Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recurring Events - New Rewards Every Rerun - Plague Star

IgnisDraconis4316

A few games that I play have done this to their very big success. 

If we are going to have recurring events and soon we will have others that are events that haven't recurred in forever, then they should have this happen below.

Every time an Event recurs (Thermia Fractures, Hostile Mergers, Ghouls, Plague Star) Add new rewards every time it recurs. For example, Plague Star..... every time that it recurs the previous rewards are given and some rewards are new. This encourages new and veteran players to keep playing the events because for the new they have alot of rewards and for the veteran they have a new reward.

FOR EXAMPLE: Plague Star. Everytime that it recurs add a new Melee type, or new unique reward. So for this next time. Add Whip and Infested Whip Zaw parts. Maybe an infested armor set. Or syandanna. This keep it feeling new and adds a new reward. And it can be 1-3 new rewards. The next time it runs you get Two Handed Kitana and Infested version Zaw with a new Infested Shotgun PLUS the previous runs rewards. If you do this then for new players they never miss out on a reward...... they may have to wait for the next rerun. and the veterans have a reason to come back to an event.

It doesn't have to be big...... just unique and new. Right now the only reason I would do Plague Star is maybe for more zaw parts and forma. Otherwise Why would I play it again? There is no new reward for me to strive for. But if you gave me a new infested Zaw part, a new infested Primary or secondary or melee, or an infested armor or cosmetic........ I would play it again for the new reward. And then the next rerun I would play that too to get the new reward. And thus it expands that event and the vendor associated.

How does that sound to everyone?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

Every time an Event recurs (Thermia Fractures, Hostile Mergers, Ghouls, Plague Star) Add new rewards every time it recurs.

This will only further ensure that those events happen even less often than they occur now. New weapons are better carrots for new content, not things that people have already minmaxed and "solved" by the community.

7 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This will only further ensure that those events happen even less often than they occur now. New weapons are better carrots for new content, not things that people have already minmaxed and "solved" by the community.

thats kind a pessimistic look but you could ask for weapons. Personally I think DE thinks too hard and it makes updates take forever