i have a friend who just started playing. he needs nitain. this is a welcome change. it doesn't need to be viable for endgame content, all it needs to do is allow us to continue to get alert only resources. thanks DE.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

You must be new here.

Lol, yup, looking forward to the day I'm a disgruntled vet 😋 .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Welcoming the mid-season for those who never met an aura mod as they started playing in the last 3 week/didn't reach the requied rank to buy one. Or cannot craft the latest warframe because it includes an unobtanable resource and didn't stock up enough before the drought. Even if the rewards aren't the greatest, it is still way better system for the majority than having nothing. A bit late, but at least we know DE reads/knows about the inconvinience of the mid-season. I still think S1 shouldn't have ended until it had an alternativa/continuation.  You know having logged on somewhen in 2014 August makes you really super-veteran and worthy of an exclusive colours similar to others."Don't hand out rewards without work." Gets upset when others have to work for it, not just log in. What's next, getting upset that operation weapons are included in invasions.Then unvaulting? 

Edited by niutp
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

For me these are pretty good. Ive struggled to justify buying a new color pallete so that reward sits pretty good with me.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

latest?cb=20110628004224

4 hours ago, ArcioShiranai said:

what a useless rewards

No. 

Though I really would've appreciated an umbra forma...

Edit: And those 3 orokin cells... (Excalibur disgust face)

Edited by Maka.Bones

What did you guys expect when they said the ephemera is going to be achievement-based

What do you even expect from achievements in a friggin shooter

Nightwave challenges look exactly the same as Warframe's non-Mastery-related achievements

4 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

The proposed catch-up mechanic goes against the degrindification point. To access missed challenges we have to grind to finish all of the currently active challenges. This is contradiction of intents.

How? If all the previous challenges were available to you at the beginning, you'd still do the same number of challenges. It doesn't matter what order to do them in, and even then you're lucky they're even implementing it in the first place. The new challenges will be shorter and less numerous, so it'll take less time to get the old challenges as well.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Do you actually work at DE? Do you have firsthand experience with their work process? If you do, very well. If you don't, be quiet!

It's clear they are spread thin right now, what with work towards Railjack, getting the console versions of the Jovian Concord into CERT on top of preparations for Tennocon next month. Expecting them to do all that and get Nightwave Season 2 synched on all platforms is flat out unreasonable. Be thankful they even added this intermission season so we're not all sitting around with our thumbs up our asses. (Though you clearly need to pull your head out of yours).

You're basically right and i agree, but you have to admit that having all those things at the same time, nightwave syncing, tennocon, getting stuff into cert, railjack, now nightwave season 1.5 AND there is plague star next week.... is basically because of their own (pretty bad) scheduling. If they would've planned the time after nightwave season 1 properly, we would not have several weeks of downtime between seasons and there would be no need for a filler season, and they would have time for jovian concord and then tennocon etc...

Now you could say that they had to (hopefully) implement a lot of changes to nightwave because of general bad community response - but that again was due to DE not pre-checking their ideas and plans ahead with the community. Launching it without player feedback and on all systems at the same time - which then prevented them from doing quick and proper fixes. I'd say that 90% of the problems with nightwave could've been fixed even before it started.

They should've had at least 3 seasons planned and layed out before launching the first one and then (this is still valid) have at least one person continously working on the next season as it's an ongoing thing replacing the completely autonomous and maintenance free alert system. I was having doubts that DE could pull that off, learning from many promises to regularly update and rotate reward tables from sorties, arbitrations etc. Sadly i was right.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you DE! Though I still have some criticism that I strongly feel should be considered.

1. Nightwave creds need to be consistent throughout the entire Nightwave, for each rank
Those who need the rewards from the creds shop the most have the hardest time doing all acts each week (usually the newer players). Those who can do every acts don't need most of what the shop has in stores. Additionally, Prestige grants credits, but the people who can reach that are, again, the people who need cred shop items the less. Credit gain was my first worry and criticism before release and still is to this day. Catchup mechanics seem nice, but it doesn't change the points I brought very much. I believe at the very least, each rank should give a number of credits, maybe 15.

As another example of possible solution, if we still have a similar "fugitive capture" system in the next one, players should be given credits with EACH rank ups and each fugitive captures because of the points of my first post. That way, newer players can get rewarded more often and make purchases from the shop, and it rewards people from simply playing the game.

2. Bounty counts should be for bounty STAGES, not complete bounties
Halving the numbers may not change the low engagement in bounty variety for Nightwave by design. People may still be inclined on picking the lowest tier bounty and repeating that task (or Stage 2 of Profit-Taker if it's on the Vallis) because that's the quickest and most efficient solution. Technically, you're being punished (in time investment) for doing higher tiers. Reducing from 10 to 5 will not change that fact.

Proposed change: count the Bounty STAGES instead of whole bounty. For example, if you make it 15 stages required for a weekly, it will take 5 runs of low-tier bounties (which would match the 5 total bounties of your current proposed change), 4 runs of mid-tier, or 3 runs of high-tier. This may make players feel less strong-armed to play low bounties on repeat, as we won't be "penalized" in time-investment for picking higher tiers. Rather, we'll be rewarded if we're able to handle that tier. You'll also be able to kill two birds with one stone should higher-tier bounties have rewards you're looking for (Augur Secrets, etc).

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

How? If all the previous challenges were available to you at the beginning, you'd still do the same number of challenges.

I would do the challenges i'm interest in (= enjoying the game) and skipping all the boring chores (= skipping grind). Same standings x week, no grind, no pointless repetition of useless missions.

>‘10 perfect Conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect Conservations’.

This brings up a concern - all the flying types of conservation creatures are STILL bugging into the landscape/mushrooms, making them unable to be captured. Can we please get a fix for this?

Oh God, Nightwave and its list of chores. Just seeing that again is such a turn off. Worst addition to the game by far. At least remove the Ayatan challenge before season 2. It's pointless to not fill sculptures until Nightwave asks you to. That's not a challenge or an activity or anything. It's just arbitrary and stupid.

• Applause 1

Please be sure to provide dates for how long all this new content will last, just saying "for a limited time" will frustrate many people again when they realize they won't be able to unlock all the rewards when a concrete end date is suddenly announced.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

‘10 perfect Conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect Conservations’.

How is this any better? This doesn't fit in at all and should be REMOVED. Not to mention how you have the requirement on completing EVERYTHING in order to get access to missed weeks...

Surprised you are even bringing Nightwave back from what even your Partners are saying about it. I would rather play Arbitrations and whatnot than do this. All Nightwave does is add player stress. At least with other systems that use tokens/points (Fissures, Arbitrations, Syndicates, etc) the player can do it at their own pace and token/points don't magically become worthless at some kind of end date.

Why not make more LASTING content then being so darn event based? Add more rewards to syndicates or Arbitrations --- or heck, even make that new game mode on Jupiter actually drop tokens (used for those new amalgam mods, etc).

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Biosko said:

Why remove the friend mission. I barely get a reason to do something with my clanmates even though I want to.

You don't need Nightwave to specifically tell you to play with a friend. Now you can play with a friend, a clanmate, in public or solo if you want to. It's your choice. NW forcing us to co-op when we didn't want to or it wasn't possible for us was annoying and this is a great change.

• Applause 2

Posted (edited)

I guess I can't really complain... thank you to all the people that complained, it's hard to complain about you getting them putting Nightwave to easy mode.  Those changes to the challenges means I would accidentally do probably all of them in a day (minus the sortie one obv). 

There's pretty much zero challenge here.  But again, gift-horse and all that.

Edited by (XB1)behem0th x

Next time, don't end the previous season without having the next one ready to ship... Because this two weeks were ridiculous, and that season's rewards is worse.
Just make the Prestige ranks have decent evergreen rewards.

About the Intermission... I don't think that stuff you can only use once (like a gamma color picker and the Rift Sigil) should be available as evergreen rewards (i don't even think that fits the term). I know you guys are kind of blind to the obvious sometimes (having flashbacks of 8 rounds of ESO with only REPEATED captura scenes as rewards), but single-use rewards are not fit for recurrent reward tables.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh no, what are you doing DE...

We were right after all, it's super clear you should never delete first season currency. "Intermission" rewards are very mediocre, 10k Kuva is a joke.

I don't expect full transparency, maybe you have problems community should not know about but we need more stuff injected into the game as well as new regular updates to Zaw/Kitgun parts and maybe weekly events on top of Nora. KEEP IT FRESH, KEEP US ACTIVE.

Maybe you are already in Tenncon mode but at least fix broken UI and rethink your release schedule strategy.

@MlecznySmok this is just to tide ppl over until the main act so ppl can still get nitain n S#&$, why you getting mad that a little tide along in a free game isnt give you a load of free cosmetics