed to do, doing challenges to progress. I mean this is so much easier than any other game that features this 'season pass' or whatever they call it. If you miss those challenges they are gone, FOREVER. Warframe wants to go easy on you and yet the community still whines. 

16 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

The proposed catch-up mechanic goes against the degrindification point. To access missed challenges we have to grind to finish all of the currently active challenges. This is contradiction of intents.

No it is not, Most of the challenges can be done in 1 or 2 games and even if you are playing casually few days a week, you can do it easily and probably won't even need to catch-up. This is not a "grind" this is playing the actual game. 

And before you slam me with the low MR players argument. Yes, they probably cannot do some of the elite challenges. (There is plenty of normal challenges too.) Yes, they will probably miss on some stuff. But this gives them the reason to get their rank up, progress more with the story/nodes and generally prepare for the next round! They might not get the rewards now, but if they want them, they will make sure to be ready next time.

DE already made most of the challenges easier and even added catch-up mechanic (which you probably won't see in any other game featuring this mode). They are trying to please casual and veteran players at the same time... trying to do the impossible. It's time to stop with this massive uproar about the Nightwave before it's ruined for EVERYONE.

1 minute ago, Zyga21 said:

I fought the wolf a lot of times during nightwave and saw him change with it, I'd say that's still pretty interactive.

You fought him, but it didn't change the story, it was just there, even more grating to why we should fight him.

1 minute ago, Zyga21 said:

But yes I do get your point about the "acts" not matching the story at all..

Thanks for seeing that, acts go against the "story", and make us as players question why Nora Night had to even be tied with the system of Nightwave, they might as well have been two independent systems, and they make us question why these chores earn us reputation, are demanded of us, they go against anything meaningful.

Another major problem is that these "acts", they were fine when they were originally the affinity bonuses, they served their minor role, they didn't annoy you, grab all focus on itself, but were on the side in missions.
They can't carry the weight of alerts all by themselves.
Now, they removed alerts, and put the side chores front and center, and they nag you and remind you wherever you go, in navigation, within missions, you'll get a big reminder on the center of your screen to remember to do your chores, that's annoying and puts pressure on many of us, we might just want to do something completely different in the game and not constantly be reminded of boring stuff.
I can ignore the existence of Conclave. I can ignore Archwing, I can ignore specific mission tiles like Defection or Infested Salvage.
I can't ignore Nightwave, the game won't let me, and even if all the UI prompts and Nora could be shut off, still they tie many important things behind it as well, creds are limited, you need to go above and beyond rank 15 or 30 to earn steadily more to get necessary universal resources.

3 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

the world does not revolve around us, thankfully

Yeah, this is a video game, not the world.

4 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

but maybe you should curb your expectations a little bit

I guess I should expect less of Digital Extremes then. /s

5 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

I can see the point you're making but I don't agree with you, can we agree to disagree for this?

We'll agree to disagree, I can come to terms with that, it's just that you came across (before reading my point of view) a bit dismissive without knowing the context of the discussion.
That's why the harsh tone.

1 hour ago, Zyga21 said:

obviously, you guy's can't appreciate what it is and can only think about it being fortnite and not alerts

There will always be people who complain whether it's because things are behind a paywall and they dont want to spend money OR they spent money and now the things are available for free. I can't say I blame them too much for it especially if they did spend the money but Nightwave is an easy way of getting things in the game you'd have to be there for the actual alert for before e.g. Nitain. It's also easier to get other resources like Kuva and is a decent plat making mechanism (convert creds into plat by selling mods).

It's a bit of a controversial topic whether or not cosmetics etc. that were behind a paywall are to be available to all players through achievements and gameplay. I say yes BUT make it grindy enough so that the players who spent money wouldn't have to feel screwed over. The only crappy thing about NW was the way the Wolf was handled - mechanics were terrible, awful in high level low MR squads, immune to most abilities, status etc...even as a MR 26 player I thought the Wolf was BS, it should ve been handled differently but that has been discussed to death in other threads. 

All in all, I think the NW intermission is a good way to hold our attention until next season and save us some grinding on certain things like Kuva

5 hours ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

Now the next dreaded question, is the Wolf making a return for this intermission? another boss or enemy? or just the system of Nightflush/wave of doing random pointless carrot chasing for expiring Carnival/Arcade tickets or Disney dollars.

Wolf never left, he can still spawn randomly or you can buy beacons from Baro if he has them. Also this is not a real Nightwave so it's basically random carrot chasing for us to do. I mean... At least it's something for players like me that don't really have much to do anymore, since evrything there can be done and unlocked is well.. done and unlocked. 

how pissed are people that had wolf credits at the end unspent & now a whole new thing arrives where they couldve just extended the event till season 2 was ready & put in new reward tiers when it was wholly evident that leaving the playerbase aimless & directionless was a bad idea?

They knew the credits will be useless after it ends. (Except that DE made them available to sell for credits...) I don't think it is that easy to just extend something like this in an update. Keep in mind it was running for all platforms at the same time.

Oh and last thing, has nightwave really improved anything? cause it seems like its caused more confusion, anger & burnout than alerts ever did & its not like we really got a story, the system didnt run well on autopilot as per all the tweaks y'all had yo make & will continue to have to make.

I think it did. You no longer have to chase alerts or be upset that there was one while you were at work/school/outside. If you just play the game, you get rewarded even more with this. And about the story... it was cool, but vague and didn't really left us with much I think. Definitely could do better. It was their first try on something like this and Warframe is well known for new things not working, so there's that.😛

Nice that u found time to give rewards until we get Nightwave 2, much appreciated! Need to save up something for the Tennocon 😄

However... U finally gave purpose to clans for more than ''ill use this to grab bps/to trade'' and now u are removing it because of the special cookies who refuses to play with a friend or clan mate. Sorry, if it doesn't work for them, they are free to skip those quests and do something else.
It's fine to have things adjusted for lower MRs but u gave literally nothing to veterans. Game overall has nothing for veterans.
I just find it stupid to increase standing + quests stay longer but then u remove like clan mates/friends, 5 sorties (''nerf'') etc.|
If something should be removed, that is ''use 3 forma'' considering that we had twice that quest while Nightwave rewards gave 2x3 forma...Which basically means we didn't get any forma, considering that we used 6 in order to finish the quest.

And Eidolon ephemera really shouldn't be here as a reward.

10 minutes ago, SerraphiX said:

Because that's how this mode works. It's based on 'season passes' which reward you for how well/how often you play. You have to finish those prior challenges because that's what you are supposed to do, doing challenges to progress. I mean this is so much easier than any other game that features this 'season pass' or whatever they call it. If you miss those challenges they are gone, FOREVER. Warframe wants to go easy on you and yet the community still whines.

And here we are, voicing our opinion because we hate the season pass concept, and because it has never been a part of Warframe before.

11 minutes ago, SerraphiX said:

No it is not, Most of the challenges can be done in 1 or 2 games and even if you are playing casually few days a week, you can do it easily and probably won't even need to catch-up. This is not a "grind" this is playing the actual game. 

You are not demonstrating your point. Grinding = repeating the same things to exhaustion, corroding the fun element. Most of the challenges are nothing but the very same low level missions we have been doing from the beginning of the game, over and over. For veterans the feeling is even worst because they already have all the possible reward from those. Tired of low level, unoriginal, uninspired invasions, bounties, animal conservations, etc, repeating them again IS a grind. The catch up could have been a nice way to select only what we sincerely enjoyed to do, instead DE put two insensate grind walls to our enjoyment: i) do all the week challenges; ii) finish this block of 3 before accessing another block of 3.

The rewards look very lackluster to me, like nothing is jumping out as wow, Gamma colours, cool I have it, rift sigil, I earned it way back the first time it came out.

Nothing else has any wow factor, the rewards were great last season but this season, this season looks like its catering to the newer players and just throws dirt into longer term players face.

8 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

You are not demonstrating your point. Grinding = repeating the same things to exhaustion, corroding the fun element. Most of the challenges are nothing but the very same low level missions we have been doing from the beginning of the game, over and over. For veterans the feeling is even worst because they already have all the possible reward from those. Tired of low level, unoriginal, uninspired invasions, bounties, animal conservations, etc, repeating them again IS a grind. The catch up could have been a nice way to select only what we sincerely enjoyed to do, instead DE put two insensate grind walls to our enjoyment: i) do all the week challenges; ii) finish this block of 3 before accessing another block of 3.

What I meant is the objectives of said challenges can be done in 1 or 2 games which is pretty quick. You are talking about the fact we get exactly the same challenges every week or two. And you are right with that. Trust me, I know how tedious the grind can be, I've played this for 6 years. I got burnt out several times and had to stop playing for some time. I would really like to see some more difficult and/or original challenges with less repetition. The problem here is, if they do that, the more casual players will do exactly what they have been doing since Nightwave 1. Complain about how challenging the challenges are... And that's where we are now.

I don't have much to say about the catch-up mechanic, I think you see it as another grind wall only because the problem above, repeating challenges.

à l’instant, Clats01 a dit :

The rewards look very lackluster to me, like nothing is jumping out as wow, Gamma colours, cool I have it, rift sigil, I earned it way back the first time it came out.

Nothing else has any wow factor, the rewards were great last season but this season, this season looks like its catering to the newer players and just throws dirt into longer term players face.

As Much as I agree with you, it's only an intermission to stop the mob crying for nitain

17 hours ago, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

This is not a full nightwave series. Only a mini thing inbetween. You should be happy you get anything to do. Also syandanas and armour take time to make and there based around the nightwave theme but now its a short mini thing so you cant base it on anything

1 minute ago, --Q--Krakov said:

As Much as I agree with you, it's only an intermission to stop the mob crying for nitain

I get that, people are too entitled these days and think they should be able to get everything when they say so, waiting is a hard concept for the masses these days.

Then again people will also say thats easy for me to say since I have enough, not knowing it took just as long to farm stuff back in the day

Archived