Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: INTERMISSION!

[DE]Megan

6 minutes ago, Niastebas said:

Hello there!

When will this inter-missions go online? 

It's Monday afternoon and nothing! Last week when you said "next week" - did it meant Monday, or Tuesday... or maybe Sunday?

Please be so kind and post a release date!

You need to take time zones into account. Monday afternoon for you is still early morning for DE, their office is very likely not even open yet. It's like 7:30 AM for them.

5 minutes ago, magnakoji said:

You need to take time zones into account. Monday afternoon for you is still early morning for DE, their office is very likely not even open yet. It's like 7:30 AM for them.

They could have made it available Midnight UTC if they wanted. 

8 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

They could have made it available Midnight UTC if they wanted. 

Could they have? I admit that I know nothing of coding or programming, but I assumed they needed to actively send it out at the time. They generally don't put out updates over the weekend because no one is there, either to trigger it if that's required, or to work on fixes it will need which is pretty much always needed with an update.

Someone posted: Rewards are just a joke to endgame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

LMAO, ITS AN INTERMISSION NIGHTWAVE!!!! I just love how everyone is crying cause they think the rewards from the Nightwave Intermission are crap. I like the rewards, who wouldn't want an extra 20k Kuva, 3 Forma Bundle, Orokin Reactor, Orokin Catalyst, Aura Forma & The EIDOLON EPHEMERA. I thought everyone had the Gamma color picker, hell Ive had it so long I don't even remember when I got it. But great choices on the rewards for an Intermission Nightwave DE. However you could of done a little better than the 3 Orokin Cells reward, but no ones perfect.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

I've never seen so many people grumpy about intermission in my life.

1. They took alerts away.
2. Introduced a contested new system that had the playerbase split.
3. Then ended it, with nothing, no news or replacement or old alerts placed back for weeks.
4. And now, finally, introduce a temporary "patch" to their setbacks, which tells me that the battlepass system isn't sustainable, not with their development cycles and other content they need to worry about, it just doesn't fit Warframe and clearly is too big of an investment to make for them and continue to support regularly without having it cut into the development of other projects.
And frankly I don't want Nightwave to take development time away from other interesting projects, it's just too boring and tedious to deserve the effort.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Kimimoto:

Let's hope those ambitious goals provide as many things to do as Nightwave does. Based on the past two open worlds, I'm going to press X to doubt and be sad.

ALSO WHAT ABOUT THE MORE IMPORTANT THING, where's the Disruption reward changes? Dev Workshop? Just going to slip in a new reward table that's marginally better and call it a day? Please don't, all these endgame modes aren't bad on their own, it's all about the rewards and getting better rewards for going against more challenging content. 

If Onslaught wasn't a C rotation and bail game mode, it would be played

If Arbitrations gave more Endo than Vodyanoi and had 5 minute reward intervals, it would be played

If Kuva Survival had scaling rewards or the booster system from endless fissures, it would be played

If Disruption gets rid of all the mods/resource "rewards" and puts something with actual value in their place, it will be played

The part of the playerbase who have nothing left to do would be happier and actually have something to do

I want to play this game, I want to play it! It's one of my favorite games! Give me a reason to play it please! I can't log on and off forever, give us something fun AND rewarding please.

Big true, wish DE would finally address the elephant in the room.

A lot of the endless missions haven't been touched since their inceptions, the rotations and rewards might have worked back in 2014 and 2015 but a lot has changed since then and these issues should thus be addressed. Redesigning old tilesets, the UI and particle effects is nice, giving us another tileset and more empty open worlds with content that lasts between a week and a month is also appreciated. But in the end this won't keep old players playing, we (well me atleast) seek challenges and useful & adequate rewards for said challenges, both of which are missing in the current iteration of the game.

Ugh, how is it possible DE you're investing time in nightwaves.

I get you wanted a more interesting system in alerts, but as previous posters have pointed out, your company simply does not have the time or resource to make nightwave interesting- You'd be replacing other, more valuable content. The only reason anyone "wants" nightwave intermission is because you've locked certain resources inside the system that players need to progress outside the system.

All in all, I have been playing a certain superhero game seeing a resurgence instead. This dead game on pirate servers has a better grasp of it's fanbase than DE currently does. 

i would suggest first build all nightwave for all year long that runs itself automatically the one ends the other begins and then remove alerts.

remove alerts and making it almost impossible to get nitains and other stuff is not a correct move. make all the nightwave first and then release it.

On 2019-06-07 at 7:06 PM, Radagosh said:

And I want them to focus on bringing back a reason to stay in a survival/defense/interception for more than 20 minutes or even better, not play capture isntead. I'd also love them to actually work on raids and bring them back. Remember kingpin, remember alliance conflicts? I'd love to get back to weekly updates with new weapons and baro releasing 2-3 new primed mods every time he visits, so people complained about not having enough endo and credits to max them.

But instead we get more and more of these "challenges" that everyone can do w/o even trying. Maybe it's just me being an elitist, toxic endgame player, but if I don't even have to try to get something I just don't see it as a reward. Participation trophees don't motivate me to reach my limits and get rewarded for it. Nightwave's "weekly"challenges will be done in the first 2 hours of play on Monday's and then it's going back to the normal cycle of log in, (do sorties), log out.

I for one believe it's time to stop focusing on the new player's experience, which lasts at least for a thousand hours by now and give us a reason to keep playing after reaching that treshhold.

PS: Nightwave and Alerts can coexist and removing the latter was a mistake, just like removing alliance conflicts, endless modes with one relic, and raids.

I completely agree with you on the last front, the long waiting period between last Nightwave and the next to come with nearly nothing to really keep players in game to earn rarer rewards or just entertain them was a mistake on their part. I do feel like, since they didn't have the next season ready the second the first ended, they could have just flipped alerts back on to tide things over while things were in the works. Better yet, like you said, there isn't any real reason why Nightwave and Alerts can't just exist at the same time. Instead of outright replacing it they could have just toned down rewards Alert wise if they really wanted to push players towards Nightwave. It just seems like there was a lack of foresight here.

Now as for the first bit of info, despite not being an endgame player I can entirely see how easy the challenges can be. It actually leads me to an idea that crossed my mind while playing, some sort of Prestige System integrated into Nightwave. Higher tier players that find it too easy would be given the option to completely reset their Nightwave rank and standing back to the beginning and start a sort of new game+ mode where the challenges have all doubled in difficulty/requirements while more difficult ones are spliced in. Rewards would increase and cosmetics would become more visually appealing, imagine the emblem changing to a gold, diamond, then platinum version of itself with more bombastic effects added in. More cosmetics, maybe even a Vandal or Prisma weapon hiding in there. Or maybe some way to change any normal weapon into one of the two, increasing it's stats? I guess what I'm saying is, there are a couple of ways to tackle this problem that could, and most likely would, be better then what's happening now.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Cosmic-TM:

Now as for the first bit of info, despite not being an endgame player I can entirely see how easy the challenges can be. It actually leads me to an idea that crossed my mind while playing, some sort of Prestige System integrated into Nightwave. Higher tier players that find it too easy would be given the option to completely reset their Nightwave rank and standing back to the beginning and start a sort of new game+ mode where the challenges have all doubled in difficulty/requirements while more difficult ones are spliced in. Rewards would increase and cosmetics would become more visually appealing, imagine the emblem changing to a gold, diamond, then platinum version of itself with more bombastic effects added in. More cosmetics, maybe even a Vandal or Prisma weapon hiding in there. Or maybe some way to change any normal weapon into one of the two, increasing it's stats? I guess what I'm saying is, there are a couple of ways to tackle this problem that could, and most likely would, be better then what's happening now.

I love you and that idea. Would have never thought about something like this - DE make it happen please.

There's just one problem I see, people complaining about not getting it, because it's too hard. With the old excuse of being "forced" to stay longer in a specific meta, they might not have access to and the accompanied elitism that comes from bringing along players that don't fit this meta.

So while I, you and many others would probably love this idea, I am afraid of DE not being willing to add it, due to the very system being exclusive to anything but high end players. Even though it would give other players a reason to reach for this high-end status.

The new changes to challenges looks better, although I have to try them, when the game lets us do the challenges.

A few problems.

1. Poor name of this Nightwave "intermission"? I thought Nightwave after May 19 was a pause or break with almost nothing to do. Naming this Nightwave "intermission" seems wrong. I rather call this Nightwave 1.5 or something better. Look up dictionary. https://www.google.com/search?q=intermission+dictionary

2. There was over 3 weeks of mostly nothing, and now finally there is something about Nightwave that isn't available yet. Still waiting...

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

The new changes to challenges looks better, although I have to try them, when the game lets us do the challenges.

A few problems.

1. Poor name of this Nightwave "intermission"? I thought Nightwave after May 19 was a pause or break with almost nothing to do. Naming this Nightwave "intermission" seems wrong. I rather call this Nightwave 1.5 or something better. Look up dictionary. https://www.google.com/search?q=intermission+dictionary

2. There was over 3 weeks of mostly nothing, and now finally there is something about Nightwave that isn't available yet. Still waiting...

1: I'm pretty sure 'Intermission' is referring not so much to the 'Pause or break' part of the dictionary definition and more to the 'Interval between two parts' side of that. Nightwave 1.5 sounds like a bad sequel to a movie that the film production company didn't really believe in, so gave it a half-cocked title.

2: They're simul-casting Nightwave on all platforms. Generally the way Sony for instance permits updates to the PS4 version of the game is on a 'cert' basis. Generally how long it takes for 1.5 to go up is entirely dependant on how long it takes for a build to go through certification. It's out of DE's hands.

On 2019-06-07 at 10:07 PM, MlecznySmok said:

Rewards are just a joke to engame players. No armors? Syandana? You had so much time. Totally disappointed as a 6 year warframe player 😞

Many posts are like this, are endgame players the main point of the game? Many endgamers, or at least they consider they are, are selfish complainers that just care about themselves, learn to see anything as a whole community comprising of all players, new and old. Based on your comment, i guess you have no idea how to make a game. And if u want cosmetic, u can buy tenno gen. And learn to be thankful.

2 часа назад, Libpea сказал:

Many posts are like this, are endgame players the main point of the game? Many endgamers, or at least they consider they are, are selfish complainers that just care about themselves, learn to see anything as a whole community comprising of all players, new and old. Based on your comment, i guess you have no idea how to make a game. And if u want cosmetic, u can buy tenno gen. And learn to be thankful.

well, endgame players are guys who operate with alot of plat (which is basicaly money for DE), buying stuff for real money (like tennogen or plat  for new delux thngs), so i guess yes? 

All coins have two faces, and trouble with reward list must attend both - I'm far away from endgame tier, but really, I need only Kuva from this (Kuva farm missions are too annoying), my low/mid MR clanners have other hardship at hand - a bunch of "challenges" are hard/impossible or utterly MR/progress locked.

So DE march on path that thinned player-base of so many games - "Start an event with rewards that HI-LVL don't need, and LOW-LVL can't get..."

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Umbranoir:

2: They're simul-casting Nightwave on all platforms. Generally the way Sony for instance permits updates to the PS4 version of the game is on a 'cert' basis. Generally how long it takes for 1.5 to go up is entirely dependant on how long it takes for a build to go through certification. It's out of DE's hands.

And this point is nearly senseless. pc-gamers have to wait weeks / months until the slowmotion-consoles cert's are ready? why? we can't play together (cross-platforms will never be available). 😉

Archived