Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: INTERMISSION!

[DE]Megan

The 3 forma weekly need to be changed to 1 or removed.

You almost need 80 forma to built all weapon then you need forma to forma stuff and then you need them to built stuff like exilus adapters, greater lenses, aura forma. and i'm sure im missing a few stuff. The game is very forma hungry. And isn't very friendly to newer players that still need to built weapon and get their gear sorted out. They are also time gated limiting you to building 7 a week making it feel like you need to spend money.

THe guild a modular weapon also need to be removed or changed to built or guild a modular weapon. You need to be rank 3 in a syndicate to even guild something you need standing to buy the part's and then resources that normally drop on that openworld and other normal resources to craft them. For never players this i a multi day project since the daily rep is limited and it can hamper their progress into the syndicate.

1 hour ago, AvaloN1101 said:

Nightwave was never a big event in the first place, and was in the complete alternate dimension of the point I was trying to make. I was sort of afraid to continue reading after the first few sentences.

1.) I never had an issue with it. I literally said, and I quote, "...I've played for years and I can swallow this pill." What was meant with that small snippet in layman's terms was, "I can deal with that." Never had an issue with cosmetics being locked behind a paywall. But I do take concern with said paywall being the only way to obtain certain cosmetics. That is the same sentiment I share with ANY scummy game that does this. Your score: 6.5/10

2.) Contradiction? That is already a failing grade in reading comprehension, my friend. If you had truly attempted to understand what was written, you would see I was talking about cosmetics exclusive to "complete a crazy hard challenge and show off the reward" instead of "We don't want any snowflakes to feel left out so EVERYONE gets it!". To my understanding, the goal of ephemera was not farm, but fame. If someone saw you with an ephemera, they right away knew you were (or at the very least consider yourself to be) hot stuff. These ephemera are farmable, not earnable. Don't confuse those 2 concepts, bud. Your score: 3.2/10

3. This post was not a criticism of Nightwave LOL. It was a clearly aimed toward to exclusivity (or lack thereof) of the Eidolon Ephemera. I agree with you. Nightwave was a step in the right direction for Warframe. But because you missed the point completely: Your score: 0/10

4. This point was surprisingly on the ball. I actually do want DE to give me stuff to work my ass off for. I want them to give me stuff to play the game and spend another 1.7k hours in missions for. I love this game. And when I see someone who started playing yesterday, MR2 with Volt Prime, Prime accessories, TennoGen syandana, and an absolutely BEAUTIFUL set up visually, I feel like I have achieved nothing. After all, Fashionframe is endgame, right? Right? So what that MR2 is doing is saying, "I have awesome stuff and look better than you and you're MR27. So sad..." Your score: 7/10

Anyway, sucks to be you for the bad grades, Mr White Knight. There certainly is a difference between White Knighting and debunking lies and misinformation. There is also a difference constructive criticism and getting sick of the same failing formula in a game that takes pride in constant evolution. Don't get hung up on the criticisms next time and try to take a sec to see where the other person is coming from.

Side note: it's cute how you typo'd 'eye-strain' with 'emphasis'. If it really was eye straining, you might want to sit a little further back from your monitor/device.

"But regardless, let's find out how magnificent your reading comprehension is:" Making attacks on my character is a sign that you cant respond properly
"Has it really never occurred to you guys to lock 'endgamey' cosmetics behind something that ISN'T a paywall? The sick looking Prime cosmetic armors, syandanas, and even certain sigils locked behind the whole "Buy this if you want it!" is one thing.
I've played for years and I can swallow that pill."

"But everything I have in this game I have earned. I was not carried. I was not taxi'd. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm saying by golly I actually worked my way through this game by myself (with help, constructive criticism, and feedback from the community of course). If I didn't want to grind for this thing, I grinded that thing for plat for buy this thing. I grinded and grinded and grinded and grinded for it all."
You say it's a concern but as you can see above its more like a complaint , you say it's fine but why bother to type a paragraph on it in the first place? Exactly.

"You're supposed to earn things.
You're supposed to be not able to earn certain things if you can't clear the appropriate content or get the corresponding achievement. "

"I was hoping beyond hope that you would do right by us players for once that want to earn exclusive cosmetics so that people know we're badasses and skilled. I was hoping there would be some sort of, "HA! I have the achievement and you don't!" moment, finally, when the Eidolon Ephemera was talked about and leaked. "

"And now I will see people that have less than 10 Hydrolyst caps sporting the same Eidolon Ephemera as someone with 800+ Hydrolyst captures. Should those with less than 10 Harry caps not be entitled to have the same ephemera earned by those with 400, 500, 600+ Harry caps? In my humble opinion... you're damn right they shouldn't! "

It is a contradiction, you want exclusivity backed by your second paragraph and don't backed by your first paragraph, cosmetics behind paywall is a part of exclusivity and just in the way "hes done X things he has X item" the same logic applies for " he has spent x money he has x item" and you can't go back an say "Oh I meant by farming" because you literally said You're supposed to be not able to earn certain things if you can't clear the appropriate content or get the corresponding achievement. (which also contradicts what you just said about the ephemera. earn=farm it's the same thing. everything that is farmable is earnable.)

Who are the people that actually believe this type of reward system is good for the longevity of the game? This is not what is going to have players coming back for more, and it's not going to keep players around longer. This is one of the major factors that are keeping them or driving them away: For being as dedicated as they are/have been to this game, the only rewards a person can actually earn and flaunt in-game requires your wallet, not your skill or perseverance; every single in-game reward you can earn is grindable (anyone can get it with little effort, just a varying amount of repetitive actions) not earnable (you can only earn the thing if you meet the requirements, have completed an arduous or grueling task). This is either backwards thinking, or thinking with your grofit.

Did you even read what you wrote? Don't think so. ^ is a clear criticism of nightwave. If you attempted to make the point of the ephemera then you failed it does not come off as that and that's your problem.

Fashion frame is not end game(you will say you were being sarcastic) and I find your values in wanting to show off to others disgusting.

I've debunked your responses even harder then your original response and there definitely is a difference between criticism and just complaining. No white knight here , you don't know my stance on anything. All you know is that I believe your opinion is not helpful and just flaming.(because it is)

9 hours ago, Clats01 said:

The rewards look very lackluster to me, like nothing is jumping out as wow, Gamma colours, cool I have it, rift sigil, I earned it way back the first time it came out.

Nothing else has any wow factor, the rewards were great last season but this season, this season looks like its catering to the newer players and just throws dirt into longer term players face.

I dont have gamma colors or the rift sigil 😄 i started playing 250+ days ago and haven't stopped.

I'm excited for these things. I'm sorry there's nothing new for you though. 

2 hours ago, AvaloN1101 said:

Fun fact #1: The Saturn Six armor and syandana are ugly af. Probably designed by the same poeple who made Loki and Nova Deluxe. 

Fun fact #2: Everything worthwhile AND non-farmable from Nightwave can be counted on one hand, and you probably would have some fingers leftover.

Fun fact #3: Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion doesn't make any point moot; it simply makes it different. 🙂

Have a great day pumpkin.

he was saying that the game was locking stuff behind a paywall, pumpkin. That's just wrong, it's not that I disagree or I think the rewards are great, im saying that his point is moot because he's claiming it's behind a paywall.

it's awesome seeing people ask questions that are clearly stated in the original post. if they only took the time to read the actual post, maybe they wouldn't be asking questions of how many ranks is it? or when does it get released? they've seriously put 90% of all questions asked in this thread, in the original post.

On 2019-06-07 at 11:21 PM, -NR-Zodiac said:

oh well, another slap to people that are not new.

Gotta love when cynics go for upvotes by comparing recycled rewards and giving newer players a chance at items nobody cares vets have, to physical abuse. Fantastic stuff. Have a like.

Well you posted it twice, so I guess someone oughta acknowledge you...

8 hours ago, Ghastmen said:

tell me DE wtf is this gamma plate fking rly? if u guys bring back everything then bring back the excalibur prime too wtf is this nonsense???????

1. The Gamma Color Picker is not, and has never been, some hard-won relic of accomplishments past. You literally just got it from logging in during one very generous period of time.

2. The only reason it even exists is because there was a bug in colouring stuff, and when that got fixed, the devs released a free palatte of those original low-saturation hues for free, as a courtesy for those who got used to the bugged colours.

3. The exclusivity of the Gamma Color Picker has no significance in the game whatsoever. Nobody has ever looked at your FashionFrame and said, "damn, they're using a hue from the unavailable Gamma Palette, gosh they're cool." Nearly every hue on the palette has a near-identical hue on other palettes, and nobody is going to notice anyway.

On 2019-06-07 at 11:07 AM, ArcioShiranai said:

what a useless rewards

On 2019-06-07 at 11:07 AM, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

This IS an interlude type "season", so it makes some sense (to me, anyway) that the rewards don't include major cosmetics (ie: syandanas/armor).

3 hours ago, AvaloN1101 said:

It's like you read that out of a handbook, dude lol. I work for a damn living outside. If I want to spend my free time holed up in my apartment, what is it of your business? 

Indeed. You should try reading it sometime. A jaded little elitist like you may find it enlightening. :^)

Just now, SenorClipClop said:

You can turn that off in Settings. I did as soon as they patched in the option. :simaris:

Uh no you can't.
At most it gives her like a 5 minute cooldown which is nothing. And it turns off other stuff I actually want to hear/see.

General Feedback

Thank you for bringing back Nightwave, however, given how things have panned out I want to quote myself from the last Nightwave Feedback thread and then expand on it a little bit:

On 2019-05-16 at 12:13 PM, KarazyX said:

I love that Nightwave rewards new players with essential resources for learning more and understanding the game without disrupting their gameplay while also giving mid-game and end-game players a chance to get faster access to those rewards and exclusive rewards, but I think locking wolf credits behind ranking up 30 times, and a 60-70% completion rate for challenges that players are worried about feeling like a chore, is a recipe for burnout and is pitting new, old, casual, and endurance players against each other in a system that was supposed to eliminate the lack of availability of old alert rewards. I think this issue could be fixed with the following:

• Eliminate the 30 Rank system in favor of a set standing and credit pool with challenges and invaders awarding Nightwave Credits and standing that scale up with invader level and challenge difficulty (e.g. level 15 invaders drop 15 credits and 150 standing, level 75 drops 75 and 750 standing, etc)
  • All rank up awards become one-time purchasable offerings.
    • If people are worried about certain rewards (umbral forma, kuva) going to people who haven’t done certain quests (The Sacrifice, The War Within) then lock those rewards behind quest completion requirements.
    • EDIT: content could also be locked behind the credit pool increasing with more mastery ranks like how void traces work. So MR3 players with a small credit pool can't access kuva and umbral forma when they're at their max amount of credits.
  • Give end/mid-game players a fun/interesting/exciting way to sift through Nightwave lore and then use that knowledge to hunt down invaders for extra Nightwave Credits and standing.
  • Keep Nightwave year round with two types of rewards:
    • Normal Rewards: rewards that can be bought with standing and are always available via weekly rotations (like nitain, aura mods, helmet cosmetics, and maybe potatoes)
    • Seasonal Rewards: seasonal/exclusive offerings that can be purchased once (umbral forma and cosmetics) or multiple times (like potatoes) with nightwave credits
  • Rank Up System & Rewards: From the comments I've seen on the first few pages, getting to max rank isn't that big a deal to anyone, myself included. It really just is about how much time and  energy you want to sink into the challenges and not everyone wants to do all the challenges. So eliminating the system and replacing it with something where players can purchase common resources with standing and exclusive rewards with credits from a set (possible MR-dependent) standing and credit pool seems like it'd be more in tune with how people play WF and how much attention they'd feel comfortable giving Nightwave.
  • Credit & Standing Farming: giving people a way to hunt down invaders for credits and standing (like with beacons that can be bought with standing) and having the credits and standing scale with invader levels feels like it could be another catch-up mechanic and give people the option to get more credits and standing if they want to.
  • Year Round Offerings & Exclusive, Seasonal Rewards: Based on DE's schedule with Tennocon as well as plans for future expansions, I feel like having normal year round offerings and then exclusive offerings that come with the different seasons/events will alleviate a lot the problems/stress Nightwave has been giving DE as well as their players. Many people have already said to keep up Nightwave year round, so I just wanted to chime in and point out that future delays will not be as big an issue if the rewards were divided up like this.

Planned Evergreen Rewards

Everything seems fine and reasonable except the 3 orokin cells, which can easily be gotten from running the boss fight in Ceres in a minute or so. I even got 5 orokin cells one run just due to speedrunning. I am pretty sure if you  just replace it with like 5 nitain everyone will be happy.

Well, this is better than nothing for sure. Im mostly gonna be going for the Kuva, although i wish the amount was a bit higher.

Even if you cant implement it during this Intermission, DE please let us buy decent sized Kuva bundles with Creds!

That would instantly make Nightwave much more relevant to all the people that pretty much exclusively farm this resource.

I'm happy with this. I like nightwave

I've been playing the game for 600 hours now. Compared to some other people it might not be that much, but I would have paid a full game for a fifth of that playtime, and considered my money well spent. This one is free, and I'm still having fun 600 hours in.

Maybe when I reach 700 hours, or once I complete everything, I will be sad that it's over, but that's like any goog movie/series/movie.etc. I know I won't be complaining on an internet forum about how the developers don't listen to my every wish.

It's their game they decide how to make it. There are decisions in game design I don't agree with. 

As a 1068 logins player I'm totally fine with the rewards for the inbetween Nightwave series, in fact in my humble opinion we should have those daily/weekly objectives up all the time with wolf creds to earn to trade for those things that were rewarded in alerts before Nightwave, it works for other games it should work for Bugframe also.

15 hours ago, Obe-Ron-Kenobi said:

The only one I could see a bit of an issue with is the ephemera but like, no one knows what its initial purpose was anyway, and even so its just a little sparkly doo-dad that comes out your feet. Perhaps you can argue that this goes against the principle of ephemera acquisition, but considering how friggin rare it is to acquire one anyway I don't really see the issue. They were never a testament of skill, more so luck and dedication to grinding a mission, this is just another (different) grind.

The sigil was from Tactical alerts back then, but yes, i do agree the gamma and the sigil are a nice thing to newer players to get.

As for the ephemeras, they said at a devstream or some sort, when they first showed them, that ALL of them would be merit/challenge/milestone based. Then they went and made the worst case of RNG in years... so yeah, no reason to not give it away now that the others were also not merit based. Good thing is not RNG at least

hace 2 horas, Atekron dijo:

I don't know what is going on but Warframe lately brings me only disappointment, game became so disconnected from his player base and there isn't hope on horizon

How you dare to say that lol... Wf has already alot more content than most of " AAA " games such modes, gameplays, environment, weapons, builds, really big custom, dont forgot also its the most fair free to play game i ever played before. What  WF need is  just a some tweaks, like choose dificulty, rewards easy to get  but hard to make new  weapons, wf, etc, and ofc scale rewards with dificulty/ time played in mision.

i want umbra forma... why make umbra forma such an infrequent reward?? as an endgame player, my focus is on min-maxing frames and i would really hope that theres a way to get umbra forma more often, because otherwise there's not much else to do in the game.

e.g. aura forma drops in arbitration. great! i got myself 10 aura formas. i am happy with that. umbra forma on the other hand is disappointing to obtain.

2 minutes ago, angel_bee said:

i want umbra forma... why make umbra forma such and infrequent reward?? as an endgame player, my focus is on min-maxing frames and i would really hope that theres a way to get umbra forma more often, because otherwise there's not much else to do in the game.

e.g. aura forma drops in arbitration. great! i got myself 10 aura formas. i am happy with that. umbra forma on the other hand is disappointing to obtain.

Aside from the Ephemera, I have everything on that list.  

This is just a way for players to get Nitain until Series 2 comes out, it's not meant to further the story or have any impact beyond that, imo.

Archived