moostar95

Do you people really want a endgame?

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Let's take a sit and look into ourselves, do we actually want hard content called endgame because we want stronger enemies in term of survivability and damage? Or is it because we want something that always put together with it, which is exclusive rewards that isn't available elsewhere? We always have this separating line between this is too easy and this is too hard so how many people on each side we're looking at? Is it more on too easy side or on too hard side?

I myself still find the game fun not because I chase for the rewards but because the progression itself is fun. I love to take a walk in new Jupiter gas city, just a casual solo strolling for a view and take screenshots as wallpaper, maybe another tilesets for nostalgia when they get reworked and what I see as reward is the result of my progression. So far I'm able to beat people that use DPS frame like rhino and mesa in damage dealt with nezha and Stradavar and that's what I see as my reward and I can't wait to make my railjack as an autonomous vessel of death, maybe flexing it to anyone that say it sucks but needs to be carried later when it has some exclusive rewards behind it

survivability and dmg is just artificial difficulty tho. That's such an easy and lazy fix and gets old very fast.

now if a manic was able to sneak up on a tenno that didn't turn around on them within a second and they get stabbed in the back through the chest tyrant through wesker style that would be different 😄

Hard content doesn't mean just make the numbers bigger lmfao

The current most rewarding Endgame is farming Kuva then rolling Rivens for plat...

• Like 2
  • Woah 1

Just now, Midas said:

The current most rewarding Endgame is farming Kuva then rolling Rivens for plat...

said no sane vet ever xD

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, (PS4)chibitonka said:

said no sane vet ever xD

you have no idea how much sanity has gone down the drain for farming platinum...

4 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

survivability and dmg is just artificial difficulty tho. That's such an easy and lazy fix and gets old very fast.

now if a manic was able to sneak up on a tenno that didn't turn around on them within a second and they get stabbed in the back through the chest tyrant through wesker style that would be different 😄

Hard content doesn't mean just make the numbers bigger lmfao

we had them before, they can pounce and claw you down and people are complaining about it

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

we had them before, they can pounce and claw you down and people are complaining about it

that's disgusting that it got removed lmfao. 

Probably the same ones that got carried through the star chart i bet.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

that's disgusting that it got removed lmfao. 

Probably the same ones that got carried through the star chart i bet.

who else I wonder?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

who else I wonder?

:o that would be a great solution 😄

Lock being able to join a squad till you've gotten to void top branch *the one mot is on*. xD

Would remedy the taxi issue and newbies getting carried and not learning the game.

Or make it so they can't be in the same squad as those that have cleared the star chart.

Edited by (PS4)chibitonka

21 minutes ago, Midas said:

REAL endgame is when rolling rivens for plat no longer satisfy you, and the realization that all the plat you gathered is basically useless.

I'm perfectly fine with DE writing its own rulebook, without getting tied down to traditional models of what "endgame" content means.  They've done a fine enough job for me so far.

2 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

REAL endgame is when rolling rivens for plat no longer satisfy you, and the realization that all the plat you gathered is basically useless.

future content for plat has a purpose. Riven Dispositions will always change, although infinite grind for Kuva hurts me. I would prefer something I can work with team mates for to get great stuff that is rewarding.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

😮 that would be a great solution 😄

Lock being able to join a squad till you've gotten to void top branch *the one mot is on*. xD

Would remedy the taxi issue and newbies getting carried and not learning the game.

Or make it so they can't be in the same squad as those that have cleared the star chart.

that would cause a massive pitchfork people coming on DE since I often bring new players to places while being not fully modded myself

Posted (edited)

that would cause a massive pitchfork people coming on DE since I often bring new players to places while being not fully modded myself

but that would only be a short term riot. Long term tho it would end up being a good thing.

True Massive pitchfork worthy would be pulling ea level pay gates 😄

Edited by (PS4)chibitonka

11 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

time to become a good Samaritan

(Maybe buy me a haztech bundle :3 )

6 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

but that would only be a short term riot. Long term tho it would end up being a good thing.

True Massive pitchfork worthy would be pulling ea level pay gates 😄

I wouldn't say it's a short term when new players will spend a lot of their time solo because there's no one that cleared the node that can join them and have their back

I wouldn't say it's a short term when new players will spend a lot of their time solo because there's no one that cleared the node that can join them and have their back

That's player dependent at that point. Forces em to learn how to play tho. 

Different game genre but it's used a bit in mhw too.

If you can't beat it solo why should we group up? 

Another game that's known for being very co op friendly yet the community is almost halfsies on that.

"don't fear incompetent foes, fear incompetent allies"

Just now, dagre2 said:

farming is the end game O.o

it really isn't. Especially when you get to the point you got everything built.

Do I want an endgame? Absolutely. Do I think DE can make a compelling, challenging endgame? No. 

Right now, 'endgame' is Running the same damn survival or excavation or whatever for a couple hours. To me, endgame something that has a lifespan measured in months not because of straight RNG on a drop table with, frankly, insulting rates, but because there's a learning curve. Don't make it 'challenging' by cranking up the bulletsponge and damage output of the mobs, or by just making them immune to 9 out of 10 forms of damage. Give me a long run mission with multiple bosses, or a mission node that requires multiple teams to be each tackling  separate but linked objectives to reach an outcome, or something. Don't give me "Lol it's the same old thing but badguys hit harder and also are immune to warframe powers!" That's just boring and wears out fast. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

That's player dependent at that point. Forces em to learn how to play tho. 

Different game genre but it's used a bit in mhw too.

If you can't beat it solo why should we group up? 

Another game that's known for being very co op friendly yet the community is almost halfsies on that.

"don't fear incompetent foes, fear incompetent allies"

I for one don't mind if they can't do it solo during their beginner hours since I can sit at the back seat and revive when needed while lecturing said player like a teacher on field practice

But if you're a long time player or look at least experienced to me, I'm not going soft on you

Warframe is like communism.

It looks good on paper but after you experience it for a while or know others who experience/d it, you realise it doesn't really work.

Also similarly because some people can't have the nice stuff (because they don't want to work for it), no one can have the nice stuff.

...I'm in favor of an endgame btw. if it wasn't obvious, don't make it mandatory, just make it interesting and intensive, add exclusive skins and non-game changing mods (like Peculiar, just without having to use a mod slot)as rewards and as long as it's accessible for those who want to work for them (or even handicap themselves while doing so), it will be fine.

Also 'endgame' content should never lose its meaning because of powercreep, it should be both too challenging to be really affected by it and immune to it due to unique game mechanics. (not talking about filler content like sitting on buttons for the win, like in Trials, that's just stupid)

Also exclusive weapon sidegrades as rewards wouldn't really hurt either. (you don't see people running around with Braton Vandals f.ex. because it has better statistics, they do it because it looks shiny and better than the other variants, also it used to be rare)

• Satisfied 1

5 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

Do I want an endgame? Absolutely. Do I think DE can make a compelling, challenging endgame? No. 

Right now, 'endgame' is Running the same damn survival or excavation or whatever for a couple hours. To me, endgame something that has a lifespan measured in months not because of straight RNG on a drop table with, frankly, insulting rates, but because there's a learning curve. Don't make it 'challenging' by cranking up the bulletsponge and damage output of the mobs, or by just making them immune to 9 out of 10 forms of damage. Give me a long run mission with multiple bosses, or a mission node that requires multiple teams to be each tackling  separate but linked objectives to reach an outcome, or something. Don't give me "Lol it's the same old thing but badguys hit harder and also are immune to warframe powers!" That's just boring and wears out fast. 

that would be a stronghold with too much security matrix and defense system just to take one tenno down from electrified floor to massive wall installed with guns on every inch with rotating rewards such as exclusive armor piece or weapon

2 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

it really isn't. Especially when you get to the point you got everything built.

then what you're asking for is more content.

mmorpgs are all farming, arpgs are all farming. just because we aren't farming specific bosses 24/7 for half a year or rifts 24/7 doesn't change the fact that this game is basically farming 24/7. warframe just does it a bit differently which i have absolutely no issues with.

by the time wow releases the next tier/raid people pretty much have everything, at least those that focus on that content anyways. does that mean there's no end game? no, just means they're waiting for the next batch of content.

for a new player this game has thousands of hours of farming to get everything. many hundreds if you're focusing on specific things. of course, you can just buy most of it and then complain there's nothing to do.

59 minutes ago, 844448 said:

that would be a stronghold with too much security matrix and defense system just to take one tenno down from electrified floor to massive wall installed with guns on every inch with rotating rewards such as exclusive armor piece or weapon

Oh, I know. Like I said, the endgame I'd like to see, and the endgame DE will make are two completely different things. DE's definition of 'challenge' isn't anything more complex than "Add HP and damage and immunity." Kinda makes me wonder if they've played other games. 

3 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Warframe is like communism.

It looks good on paper but after you experience it for a while or know others who experience/d it, you realise it doesn't really work.

Also similarly because some people can't have the nice stuff (because they don't want to work for it), no one can have the nice stuff.

...I'm in favor of an endgame btw. if it wasn't obvious, don't make it mandatory, just make it interesting and intensive, add exclusive skins and non-game changing mods (like Peculiar, just without having to use a mod slot)as rewards and as long as it's accessible for those who want to work for them (or even handicap themselves while doing so), it will be fine.

Also 'endgame' content should never lose its meaning because of powercreep, it should be both too challenging to be really affected by it and immune to it due to unique game mechanics. (not talking about filler content like sitting on buttons for the win, like in Trials, that's just stupid)

Also exclusive weapon sidegrades as rewards wouldn't really hurt either. (you don't see people running around with Braton Vandals f.ex. because it has better statistics, they do it because it looks shiny and better than the other variants, also it used to be rare)

Like you said on the first part

"this is too hard (too challenging like you said), it should get a nerf!!!!1!"

or

"DE should put the rewards somewhere so people that can't do it can have it too!!"

• Upvote 1