moostar95

Do you people really want a endgame?

On 2019-06-08 at 7:33 AM, moostar95 said:

In this point  of time,  powercreep is beyond broken.  WE got room cleaning frames and given foes that have no threat. DE can try to fix the scaling but now I think its not even going to stop the mess we're in. Anytime DE adds in new foes, players whine to them to make them easier to kill. only to whine to make them more of a threat again. the community can't makes up it mind if its EVEN ready for a endgame if the majority of players want to keep using their op builds on trash mobs that THEY complain are too easy then before. (like how the corpus worked in Fortuna at launch.)   I could NOT care about endgame to be honest as im more worried about old frames being reworked into crap for them to work at a endgame level. 

The reason I know I complain about better enemies and that they are to strong and then to weak is because what, at least id love to see is smarter AI, not AI with "Moar Damage" and "Moar Armor" and "Moar Health", which seems to be the only knobs DE knows how to play with. Wolf was a prime example, he had how much damage reduction?  240 point Orange Crits from a Soma Prime that can normally, for me, Crit upwards of 10,000.  Then that Wolf took like 30 mags from said Soma Prime.  Then they make it where none of our abilities work on him?  Like seriously? Way to give the boss fight less depth than your average Sonic or Mario boss fight from like 1990.  The fight took all the brain power of a chicken playing Tic-Tac-Toe.  Simply fire until he teleports to me, then jump, fire till he teleports to me, get knocked down, jump away, fire till he teleports to me, wash, rinse, repeat until he stops wiggling.....if that is the  idea of 'end game', or 'high end' or 'hard', then I want easy.  At least when im fighting lvl 50-80 normal enemies there is a little bit of a fight. 

Posted (edited)

Warframe has the issue of a broken scaling and disbalanced mechanics.

Endgame is pointless if we can cheese it with mid-tier gears, the other side of the spectrum is new stats that prevent our mechanics to work.

Either being tedious or unplayable.

The heist orb shield is an example of mechanic that create a sort of softcap that provide "challenge" without being tedious or bullcrap.

Edited by angias

1 hour ago, KnightCole said:

The reason I know I complain about better enemies and that they are to strong and then to weak is because what, at least id love to see is smarter AI, not AI with "Moar Damage" and "Moar Armor" and "Moar Health", which seems to be the only knobs DE knows how to play with. Wolf was a prime example, he had how much damage reduction?  240 point Orange Crits from a Soma Prime that can normally, for me, Crit upwards of 10,000.  Then that Wolf took like 30 mags from said Soma Prime.  Then they make it where none of our abilities work on him?  Like seriously? Way to give the boss fight less depth than your average Sonic or Mario boss fight from like 1990.  The fight took all the brain power of a chicken playing Tic-Tac-Toe.  Simply fire until he teleports to me, then jump, fire till he teleports to me, get knocked down, jump away, fire till he teleports to me, wash, rinse, repeat until he stops wiggling.....if that is the  idea of 'end game', or 'high end' or 'hard', then I want easy.  At least when im fighting lvl 50-80 normal enemies there is a little bit of a fight. 

But remember, pointing out the wolf was terrible design just means you can't handle challenge! /dodgy

God I hated that chump. I still hate that chump. at least I haven't seen his stupid ass since the event ended. 

At this point its too little too late, now that Destiny 2 is going free to play Im probably going to switch over to that, Warframe had 3 years to get their crap together and they rather focus their attention on newer players, well as a result we will now have many old players jumping ship.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

At this point its too little too late, now that Destiny 2 is going free to play Im probably going to switch over to that, Warframe had 3 years to get their crap together and they rather focus their attention on newer players, well as a result we will now have many old players jumping ship.

DE: "player retention what's that?"

Vets: *loud echoing mega facepalms*

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Pso 2 is next year, im fully jumping ship if this game doesn't sort things out. im not leaving but by the time of this year, im now a causal player. I only log on to do elite alerts because ok challenge, or to get my daily. 

2 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

Pso 2 is next year, im fully jumping ship if this game doesn't sort things out. im not leaving but by the time of this year, im now a causal player. I only log on to do elite alerts because ok challenge, or to get my daily. 

Im super stoked for PSO2, I played on the Japanese servers as much as possible.

• Like 1

In my opinion, the entire mods system needs to burned down and rebuild before we can even talk about fixing the balance, before we can even talk about making an endgame.

But of course, that's not gonna happen, because everyone will whine about it harder then all the Synoid Simulor mains did about Friendly Fire mode in Nightmare missions.
I am just so damn sick of practically every slot being taken up by mandatory mods.
Here's a question: When you buy a factory new gun in real life, do you excpect to have to get replacement parts for nearly everything that makes it work? I don't mean just quality of life stuff, like an ambi charging handle. I am asking if you expect to have to immediately replace the firing pin, the bolt assembly, the recoil spring and everything!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KnightCole said:

smarter AI would mean more advanced equipments such as more variation of grenades and flanking which I don't think having smarter AI would help when you press 4 most of the time to clear them

Just now, 844448 said:

smarter AI would mean more advanced equipments such as more variation of grenades and flanking which I don't think having smarter AI would help when you press 4 most of the time to clear them

unless they are able to consistently cripple or disable said nuking ability. 

Or aren't running about with shields based off sentient adaptation and gave it a twist of reflecting that dmg back to the ability caster.

Just now, (PS4)chibitonka said:

unless they are able to consistently cripple or disable said nuking ability. 

Or aren't running about with shields based off sentient adaptation and gave it a twist of reflecting that dmg back to the ability caster.

nullifier it is then

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

nullifier it is then

pretty sure nullifiers can still get hurt by abilities if it doesn't nullify the part that cancels the ability. 

Then again enemies that punish the 4 to win lifestyle is always welcome.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

pretty sure nullifiers can still get hurt by abilities if it doesn't nullify the part that cancels the ability. 

Then again enemies that punish the 4 to win lifestyle is always welcome.

Not as long as the field is up, it cancels any ability

Sure, and see a mountain of salt from 4 to win players when demolyst gets tons of it already just from a small nullifier burst once in a while

Not as long as the field is up, it cancels any ability

Sure, and see a mountain of salt from 4 to win players when demolyst gets tons of it already just from a small nullifier burst once in a while

Egads they have to actually play the game instead of pressing just one button. They can flush that salt. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

Egads they have to actually play the game instead of pressing just one button. They can flush that salt. 

Since when we can have them to actually play though?

Since when we can have them to actually play though?

could make it so press 4 to win abilities got restrictions to limit their use. 

Erm, Yes?

It's not a game that I'd want to invest all of this time into, only to get stuck with nothing relevant to do once I've done the majority of it. Endless survivals/ESO/Arbitrations are a step in the direction I'd like but they're just not hitting the spot. 

Spending 2 hours in a mission just to get to a level of difficulty that's almost a challenge isn't my idea of a good time. Is it yours? 

Why wouldn't we want an endgame?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheAntiFish said:

Erm, Yes?

It's not a game that I'd want to invest all of this time into, only to get stuck with nothing relevant to do once I've done the majority of it. Endless survivals/ESO/Arbitrations are a step in the direction I'd like but they're just not hitting the spot. 

Spending 2 hours in a mission just to get to a level of difficulty that's almost a challenge isn't my idea of a good time. Is it yours? 

Why wouldn't we want an endgame?

That's hardly considered endgame though, it's only wanting higher level mission or something that tanky enough to not die on one shot

But if you insist that you want endgame

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, 844448 said:

That's hardly considered endgame though, it's only wanting higher level mission or something that tanky enough to not die on one shot

But if you insist that you want endgame

What? My idea of endgame doesn't revolve around nerfing everything to the ground to make regular missions more relevant. 
The whole "2 hour survival" thing was just an example of a challenge, and it's purely self inflicted as to there being no real challenging content. Anything fun with a reward relevant to late-game players would be welcome. I don't include arbitrations in this as it's not very fun and the rewards are underwhelming.

The way health/shields/armour scales is the barrier, It starts getting obscene at later levels. We go from one shotting everything to getting one shot by everything with little to no in-between. Widespread nerfs aren't the answer, and unrelated to the point i was trying to make.

We have different ideas of what an endgame is.

Edited by TheAntiFish
Rewording

2 hours ago, TheAntiFish said:

What? My idea of endgame doesn't revolve around nerfing everything to the ground to make regular missions more relevant. 
The whole "2 hour survival" thing was just an example of a challenge, and it's purely self inflicted as to there being no real challenging content. Anything fun with a reward relevant to late-game players would be welcome. I don't include arbitrations in this as it's not very fun and the rewards are underwhelming.

The way health/shields/armour scales is the barrier, It starts getting obscene at later levels. We go from one shotting everything to getting one shot by everything with little to no in-between. Widespread nerfs aren't the answer, and unrelated to the point i was trying to make.

We have different ideas of what an endgame is.

Now, what is the thing that you consider as fun endgame that doesn't resort to level 150+, can't be trivialised by chroma and saryn and not something that you will do over and over again just because it's endgame?

7 hours ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

could make it so press 4 to win abilities got restrictions to limit their use. 

Would love that to be a thing but as long as nulli bubbles block bullets better than an arctic eximus and cancel buffs when walking into them which usualy proves a huge risk of death aswell they make stuff like frost bubbles vanish, don't want it. Make passive and stationary abilities immune to nullifiers and sure, delete all 4-to-win mains.

1. immunize enemies to WF abilities
  2. shelve all Frames with CC focus
  3. ??
  4. profit!!!

Yeeeaaaaaahhhh...

15 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

You are aware that it isnt going free-to-play right?

Should probably do some research if you think you get a full game experience from Bungi. You are getting a trial, much like WoW, GW2 or SWToR. If you want to get anywhere you need to shell out the full price for previous expansions aswell as the new one.

And for the record, Destiny 2 went "free-to-play" about a month after it was released when they gave the base game out for free to everyone that had a battle.net account. They are just doing that same old song and dance again, with zero changes to the monetization if you actually wanna progress.

Aside from that the game lives on payed DLCs instead of actual free content patches.

On 2019-06-08 at 12:33 PM, moostar95 said:

No.

I just want more game, whatever vague attributes players assign to "Endgame" has no real meaning and the specific are generally awful.

Do I want:

• More extreme gear checks: No
  • Forced teaming: No
  • Sparser reward and even longer time-to-acquire for even smaller rewards: No.
  • PvP: No

That is 90% of what people mean by "Endgame" I don't want any of it, because it's lazy, awful content.

• Like 2