Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe for the Google Stadia, anyone?

Seeing the way that Destiny 2 will 'available' in stadia, stadia can't crash and burn fast enough.

Quite frankly, anybody who is still interested in stadia at all, should try reading actually competent sources instead of facebook.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, (XB1)Taz Deduction said:

Stadia is going to take the game world by storm. Google has come up with the first REAL solution to game software piracy and the whole industry is going to jump on board. Please DE, I love this game and want it on Stadia and to migrate my Xbox account.

The rest of you, I suggest buying Google stock before November.

You-Serious.gif

Seriously friend, stop taking whatever it is you're taking that made you reach this absolutely ridiculous conclusion and join us in the real world, where Stadia will just be one of the countless failed Google products, thanks to reality getting in the way of this dream of a very distant future.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

You-Serious.gif

Seriously friend, stop taking whatever it is you're taking that made you reach this absolutely ridiculous conclusion and join us in the real world, where Stadia will just be one of the countless failed Google products, thanks to reality getting in the way of this dream of a very distant future.

Failed? The entire internet exists around Google. Their Fi cell phone service is top notch too, especially if you travel to other countries.

5 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

What's your point? That they failed to success? Them and every other mogul.

Furthermore, many of these services have not "died". Google Voice and Hangouts are now part of Google Fi, their fantastic international cell phone service. Actually, thanks to Google Voice, I've had the same phone number for 25 years. It's a real trip for me to receive calls to this same number on my cell phone now. Even funnier, that it's a US number and I get the calls in London Ontario, a few blocks from DE headquarters.

Edited by (XB1)Taz Deduction

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Taz Deduction said:

Say what you want, but the innate anti piracy aspect of their concept will push the entire industry towards this and any service like it. Y'all might be too young to realize how much of an issue piracy has been to this industry the past 30 years.

1. How does anti-piracy factor in ANY WAY to a free to play online game?
2. Yeah, such a big issue that it leads to increased product sales, better exposure to the product and better exposure of future products. Stop swallowing the AAA bullS#&$, next you're gonna tell me loot boxes are ethical.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Taz Deduction said:

What's your point? That they failed to success? Them and every other mogul.

Furthermore, many of these services have not "died". Google Voice and Hangouts are now part of Google Fi, their fantastic international cell phone service. Actually, thanks to Google Voice, I've had the same phone number for 25 years. It's a real trip for me to receive calls to this same number on my cell phone now.

What's your point? How do you know that Stadia is going to succeed, when realistically, the internet infrastructure necessary to sustain such a project's success is non-existent across the world. Face reality mate, Stadia will not make ISPs suddenly get sooo much better, and Google won't suddenly supply the entire world with Google Fiber just to ensure Stadia's success. Stadia is sent out to die in the current environment, and nothing but a godlike miracle will change that.

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

1. How does anti-piracy factor in ANY WAY to a free to play online game?
2. Yeah, such a big issue that it leads to increased product sales, better exposure to the product and better exposure of future products. Stop swallowing the AAA bullS#&$, next you're gonna tell me loot boxes are ethical.

What's your point? How do you know that Stadia is going to succeed, when realistically, the internet infrastructure necessary to sustain such a project's success is non-existent across the world. Face reality mate, Stadia will not make ISPs suddenly get sooo much better, and Google won't suddenly supply the entire world with Google Fiber just to ensure Stadia's success. Stadia is sent out to die in the current environment, and nothing but a godlike miracle will change that.

Loot boxes and anti piracy are ethical matters, but that's their only relation. I don't think Loot boxes are any more ethical than piracy, so I don't really see your point.. again.

If you don't want to invest or buy Stadia membership... then don't! You don't have to agree with me. But if you don't mind... or actually even if you DO mind, I'm going to buy the founders pack and have already put some $$$ into Google.

So there it is. The end.

4 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

"We have no plans to release on Stadia at this time. 

(one cool thing to consider though is that all missions would be hosted on the Stadia servers)"

From: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1101062-warframe-for-the-google-stadia-anyone/?do=findComment&comment=10811143

Because we love it when the host leaves a game, right?!?

On 2019-06-07 at 3:04 PM, [DE]Drew said:

We have no plans to release on Stadia at this time. 

(one cool thing to consider though is that all missions would be hosted on the Stadia servers)

*Hmmm, this is supposed to be a reply on another thread*

Not sure what happened here

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Taz Deduction said:

Because we love it when the host leaves a game, right?!?

I'm sorry, are you under the delusion that being polemic with a moderator who's reminding you DE's official position can help your cause?

You earlier speculated that maybe everyone here is too young to understand what you understand. But, truth to be told, you sound half my age.

5 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

I'm sorry, are you under the delusion that being polemic with a moderator who's reminding you DE's official position can help your cause?

You earlier speculated that maybe everyone here is too young to understand what you understand. But, truth to be told, you sound half my age.

That's DE's official position, for now. This said, the post also acknowledges the advantages, or did you miss that part in favor of your narrative?

Furthermore, what about my comment seemed combative with the moderator to you? Quite the opposite actually. Again, revealing the bias of your perspective. 

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Taz Deduction said:

Stadia is going to take the game world by storm. Google has come up with the first REAL solution to game software piracy and the whole industry is going to jump on board. Please DE, I love this game and want it on Stadia and to migrate my Xbox account.

But consider: Input lag. On the initial reveal. In-house with Google.

A lot of places simply don't have the internet to be able to pull off Stadia. A lot of markets. Googles a decade too early, at least, unless they plan to dedicate their huge resources to upgrading the planet's network.

I have no doubt game streaming is the future. I have very, very many that it is the near future.

28 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

But consider: Input lag. On the initial reveal. In-house with Google.

A lot of places simply don't have the internet to be able to pull off Stadia. A lot of markets. Googles a decade too early, at least, unless they plan to dedicate their huge resources to upgrading the planet's network.

I have no doubt game streaming is the future. I have very, very many that it is the near future.

10 years from now, they'd say the same thing. You have to realize, once the industry realizes it's inherently anti-piracy, they'll MAKE IT WORK.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Taz Deduction said:

I hope Google and the other snoops are busted up by the G men. But it probably won't happen.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Taz Deduction said:

10 years from now, they'd say the same thing. You have to realize, once the industry realizes it's inherently anti-piracy, they'll MAKE IT WORK.

It's not up to the industry.

If Stadia doesn't play well, then it won't sell. Simple as.

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's not up to the industry.

If Stadia doesn't play well, then it won't sell. Simple as.

I don't have much concern about how the games will play. There are lots of videos on that topic that give me great confidence. That said, I'm not sure you understand just how much of a problem piracy has been for the game industry over the past 3 decades. You won't be able to get a game without it being on some streaming service of some kind soon. If you like games at all, you'll only be able to get them on a streaming service. Simple as that.

Just now, (XB1)Taz Deduction said:

I don't have much concern about how the games will play. There are lots of videos on that topic that give me great confidence. That said, I'm not sure you understand just how much of a problem piracy has been for the game industry over the past 3 decades. You won't be able to get a game without it being on some streaming service of some kind soon. If you like games at all, you'll only be able to get them on a streaming service. Simple as that.

I'm not entirely sure how much you grasp one other, very important fact. Pirates are what people turn to when the big companies fail them. When Netflix was all there was, piracy dropped hugely because it provided a better service than pirating discs. But then the big companies jumped on the bandwagon, and started developing their own platforms. And guess what rose right back up in response?

Like it or not, Pirates will find a way. Adversity is the mother of invention. It is up to the Industry to provide a better service to stop piracy.

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm not entirely sure how much you grasp one other, very important fact. Pirates are what people turn to when the big companies fail them. When Netflix was all there was, piracy dropped hugely because it provided a better service than pirating discs. But then the big companies jumped on the bandwagon, and started developing their own platforms. And guess what rose right back up in response?

Like it or not, Pirates will find a way. Adversity is the mother of invention. It is up to the Industry to provide a better service to stop piracy.

Oh no... I've found the better quality the game, the more it gets pirated. So your point is mute.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Taz Deduction said:

Oh no... I've found the better quality the game, the more it gets pirated. So your point is mute.

These two points are far from mutually exclusive. 

Game of Thrones is one of the most heavily pirated things on HBO. It is considered one of the best shows, final season notwithstanding. It's also exclusive to that platform.