Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: INTERMISSION!

[DE]Megan

I reiterate again, please remove the "apply 3 forma" challenge as well as the "gild an item" challenge. Both of these challenges are counter productive to the game, encouraging inaction.

Literally the only item that I have polarised since the last forma challenge of past nightwave is wisp, nothing else since then. I got 5 amps lying in my foundry waiting to be picked up just because a gild challenge might show up. Yes you're not forced to wait, but the moment you punish people for playing the game you're doing it wrong.

I like the idea of having this intermission between seasons. I’m still a bit concerned, thinking the Profit-Taker act might appear too frequently and hinder my progress. I’m working on my Solaris standing, but I’m definitely not there yet. That said, I’m still very glad to see that the times needed to complete survival acts have been reduced. Overall, I’m looking forward to this.

18 hours ago, Haelbrecht said:

Really hoped the Eidolon Ephemera was going to be an achievement... oh well

Nope, you can't have merit-based rewards in Warframe. Even if developers themselves promised it.

It's either RNG or trivial, can't have you feeling good about something that required effort, apparently. 

19 hours ago, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

So just because there aren't any cosmetic rewards its considered a "joke"? Oh please, froma, kuva and endo are always helpful no matter what MR you are or for how long you have been playing. 

Not to mention they also increased the cred amounts so it would be easier for both old and new players alike to buy whatever rewards they want, whether its nitain or mods. 

Yall just want a reason to be rude instead of being grateful that DE is actually putting out content when they are so stressful for tennocon. I thought we knew better as a community.

18 минут назад, Fr3shBoi сказал:

So just because there aren't any cosmetic rewards its considered a "joke"? .

Actually that armor and syandana were a joke, for pretty much everyone - if anything.

Low quality, grineer armor that no one uses. Like literally ive YET to see a single player, in-game, wearing it. They just dont.

And lold at that end-game also, yeah. So endgame. Much wow.

I'm fine with this so long as it's "opt in" or at least "opt out". Nightwave S1 being "always on now lose your progress because you pubbed with people who think wasting half an hour fighting the Wolf for another Northern Wind mod instead of going down so he'll despawn is fine" STILL stings. As if this e/n post wasn't clue enough.

19 hours ago, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

What do rewards matter when DE gives trade suspensions for doing endurance. I streamed the run and made a build video on it. Went back in for my 2nd trade suspension a little bit later

and did 1 day 3hrs same thing. Mind you the overall WR for surv is 51hrs 23mins btw.

unknown.png

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

013d9733a405ae5d28997a12d2e12862.png 

1. Degrindification!
    1. Reduced to 5 Weekly Acts and 2 Elite Weekly Acts. While there will be less Acts overall, the rewards for these Acts will increase, so you will earn the same amount of Standing as you would in the previous Episode upon completion.  

I don't like the reduction in acts. More acts gives me a choice. For example:

Old System

1. Fully socket 3 Ayatan Sculptures

2. Complete 3 Assassination missions

3. 6 different perfect Conservations

4. Find all caches in 3 Sabotage missions

New System

1. Complete 3 Assassination missions

2. 6 different perfect Conservations

Say I don't want to do 6 different perfect Conservations. Under the old system I could skip it and run the missions I enjoy. Under the new system every act skipped incurs a HUGE penalty toward completing the entire Episode.

First thing: i think this is an awesome idea and i do support this a lot.

Second thing: im really dissapointe that an ephemera that was again promised to be rewarded by skill, like capturing 100 hydrolysts or something similar, is now rewarded for thius... i know that you could argue that this is better than hiding it behind a 1% dropchance or that it takes skill to reach this reward. it none the less still feels like you completly ignore your own original intend for thses rewards, im not even entirely against ephemeras as a reward for nightwave, its just annoying that this specific ephemera, which has nothing to do with the "theme" of this nightwave and which was again promised to be rewarded through a bit more skillful,is now rewarded this way.

im also aware that it might be released the way i would prefer at a later time, as this post states that its not exclusive to this nightwave. The thing is that i hoped this ephemera would be the first one were if i saw someone who had it i could think: "this guy must be good at eidolon hunting or at least have done it a lot to get this, respect" instead of: "ah i see this guy got pretty lucky with his rng drop". But know after the release of this intermission if i see someone with that ephemera even if its rewarded through eidolons afterwards i will always think that he probably just got it from the nightwave and im not gonna be impressed.

If possible i would prefer if you would reward another ephemera instead of the eidolon one.

But in the end this your game and its your choice to award rewards as you see fit. Im just mildly annoyed by this move.

Still love your game and what you do for us every day and you wil always get all my energy till the end of my days or this game. Hope this didnt come across as to angry or like a rant, just good intentions here and a bit of a stream of consciousness.

8 minutes ago, n.ull. said:

Second thing: im really dissapointe that an ephemera that was again promised to be rewarded by skill, like capturing 100 hydrolysts or something similar, is now rewarded for thius...

Because it seems that for the loudest part of the community, getting to the end of a Nightwave is the peak of their skill. 398233244874571796.png?v=1

Zitat
vor 21 Stunden schrieb (XB1)GSSalvador:

That catch-up mechanic still sounds really weird. We have to complete ALL weeklies and elite weeklies of a week to get access to three prior challenges? Why? Why make this kind of restriction?

Why not just release all challanges at once and let the players do it on their own pace throughout the season?

Do you mean release all the challenges for the entire season or just the ones that a player trying to catch up hasnt done before, because if its the first thing the answer would be: Because DE knows its player base and alot pf people would just bitz through all the ranks till 30 and imidiatly complain that there was not enough content bla bla bla.

vor 1 Minute schrieb SerraphiX:

Because it seems that for the loudest part of the community, getting to the end of a Nightwave is the peak of their skill. 398233244874571796.png?v=1

Seems more that most just dont have enough time which in my eyes completly understandble, though its also in my eyes ok not to play all of nightwave, this applies both too people who dont like it and people who just dont have the time.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb -Temp0-:

No armors? Syandana?

"Endgame players"

Sorry again but how do you know how much time they have? they clearly intended to have season 2 out by now, which would have new armor and stuff, but they obliously cant release it yet so they give us this which is most likly thhe best they can do atm.

11 minutes ago, n.ull. said:

Seems more that most just dont have enough time which in my eyes completly understandble, though its also in my eyes ok not to play all of nightwave, this applies both too people who dont like it and people who just dont have the time.

Of course. It is okay to not play all of it. It's up to the player. But if they decide to not play through it, then they have no right to complain about rewards they didn't get. (Nothing important is locked behind Nightwave only except maybe Umbral forma, which it WILL be available many times in the future as we get closer to Tau System.)
As for players that don't have enough time, well... Though luck I guess?  There are many more important things in life than Nightwave. Same goes to any other 'Nightwave'/'season pass' type mode in other games. What I like to see is that here, you can at least catch up if you missed days.. or weeks because of real life or anything else.

21 hours ago, (PS4)FastestKnight said:

A little tired of the "I've played Warframe for 40 years. This is not enough!" in every post. Come on guys, it's just a placeholder until the real Nightwave 2. 

This. I actually feel bad for DE sometimes - every time we go a month without brand new content people complain about a content drought. Self-entitlement is not an endearing attribute.

it's kind of crazy to me that people have such high, unfulfilled expectations for what nightwave should reward considering how unremarkable the alert system it replaced was. where do you guys get this kind of optimism

also i think de really overestimated our life management skills in rolling out a system that works best for people who only play like an hour a day

9 hours ago, Zyga21 said:

fun fact nightwave costs all of us exactly $0.00 your point is kind of moot

Fun fact #1: The Saturn Six armor and syandana are ugly af. Probably designed by the same poeple who made Loki and Nova Deluxe. 

Fun fact #2: Everything worthwhile AND non-farmable from Nightwave can be counted on one hand, and you probably would have some fingers leftover.

Fun fact #3: Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion doesn't make any point moot; it simply makes it different. 🙂

Have a great day pumpkin.

8 hours ago, MrFairPrices said:

Bud obviously you don't understand the intent of the intermission, It's not a big event, its something to hold the people who need their nitain and provides little bonuses to anyone who wants to participate

1. It's not an issue if they want to paywall certain cosmetics . It's a cosmetic . It doesn't affect gameplay. And it gives a reason to actually buy prime access etc.

2.You are literally contradicting your first paragraph about exclusivity by crying that people can get the eidolon ephemera through the intermission
"We want to be able to earn prime exclusive gear but nobody gets to have the Eidolon Ephemera because I said so" get real.

3. Nigthwave is a step in the right direction whether you see that or not is your problem, I'm not saying that the rewards are god tier but they are a starting step and especially this as an INTERMISSION .

4. anyone can flaunt whatever they want so non point and also your entire argument summed up is "Give me stuff so that I can think im better then anyone who doesn't have it"

There is a difference between a White Knight defending DE and common sense people debunking your post FYI. Lots of things DE can work on and "making prime exclusives available to everyone" isn't a thing to focus on.

Nightwave was never a big event in the first place, and was in the complete alternate dimension of the point I was trying to make. I was sort of afraid to continue reading after the first few sentences. But regardless, let's find out how magnificent your reading comprehension is:

1.) I never had an issue with it. I literally said, and I quote, "...I've played for years and I can swallow this pill." What was meant with that small snippet in layman's terms was, "I can deal with that." Never had an issue with cosmetics being locked behind a paywall. But I do take concern with said paywall being the only way to obtain certain cosmetics. That is the same sentiment I share with ANY scummy game that does this. Your score: 6.5/10

2.) Contradiction? That is already a failing grade in reading comprehension, my friend. If you had truly attempted to understand what was written, you would see I was talking about cosmetics exclusive to "complete a crazy hard challenge and show off the reward" instead of "We don't want any snowflakes to feel left out so EVERYONE gets it!". To my understanding, the goal of ephemera was not farm, but fame. If someone saw you with an ephemera, they right away knew you were (or at the very least consider yourself to be) hot stuff. These ephemera are farmable, not earnable. Don't confuse those 2 concepts, bud. Your score: 3.2/10

3. This post was not a criticism of Nightwave LOL. It was a clearly aimed toward to exclusivity (or lack thereof) of the Eidolon Ephemera. I agree with you. Nightwave was a step in the right direction for Warframe. But because you missed the point completely: Your score: 0/10

4. This point was surprisingly on the ball. I actually do want DE to give me stuff to work my ass off for. I want them to give me stuff to play the game and spend another 1.7k hours in missions for. I love this game. And when I see someone who started playing yesterday, MR2 with Volt Prime, Prime accessories, TennoGen syandana, and an absolutely BEAUTIFUL set up visually, I feel like I have achieved nothing. After all, Fashionframe is endgame, right? Right? So what that MR2 is doing is saying, "I have awesome stuff and look better than you and you're MR27. So sad..." Your score: 7/10

Anyway, sucks to be you for the bad grades, Mr White Knight. There certainly is a difference between White Knighting and debunking lies and misinformation. There is also a difference constructive criticism and getting sick of the same failing formula in a game that takes pride in constant evolution. Don't get hung up on the criticisms next time and try to take a sec to see where the other person is coming from.

Side note: it's cute how you typo'd 'eye-strain' with 'emphasis'. If it really was eye straining, you might want to sit a little further back from your monitor/device.

Archived