Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please announce Nightwave Intermission end date

jinjayx

Question

We didn't expect the gap between Nightwave season 1 and season 2 to be this long.
And we didn't expect Nightwave Intermission.

This will alleviate the problem, no doubt.

But I think I players will greatly appreciate if we know EXACTLY when the end date is.
(People hate uncertainty)

By clarifying the end date, players have the certainty that "as long as I get X amount standing every week, 
I'm guaranteed to get reward Y."

Thanks

• Like 2

Intermission is just a patch nightwave season while they are preparing season 2. I doubt an end date is possible under these circumstances, specially knowing now Tennocon is affecting it. The purpose of intermission is just "to be there until a new season comes", so that's the closest to an end date we get, I guess.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Intermission is just a patch nightwave season while they are preparing season 2. I doubt an end date is possible under these circumstances, specially knowing now Tennocon os affecting it. The purpose of jntermission is just "to be there until a new season comes", so that's the closest to an end date we get, I guess.

But they planned 15 ranks, that would be a big middle finger to the players if Intermission only lasts 2 weeks, rendering the 15th rank unattainable. They probably have an expected length for this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

But they planned 15 ranks, that would be a big middle finger to the players if Intermission only lasts 2 weeks, rendering the 15th rank unattainable. They probably have an expected length for this.

Yeah, I'm kinda expecting them to alllow us to do it without pressure tbh. So I guess it's somewhat safe to assume it's not coming pre-tennocon, for DE to actually come up with a replacement season and all. Who knows.

16 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

wait what ranks?

Edited by Pro3Display

Maybe not have a countdown timer from the start if that's not feasiblle, but once DE does decide on a definite end point,
add a timer or whatever with at least one whole week left, that would give enough, and not least in-game, warning.

2 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

wait what ranks? 

Edited by NinjaZeku

Not knowing exactly when it ends was a major problem with the first season that made it difficult to budget your time and made it feel like you couldn't skip too many missions because awful ones could always pop up. Not even getting an estimated length means you have to do everything or try to rely on the new catchup mechanic which can lock the ability to catch up behind missions that are impossible for you to complete.

I wanted to support DE because I enjoy 70% of the game.

(30% is Archwing, Defection, Open World standing grindfest, and abandoned content like Conclave, Lunaro)

Was reluctant to make a purchase because Nightwave downtime for more than 3 weeks felt like DE is withholding Nitain, stopping us from crafting, forcing us to buy plat to progress the game.

I cant support that.

Now that Nightwave intermission is announced and ready to go live this week, i made my purchase to support DE.

Thanks for reading.

Was not making any purchase out of principles, until DE made THAT announcement.

wanted to support DE because I enjoy 70% of the game.

(30% is Archwing, Defection, Open World standing grindfest, and abandoned content like Conclave, Lunaro)

Was reluctant to make a purchase because Nightwave downtime for more than 3 weeks felt like DE is withholding Nitain, stopping us from crafting, forcing us to buy plat to progress the game.

I cant support that.

Now that Nightwave intermission is announced and ready to go live this week, i made my purchase to support DE.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Doesn't make much sense - withholding financial support only when things aren't up to your approval (standards?), but giving it mere days after that due do a bandaid Intermission feature, to cover the gap that shouldn't have existed to begin with?

This doesn't really "teach" DE anything about how they messed up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Wasn't there a nitain alert every weekend?

Yes this and the fact that:

If youre new, you wont need Nitain that much yet.

If youre veteran you wont care you got plenty.

If youre in the middle ... might cause dome weeks of nitain shortage but is this really that big of a deal?

There are dozens of much bigger issues or bugs in the game, stop focusing on some logical mistakes that downtime causes (that might be even intentional, so ppl spend plat on stuff that they couldn't aquire maybe, just maybe?)...

I also agree with MagPrime: You telling "nono" to someone doing something bad, they tell you something nice and suddenly you changed your mind about the person and disregarding the first thing you disliked.

5 minutes ago, 40PE said:

Yes this and the fact that:

If youre new, you wont need Nitain that much yet.

If youre veteran you wont care you got plenty.

If youre in the middle ... might cause dome weeks of nitain shortage but is this really that big of a deal?

I roughly agree. There is only one exception, though: Wisp needs nitain, and I could understand a mid-level player who really wants to try the newest warframe while she's hot and new.

That said the recurrent Nitain Alerts provide more than enough Nitain for Wisp.

It is a bit of a storm in a glass of water, but... some players will just complain out of principle.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jinjayx said:

Was not making any purchase out of principles, until DE made THAT announcement.

wanted to support DE because I enjoy 70% of the game.

I cant support that.

Thanks for reading.

Are you aware that DE has said they'll be running Gift Of The Lotus alerts whenever Nightwave is inactive to give similar rewards as to what is in the Nightwave Cred Offerings?  Since the Wolf Of Saturn Six Nightwave, you've been able to get 15 nitain very easily due to those alerts.  Of all the things that would make you want to withhold support the one that you give seems very odd to me.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

Except the delay was due to Tennocon. Which anyone could predict happening both for nightwave, updates and all other things. Is a good thing? No. Is saying that DE needs to resort to cheap tactics to make money a good and/or intellingent thing to say? Also no. I suggest learning more about how the game and DE as a company works.

In all honesty, this seems too arrogant a statement, and not even one that makes much sense.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jinjayx said:

I started playing in February, now I'm MR 17, finished the campaign but don't have the Mods youtubers use.

Then you're not a vet.  Veteran status isn't about what gear you have in-game, it's about how long you have been actively playing the game.  One could argue for different amounts of time but I personally require at least 3-4 years before I'd consider someone a vet.

I wonder how DE monetize vets?

I assume vets (3 years+) have everything by now and can easily farm plat.

Is $ only fashion items the way for DE to monetize Vets?

And if the Vet isnt into fashionframe? 

The only fashion item i consider buying is space Roomba. (Too cute, please nerf!!!)