Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solution to Nightwave issues

METAHUMVN

So guys I know that this idea has probably already been brought up but it seems like an obvious solution to the Nightwave issue. 

Why can't we have eternal nightwave creds? Why does each season have to use "new" creds? Why can't the Nightwave offering store always be live? 

I feel all of this Nightwave intermission/I can't get nitain/where is muh Nightwave stuff would be fixed if DE did the following: 

1. Use the same Nightwave creds all year around. 

2. Always have the Nightwave store up and available and on rotation. 

3. Don't put a "time" on Nightwave; rather just have the 30 tiers like they've always had. Don't tie it "Week 2" or "Week 7" of Nightwave like some battle pass system. Just have it tier-based (which they already kinda did). 

4. Don't have "downtime" between Nightwave seasons. Just keep the old season up until the new one comes out. 

5. The "new" season should be new "tier" rewards and new stories, but it shouldn't affect our current nightwave creds or the offerings in the store (which are basically the same things all the time anyway). 

I know DE is already doing a lot of this stuff to an extent. The main thing I'm saying is that DE shouldn't end the previous Nightwave season before the new one can start, and that the nightwave creds should be "eternal" and usable all around in a perpetually available Nightwave store. In essence, I really think that Nora and her "Radio Legion" should operate more like a perennial syndicate with consistently available offerings like the rest of the other syndicates. Except, Nora is special because she has weekly challenges and story episodes and stuff. 

Perhaps this could even serve to boost the other syndicates eventually. Imagine if, for example, Red Veil had their own story and tier progression system. You can earn standing by doing their challenges and buy their offerings (which are always available) + seasonable tier rewards. That way, people could really engage more with their beloved syndicate and really "work" for them on a daily basis. Now I know this would probably be impractical in terms of DE's workload any player commitment, but you get the idea. 

Edited by METAHUMVN

1) Meh, could lead to no lifers having tons of aura mods to sell
2) Yes, at least for people slow to use their credits before the next season starts
3) If its open people are going to farm like crazy for endless potatos / mods to sell
4) With  the catch-up mech they added this should be the case
5) Kind of the same thing as #1

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, METAHUMVN said:

. Use the same Nightwave creds all year around. 

3. Don't put a "time" on Nightwave; rather just have the 30 tiers like they've always had. Don't tie it "Week 2" or "Week 7" of Nightwave like some battle pass system. Just have it tier-based (which they already kinda did). 

4. Don't have "downtime" between Nightwave seasons. Just keep the old season up until the new one comes out. 

You clearly don't get the concept of  "time limited events", do you? :facepalm:

If you recall, the old Alert system was even more time limited.

14 minutes ago, METAHUMVN said:

5. The "new" season should be new "tier" rewards and new stories, but it shouldn't affect our current nightwave creds or the offerings in the store (which are basically the same things all the time anyway). 

In all likelihood they will be, since they gave us the advice of "use them or lose them" with regard to Wolf Creds. If you didn't spend them before the end of the event (or catch-up period)...tough luck. We were given fair warning.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zelmen said:

Sell to who ? 

If there's no timer then theres no rush to get Corrosive Projection...

9 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

In all likelihood they will be, since they gave us the advice of "use them or lose them" with regard to Wolf Creds. If you didn't spend them before the end of the event (or catch-up period)...tough luck. We were given fair warning.

Fair Warning on an Unfair System...

11 hours ago, Zelmen said:

2) Yes, at least for people slow to use their credits before the next season starts
3) If its open people are going to farm like crazy for endless potatos / mods to sell
4) With  the catch-up mech they added this should be the case
5) Kind of the same thing as #1

How exactly does credits not expiring and the store staying open result in people having more mods to sell? The current system forces you to spend them or lose them which incentives turning them into aura mods to sell for ridiculous prices to new players who are locked out of getting them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

If you recall, the old Alert system was even more time limited.

Except that if the reward you wanted came up, you just got it. No ifs, no buts, no strings attached. That item was yours. Then consider the sheer quantity of alerts that came up.

Nightwave is not and can never be a replacement for the old alerts system.

• Like 1

Nightwave is mainly there to drive engagement and get people to play the game by presenting little challenges. If they let you save up credits people would play less.

There’s been a lot of things added to warframe that ended up being not very popular, so DE is probs trying to avoid that.

23 hours ago, METAHUMVN said:

So guys I know that this idea has probably already been brought up but it seems like an obvious solution to the Nightwave issue. 

Why can't we have eternal nightwave creds? Why does each season have to use "new" creds? Why can't the Nightwave offering store always be live? 

I feel all of this Nightwave intermission/I can't get nitain/where is muh Nightwave stuff would be fixed if DE did the following: 

1. Use the same Nightwave creds all year around. 

I know DE is already doing a lot of this stuff to an extent. The main thing I'm saying is that DE shouldn't end the previous Nightwave season before the new one can start, and that the nightwave creds should be "eternal" and usable all around in a perpetually available Nightwave store. In essence, I really think that Nora and her "Radio Legion" should operate more like a perennial syndicate with consistently available offerings like the rest of the other syndicates. Except, Nora is special because she has weekly challenges and story episodes and stuff. 

Perhaps this could even serve to boost the other syndicates eventually. Imagine if, for example, Red Veil had their own story and tier progression system. You can earn standing by doing their challenges and buy their offerings (which are always available) + seasonable tier rewards. That way, people could really engage more with their beloved syndicate and really "work" for them on a daily basis. Now I know this would probably be impractical in terms of DE's workload any player commitment, but you get the idea. 

Yeah just delete Nightwave , nobody asked for it anyways .

On 2019-06-08 at 3:35 AM, Rogunz said:

How exactly does credits not expiring and the store staying open result in people having more mods to sell? The current system forces you to spend them or lose them which incentives turning them into aura mods to sell for ridiculous prices to new players who are locked out of getting them.

It's one thing for the shop to stay open so people that didn't have a chance to use their credits can. I am agreeing with that. It's another when some people got past the "last" rank by 30-40 ranks and have so many credits that if there is something new added to the shop in the following season if can ruin it for others. Yes Aura mods are not a huge market but it still adds to the issue that can come from allowing credits to roll over to new seasons. 

On 2019-06-07 at 9:48 PM, METAHUMVN said:

The answer simple: DE is greedy for our time.