Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Thalassalyst, Sentient Terror of The Deep

LostEpoch

My latest commission is finally finished. Inspired by the Tarakava from Bionicle.

Enjoy!

"The Vessel traveled quickly through the water.

It felt like the trip had lasted a millennium. Tyl Regor stood alert at the helm, trying to spot their destination through the dark, murky waters of Uranus' great ocean.

He and his elite troops were on route to a newly constructed lab facility, a routine inspection before they move permanently to this new location. Recent encounters with the Tenno had rendered the old facility unfit for further use.

A small flash of movement caught the scientists eye but when he looked whatever it was had vanished.

Probably a Lanx shark, he thought to himself. That species was commonly found throughout this sector.

With a large thud, something struck the rear engine of the vessel, damaging it and stranding them.

As emergency crews were about to be contacted, a colossal sentient emerged from the dark. This beast was bulky yet agile, built for blunt force attacks.

Regor's mind was racing to come up with a solution when the intercom light on the vessels control board started flashing. He connected to the signal with caution.

A familiar voice filled his audio receptors.

The Lotus.

'Regor, I have a proposal...'"

thalassalyst_by_forgotten_epoch_dd8rwep-

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Cman100 said:

Wow...that's amazing. But i dont think it's likely we will ever see it in game since it might be too much work and the new war is coming

Thank you! I don't expect anything I design to end up in game but I really do enjoy designing and creating them!

5 minutes ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

This is really good! 

and it reminds me of your previous underwater sentient, I forget its name but it looked like a squid

Thank you! Ah the kraken! Similar yes, but I tried to apply the Sentient style better to this one

4 hours ago, Blakrana said:

Always interesting to see your latest "Sentient Megafauna" sketches. Especially with how well you keep track of relative sizes, scale and overall sense of depth for these designs. 

Best of luck with the next pieces.

I'm glad you enjoy them! I'm taking a small break from my sentient sketches to finish up a concept painting for a hydroid deluxe skin that I have been working in for a while, but I'll be back to it after.