Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Robotic Weapons need serious buffs.

Braken

The currently available choices for robotic companion weapons are almost all insanely weak. The only somewhat usable ones are Sweeper Prime and Artax, and even then, they pale in comparison to how much damage Kubrows and Kavats can put out.

Robotic weapons are long overdue for updates/buffs. Make them actually useful.

Also,

Edited by Braken
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Dimorpho said:

we DO have the arca plasmos and the amprex so i slightly disagree

I'm talking about weapons that can only be put on Sentinels and MOAs. Not Corpus weapons that our Warframes can use.

Deconstructor Prime is ridiculously OP if you do a Condition Overload build. I've had missions where my companion gets more kills than I do from that.

Its currently bugged on MOAs though, since its considered a melee weapon instead of a rifle, MOAs shoot the projectiles out from their Feet (where their stomp melee location is set) instead of their head turret. Which makes it hard for them to hit enemies when the ground isn't perfectly flat...

vor 15 Stunden schrieb (PS4)haphazardlynamed:

Deconstructor Prime is ridiculously OP if you do a Condition Overload build. I've had missions where my companion gets more kills than I do from that.

Its currently bugged on MOAs though, since its considered a melee weapon instead of a rifle, MOAs shoot the projectiles out from their Feet (where their stomp melee location is set) instead of their head turret. Which makes it hard for them to hit enemies when the ground isn't perfectly flat...

Wait, the Deconstruct or isn't Helius exclusive anymore? Or is it just another bug again? 

1 minute ago, bubbabenali said:

Wait, the Deconstruct or isn't Helius exclusive anymore? Or is it just another bug again? 

All robotic weapons can be put on any robotic companion. You could put a Sweeper on Helius, if you wanted.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Braken:

All robotic weapons can be put on any robotic companion. You could put a Sweeper on Helius, if you wanted.

Deconstructor (Prime) are intended to be Helius (Prime) exclusive. 

It was possible to equip the standard one on other Sentinels for a while but DE fixed that when they released Helius Prime. So I'm a little confused that Moas can equip them. 

Edited by bubbabenali

3 hours ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

I dont know, I've been happy with my stinger forever.  Decent riven for it and its set.

Rivens don't count. You shouldn't need a Riven to make a weapon usable.

In fact, I personally think Rivens should've never been added to the game, but that's for a different discussion. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind a very slight buff to these weapons, but don't forget that kavats and kubrows can only attack from melee range, which is worsened by terrible AI and frequent pathfinding issues. Sentinels can keep shooting, while k&k tend to only attack once in a blue moon.

Edited by Robolaser
  • Like 1

Some are pretty awful, some are okay.

The worst portent for improvements, though, is that they added like four new robotic weapons in the Fortuna update, and they're some of the worst robotic weapons in the game instead of power-creep improvements like most weapon releases are.

On 2019-06-07 at 3:02 PM, Braken said:

The currently available choices for robotic companion weapons are almost all insanely weak. The only somewhat usable ones are Sweeper Prime and Artax, and even then, they pale in comparison to how much damage Kubrows and Kavats can put out.

Robotic weapons are long overdue for updates/buffs. Make them actually useful.

You spelled "Vulklok" wrong

On 2019-06-10 at 3:08 PM, Braken said:

Rivens don't count. You shouldn't need a Riven to make a weapon usable.

In fact, I personally think Rivens should've never been added to the game, but that's for a different discussion. 

And then when you make it usable with a Riven (Artax) DE throws a tantrum and adds some trash code so you no longer get rivens for it.

Cryotra is an amazing robotic weapon for CC. It's not Deconstructor or Vulklok, but you can pump out guaranteed Blast/Electricity procs with it very quickly. Since you don't use it for damage, you don't even need a potato. Not that you should ever rely on your pet to do your killing IMO...

A 100% status CC no potato build:

Thermite Rounds, Rime Rounds, High Voltage, Rifle Aptitude (Rank 6 only!), Continuous Misery (Rank 6 only!)

NOTE: Cryotra has a built-in madurai polarity which is why this all fits!

Other than that, I agree! All the other robotic weapons are pretty terrible! Even Vulklok is not that great with 0.15 rounds/sec fire rate. Artax is not that great even with the guaranteed cold proc... Deconstructor can put out a lot of damage though!

EDIT: I guess Continuous Misery doesn't do anything for Blast knockdowns or Electric stuns.

Edited by nslay

The only real viable options right now are Cryotra or Prisma Burst Laser built purely for status (and no damage because it's s*** anyway).

I don't really mind robotic weapons only being viable for status proc support, but can we at least acknowledge it, and make it so most if not all weapons are viable in that field?

Edited by Mattoropael