Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whatever happened to "Sentient Arm Cannons"?

Zoh_Veldae

DS85-Sentient-Arm-Cannon-1024x576.jpg

Dropped in some time ago during a devstream and then... nothing.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't mind if THIS is what Modular Primaries were gonna be. 3-part arm cannons with varied fire modes, seems pretty good on paper. Probs make them smaller or collapsible when holstered.

Just saying... not telling or predicting, just kinda highlighting it.

• Like 1

well tennocon is coming up and new war was due out before it but has been pushed back to whenever it is now... both seem like good options to give more information and/or show if/where you can get it etc.

Whether that is the case is another matter.

I figure that Archguns being usable during warframe missions was a mechanic that was important to the Sentient Arm Cannons working out, and with those Archguns now available and more tested for normal missions, we might see the Sentient arm style deal show later. Course, I figure some of the story presentation reasons for the arm cannons have changed, but its certainly possible that they could be tied to New War or some later Sentient encounter.

If I recall, weren't they intended at the time to be tied to the Focus Schools one for each type; and obtained from beating Sentient Mech suits which looked suspiciously similar to Natah's current look - but more tentacles - and were we going to have to use some Transference ability to bust through that invulnerability they had and thus claim their arms? Either way, hope its interesting mechanically and from a progression stand-point.

• Like 1