Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed chamber, does it really need to be so exclusive?

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

You implied that by making this thread. I implied that like three times, I thought it was perfectly clear. Guess not.

Despite this thread about weather or not the mod should remain so exclusive when there's better options out their stop forcing your narrative in my mouth.

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Despite this thread about weather or not the mod should remain so exclusive when there's better options out their stop forcing your narrative in my mouth.

I have no interest in forcing my anything into your anything, I'm just stating the obvious.

It should remain so exclusive.  In terms of gameplay importance, it's basically irrelevant.  Whether or not it should've been exclusive, well, that's just playing alternate history "what if".  As of now. it's super exclusivity is the only thing noteworthy about it - remove it, and it might as well be Warm Coat, destined to simply be forgotten entirely.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

I mean, the mod is pretty terrible on any sniper except for Vectis/Vectis Prime. It's basically an augment of Vectis.

Considering Vectis Prime. Do you honestly believe there are actually better options than guaranteed 2x damage on top of mods (Rivens and all)? If your Riven has -50%+ magazine capacity, your build looks like this:

Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Split Chamber, Riven, Primed Chamber, Elemental Mod1, Elemental Mod2.

What could you possibly put in place of Primed Chamber that's better? Primed Chamber multiplies all of your damage by 2 after all mod bonuses.. C'mon man. You know there's no better option in this case! This mod is spectacular for Vectis/Vectis Prime.

EDIT: Well, technically Heavy Caliber providing +165% damage on top of Serration's 165% is also the same as 2x damage. But when Split Chamber triggers, your bullets will spread! But it's OK for Eidolons right? Definitely not OK for anything else...

Edited by nslay

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

If it's that bad (and yes, it is bad), why do you want it?
And no, collecting stuff is not a reason.

I'm sure glad you're the final authority on everything.

The whole game is collecting things. That's quite literally how you raise your Mastery Rank. Try again.

At any rate, it's far preferable to have the ultra rare item be of limited practical value then it is for it to be functional.  This is a game about progress, if DE makes a near unobtainable item important to progress, there will be very valid complaints about "Pay to Win".  It would cause significant issues.  As it clearly doesn't actually need to be useful to be valuable, we're much better off this way.

4 minutes ago, Phatose said:

At any rate, it's far preferable to have the ultra rare item be of limited practical value then it is for it to be functional.  This is a game about progress, if DE makes a near unobtainable item important to progress, there will be very valid complaints about "Pay to Win".  It would cause significant issues.  As it clearly doesn't actually need to be useful to be valuable, we're much better off this way.

If that's the case could changed out primed chamber for some very flashy high end cosmetic to be given out as very limited item via giveaways.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

If that's the case could changed out primed chamber for some very flashy high end cosmetic to be given out as very limited item via giveaways.

Or we could just leave it as it is - out of sight, out of mind for the vast majority of all players.  It's much, much harder to incite envy with it this way, and thus avoids a lot of public conflict.  The fact that it's easily ignored as of now is actually a big plus.  Making it harder to ignore is not a wise goal. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Primed chamber is the one true "ultra rare mod" in the game, but does really deserve it's exclusivity now?

100% more damage on your first shot on snipers is helpful but i could just get a riven that has more damage for every shot in the mag.

Should Primed chamber be put intonthe game, shouldnit remain extremely exclusive or replaced by something more valuable?

What's the point? There's no reason for this mod to be put back into the loot table.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Why is this mod treated like the holy grail of mods, when it's for only one weapon category and does so little? If it's treated like that shouldn't it be something valuable instead of obsolete?

Maybe because it is a removed from game mod that only a couple of people whom played back then has. It's the only prime mod that is specifically for snipers. (Quote me if I'm wrong haha) Anything that is removed from game is going to be highly value no matter what it does.

I think it's fair to say that Primed Chamber situation should never have existed in the first place and that the handling of issue was horrible all the way through.

Therefore, yeah, it should be reintroduced in another event. DE is at no obligation to keep an item super rare just to appease a few whales. Just cause something was mishandled doesn't mean you have to keep mishandling it.

Edited by zoffmode
  • Like 1

in a way no, since the use case for it is so hyper specific.

in a way yes, because whether you do or do not have it doesn't change that much for anyone and it was already something with exclusivity, so since there is not much for a downside really, it's easiest for things to stay just as they are.

6 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

I can just use a riven and get triple the damage output. 

Rivens actually made it more powerful, not less.

3 hours ago, nslay said:

I mean, the mod is pretty terrible on any sniper except for Vectis/Vectis Prime. It's basically an augment of Vectis.

Considering Vectis Prime. Do you honestly believe there are actually better options than guaranteed 2x damage on top of mods (Rivens and all)? If your Riven has -50%+ magazine capacity, your build looks like this:

Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Split Chamber, Riven, Primed Chamber, Elemental Mod1, Elemental Mod2.

What could you possibly put in place of Primed Chamber that's better? Primed Chamber multiplies all of your damage by 2 after all mod bonuses.. C'mon man. You know there's no better option in this case! This mod is spectacular for Vectis/Vectis Prime.

EDIT: Well, technically Heavy Caliber providing +165% damage on top of Serration's 165% is also the same as 2x damage. But when Split Chamber triggers, your bullets will spread! But it's OK for Eidolons right? Definitely not OK for anything else...

Well, first of all, you need -magazine riven. Otherwise it's kinda a waste. You don't really have any space for Depleted Reload after all if you're using a riven. Maybe Chroma takes off Serration, but then he needs to drop Primed Cryo Rounds... not sure with math on that cause I'm lazy.

As for what you use instead of Primed Chamber, it's Vigilante Armaments. Unless you can proc Hunter Munitions on enemy, then definitely that. Going past that, Vigilante Armaments removes Split Chamber fail shots, adds in 50% bonus chance for Multishot and Set Bonus is not horrible at all when combined with your Set/Status Stick on Sentinel. Also helps you stack up combo multiplier.

I'd say with that, Primed Chamber is no longer such a big thing. Still, it's nice to have and it's stupid to have it so limited.

Edited by zoffmode
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I just love your reasoning.
"Hey, this mod is S#&$. I want it".

If it's that bad (and yes, it is bad), why do you want it?
And no, collecting stuff is not a reason.

Collecting stuff IS a reason! Me, I plan on getting EVERY MOD! I have a ten year plan!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zoffmode said:

Well, first of all, you need -magazine riven. Otherwise it's kinda a waste. You don't really have any space for Depleted Reload after all if you're using a riven. Maybe Chroma takes off Serration, but then he needs to drop Primed Cryo Rounds... not sure with math on that cause I'm lazy.

As for what you use instead of Primed Chamber, it's Vigilante Armaments. Unless you can proc Hunter Munitions on enemy, then definitely that. Going past that, Vigilante Armaments removes Split Chamber fail shots, adds in 50% bonus chance for Multishot and Set Bonus is not horrible at all when combined with your Set/Status Stick on Sentinel. Also helps you stack up combo multiplier.

I'd say with that, Primed Chamber is no longer such a big thing. Still, it's nice to have and it's stupid to have it so limited.

Vigilante Armaments doesn't double your sniper damage after all mod bonuses. With Split Chamber, it will give you 2-3 bullets (2.5 average) instead of 1-2 bullets (1.9 average)... ! The only mod that will match Primed Chamber is Heavy Caliber... Serration is 165% and Heavy Caliber is another 165% which effectively doubles the damage in the same way as Primed Chamber would... but at the cost of messing up your multi-shot!

EDIT: Oh, OK. Primed Cryo rounds adds 165% damage too. So, it could have the same effect as Heavy Caliber which is to effectively double Serration.

EDIT2: Nope, I misspoke. Late night + beer will cause math errors. Primed Chamber doubles all damage after mods. There is no equal to this... not even Heavy Caliber or Primed Cryo Rounds.

Heavy Caliber and Serration will give you a multiplier like this:

1 + 1.65 + 1.65 = 4.3

Primed Chamber will give you this:

2*(1 + 1.65) = 5.3

That's 23% better than Heavy Caliber!

Edited by nslay

4 hours ago, zoffmode said:

I think it's fair to say that Primed Chamber situation should never have existed in the first place and that the handling of issue was horrible all the way through.

Basically this. The reasons as to why such a meh item is still being endorsed by DE as a legendary item, when they clearly didn't intend it to be that way. The reasoning behind it is what's debated, and if it should be like that.

---

Not if someone wants it or not. I mean, to everyone trying to sound so smart by saying OP just wants the mod have you thought that if the mod becomes available it won't be rare anymore and prices plummet? I'm not saying it should happen, I'm just saying how stupid it sounds to say that just to earn some "coolness" internet points. We can all make hasty assumptions and regurgitate trendy statements.

They also called me a fool for years for hoping and defending cross-progression, but here we are with it on the verge of reality. They told me I just want the easy plat of pc to be able to spend on consoles. When all I want is to open Warframe on the go, on my Switch or laptop, and keep playing on my account. I always said I could wait years for it to happen, and that they could and should restrict plat, tennogen and exclusives.

But in the eyes of blind haters it's always narrowed down to greed, no matter the topic. When in fact some of us are trying to push the game forward while they have this state of mind that says:

"DE does it like this nowadays. Therefore I will defend it to the death by making up fake narratives and accusing others". The only thing people forget is that DE does change and evolve. If not we'd still be in alpha, where DE's mindset and visions were very different.

Spoiler

This whole statement, obviously, isn't about Primed Chamber or Cross-Progression. It's about unnecessary player toxicity that could have been actual discussion. But I do not expect for people to actually learn from my rant. Quite the opposite in fact. And that's ok since I'll ignore the brewing ad-hominems.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Why is this mod treated like the holy grail of mods, when it's for only one weapon category and does so little? If it's treated like that shouldn't it be something valuable instead of obsolete?

I'm super confused...
It's not treated by the holy grail of anything by anyone I know, it's a dead relic of that past and I can't fathom why you even care...

I mean your reasoning seems to be that because it's rare, it has inherent value even though it's crap in comparison and that even though you don't care, because some people erroneously treat it like a golden goose, you think it should no longer be rare... because???

Like... what? Who gives a crap about it? If you don't want it why bother making a thread? Are you like, standing up for that 1 guy who might use it if he had it in the future till something better comes along?
Let it remain a nothing to most and a piece of useless data to a few, it really does not matter.

Edited by Carnage2K4

11 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Easy fix: Primed Chamber is added to baro's rotation like all other primed mods

But fire2box, what of existing ones? Their value is lost!

Three words, Primed Primed Mods. Prime mods that have an addition Primed added to it's name. or ya know just make them into special peculiar mods.

I'm hello primed chamber isn't a prime mod. SMH.