Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed chamber, does it really need to be so exclusive?

Primed chamber is the one true "ultra rare mod" in the game, but does really deserve it's exclusivity now?

100% more damage on your first shot on snipers is helpful but i could just get a riven that has more damage for every shot in the mag.

Should Primed chamber be put intonthe game, shouldnit remain extremely exclusive or replaced by something more valuable?

• Like 2

It really doesn't... And I really don't know why it isn't just released. I mean, it's not an essential mod, which means it doesn't harm not having it since it'd be mostly rare, but it also doesn't make any sense to have that kind of rarity. Well, no reason ofc, apart from stooges who actually went and bought it for bragging rights, or people who'd complain because they have won it and want  (you guessed) bragging rights. In other words the biggest reason against it would be a greatly reduced group of elitist people, which the game "claims" to be going away from.

Disclaimer: I don't even want it. Not for builds, not for collection or anything. It's a mod like any other in my eyes. And if I ever won one I'd most likely sell it since the plat would be far more worth it than the mod, assuming I got it as rare as it is now. Otherwise it'd be just a nice addition.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Why is this mod treated like the holy grail of mods, when it's for only one weapon category and does so little? If it's treated like that shouldn't it be something valuable instead of obsolete?

Cuz some of peeps are so dumb that they don't see far away from their legs!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Why is this mod treated like the holy grail of mods, when it's for only one weapon category and does so little? If it's treated like that shouldn't it be something valuable instead of obsolete?

value doesn't come from stats, not entirely anyways, it comes from exclusivity and rarity which this mod has. they're not releasing it because people pay big money for it. ofc they have so release a few more now and then so the market flows which they haven't done 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Supply and demand. In this case demand not for the mod itself but bragging rights and elitism ofc. Or a plat-to-item plat conversion, even if a risky one.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

7 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Why does this bother you so much? Why do people believe the world is flat? Why does the word why start with a w. 

This are things we’ll never know. 

• Like 1

Easy fix: Primed Chamber is added to baro's rotation like all other primed mods

But fire2box, what of existing ones? Their value is lost!

Three words, Primed Primed Mods. Prime mods that have an addition Primed added to it's name. or ya know just make them into special peculiar mods.

Primed Chamber is more of a traders status symbol than anything else I think.

Where some people compete for longest survival/defense, others will compete for complete mod collections, fashionframe, others compete to see who has the most plat/percieved account value. Though it might be seen as a bit shallow, its what people enjoy doing, and having a huge pile of plat -and- the rarest mod in the game is a pretty dang good way to show just how loaded they are.

Should it be valued as high as it is? Probably not, but do most people care about it like, at all? No. So who cares really?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Actually i don't want it, I can just use a riven and get triple the damage output. 

Primed Chamber is calculated after modding much like Bane mods. You double your damage on first shot. Riven Mods enhance this further. It's not the most amazing mod in the game, but it is pretty interesting on some setups. The price however is no reflection of its statistical advantage.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Much like raids most don't know it even exists. 

Raids were content removed from the game that everyone had access to so long as a key was built.

Primed Chamber is a mod for sniper rifles, unobtainable except through trading or if there is a special giveaway.

I don't really understand the connection you are trying to make. Lack of publicity and public knowledge? OK I guess?

3 minutes ago, Giantconch said:

Raids were content removed from the game that everyone had access to so long as a key was built.

Primed Chamber is a mod for sniper rifles, unobtainable except through trading or if there is a special giveaway.

I don't really understand the connection you are trying to make. Lack of publicity and public knowledge? OK I guess?

Saying people don't care about ____ when they don't even known it exist is simply wrong.