Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Completely Remove The Rng System.

.Monarch

No, you read it right. Please completely remove the RNG system.

TL;DR:

There is NO Too Long, Did Not Read here. Either you get through it, and understand it. Or you don't read through it, and reply like a freaking idiot. Seriously, most of those who crap their pants because this is a topic about change, and already posting NO NO NO NO NO. If you've honestly read through the post, you'll know I'm actually trying to improve game play for EVERYONE, instead of saying - NO GRINDING.

***I've also posted this on the feedback section. But seeing as most players does not travel to that side of town, I decided to make a double post, to gain further feedback for my feedback. ***

I'm sick and tired of it all. It is not fun, it is not interesting, it is certainly not a thing that brings joy into player's experience. For the lucky minority, let me just say...Congratulations, and screw you.

Ever since the Void was introduced, I've dumped massive amount of Plat for Void Key packs. And after obtaining Frost Prime and sorts. I've stopped running T Raid and Exterminate. Now that U10 arrived. More new items are added into the T Survival and T Exterminate.

First of all. Let me just bring my personal experience onto the table.

I'm hunting for Dakra Prime Blade, so are many others out there. I've seen, and have a couple friends that have already gotten, and built Dakra Prime. Recently, I have been spamming T3 Exterminate like crazy. Since that is the only place everyone have gotten the Blade from.

After Void was introduced and all that, I've only got 33 Void T3 Exterminate left. And I've been spamming it restlessly. To make things more bearable. I've bought along randoms, to bring a little bit, or share a bit fortune to those who doesn't have T3 Exterminate.

30 T3 Exterminate in. Countless Frost Prime Chasis. Countless Paris Prime Limb. Out of all those, I've only gotten 3 Dakra BP. I do not think it is fair, for "lucky" players to spend way less, and obtain item faster than everyone else's. Just because RNG favor them more.

This thread,, states my desire to completely remove the RNG system. Let players WORK FOR IT. Since everyone love the grinding aspect so much about Warframe, then let players Grind it out! I'm tired of how I've spent time grinding for keys, or even dumping some platinum into Void Key Packs, as a tribute to the RNG God. And after all that, giving it hard work to grind the missions, to only have another duplicate item slaps in my face. While there are other players who got it right off the bat, and never need to return to that place again.

Here are the solution I'm suggesting.

1) I know DE is trying to get rid of the credit system completely. But this is my solution that will be less demoralizing for players who have given hard work, to die trying to obtain the items they so dearly want.

Tune down the credits out put. Turn up the credits requirements. Let us purchase parts and items.

This way, not only will credits be useful. Players who does not want to grind credits, will have the alternative of buying the Platinum > Credits exchange. Making that item in the market meaningful.

2) You may keep the RNG system. But have it automatically considerably tune down the drop rate for the items you already own. For example: Wiki shows - Frost Prime Chasis in T3 Exterminate, drop rate is 12.65%.

If I already own 5 Frost Prime Chasis, the drop rate for that item, will be drop to 6.325% Every piece will decrease drop rate by 10% of the original drop rate.

As far as weapons/items goes. None of the BP requires the same item more than 3 pieces. Thus earning duplicate pieces multiple times, will increase the pieces you have not gained. This solution is far more motivating, as giving players a thought of "You're getting somewhere". Instead of fishing a needle in the water tower over and over again. 

I understand that DE wouldn't want players to obtain everything so quickly, and stop playing Void missions, where DE staff had put so much time into making. But let me tell you this, with how demoralizing RNG system is. Players won't continue to play just to obtain that one single item they need. Sooner or later they'll just give up. Let alone buying Void Key Packs giving DE their precious income.

I for one, have stopped buying Void Key Packs. I recently bought two, because I'm somewhat superstitious. Maybe if I contribute some of my platinum, the RNG God will be kind, and finally give me something that I need, instead of the same item over and over again.

3) Completely remove the RNG system. Go with DE's original plan and get rid of the credit system.

Let players pick and choose. Example:

Have a list of parts and items, BPs. Whatever you need to obtain. A list with the items names, and obtain conditions. 

Among the list, I choose Dakra Blade. And the condition of obtaining it, is to kill 1000 Corrupted.

Have a little bar to show the player's progress as they work to that goal. Let players Grind the parts they want, one at a time.

To make DE happy, I won't forget how Platinum can come into this option.

The 1000 Corrupted kills condition. Is just an example, the amount could vary, change. That is fine details I won't get into. Keeping the Grind Concept, and "Pay to not Grind" motto. Give players the option to pay an amount of Platinum to raise their progress bar to 50%. Significantly reduce the time they will need to spend to obtain that item.

Conclusion:

RNG system is demoralizing. Grinding is tiresome enough as it is. But adding a lottery system on top of it, not only it makes players lose hope in continue grinding for that item, it will also make them build up frustration and thus ruining their gaming experience. The last thing you want, is to let player associate tiresome, despair, frustration with your product. Furthermore, RNG system does not show players progress. It does not matter how much you grind or work, it does not give you the feeling of you're getting somewhere.

I personally, would like to know that the entire day I've spent grinding, is pushing me closer to my goal, instead of depending on randomness, floating in the sea of numbers, hoping Jesus reborn and miracles happen.

Please seriously, read through it, think through it, and consider it.

It is unfair for luck to decide what players can have. Players should own what they worked for, that way, players will feel more achieved, the satisfaction of gaining something will be more intense. The gaming experience will feel more fruitful. Than a simple - "LOL I got those parts the first try, gg you noob."

Edited by Rain-Maker

Didn't even bother reading.

You don't know how lucky you have it. 

Try getting all your UR's to X in ME3 and tell me that this game has terrible RNG. 

Hell in that game people have gone 400 hours without UNLOCKING the gun that they want. And that is at it's lowest incarnation.

It isn't hard to target the stuff that you want, and whining that you cannot unlock all the games new content within a week? 

Cry more.

I think removing it COMPLETELY is a bit overkill...there needs to be a way to limit it though, A token system is the best way to do this.

Every run you do of a boss or something at the end rewards you with 1 token.

Take tokens to the token shop so there you can give 40 tokens to a merchant and they'll give you w/e you we're farming for.

Not sure why DE has continuously ignored this brilliant system or why they're so afraid of it (they've seen it several times and mentioned it several times but nothing has been done about it).

I think removing it COMPLETELY is a bit overkill...there needs to be a way to limit it though, A token system is the best way to do this.

Every run you do of a boss or something at the end rewards you with 1 token.

Take tokens to the token shop so there you can give 40 tokens to a merchant and they'll give you w/e you we're farming for.

Not sure why DE has continuously ignored this brilliant system or why they're so afraid of it (they've seen it several times and mentioned it several times but nothing has been done about it).

Because they are afraid it will kill their profits.

Like the game slowly turning buggy and a grindfest isn't doing that already.

Try getting all your UR's to X in ME3 and tell me that this game has terrible RNG. 

Hell in that game people have gone 400 hours without UNLOCKING the gun that they want. And that is at it's lowest incarnation.

It isn't hard to target the stuff that you want, and whining that you cannot unlock all the games new content within a week? 

Cry more.

This is exactly the reason why I quit ME3's multiplayer and that's exactly what I want to avoid happening in this game.  Just because it's not as bad as another game's RNG doesn't mean it's good.  While some RNG isn't bad, having to say double RNG multiple times to get the parts and blueprint to make something I want from the void is just...  Bleh.  That's like Korean MMO RNG level grinding.

Cry more.

If you didn't even bother reading, you didn't get the point I'm trying across.

Further more, you just proved yourself to be a regular forum troll. Moving on.

Actually, I'll be kind and feed you a small bait.

I'm a Grand Master since U7. Obtained everything slowly but steadily, with platinum and regular means.

TL:DR:

I'm asking for a system that rewards players for how much time and effort they put into. Instead of favor odds and luck. 

No RNG = No Grind = Boring Game = Dead Game

You also clearly did not read the full thread. Forgive me for saying, but GTFO.

No like seriously, that's the best option you have right now, since you seem to be illiterate.

Edited by Rain-Maker

This is exactly the reason why I quit ME3's multiplayer and that's exactly what I want to avoid happening in this game.  Just because it's not as bad as another game's RNG doesn't mean it's good.  While some RNG isn't bad, having to say double RNG multiple times to get the parts and blueprint to make something I want from the void is just...  Bleh.  That's like Korean MMO RNG level grinding.

Put it this way. The stuff that is behind the grind wall in this game is not stuff that you need to progress. There is gear you can get much more easily that will let you stay competitive. 

The other stuff is bonus, or intended for mastery ranking. As of now, the Soma outdoes EVERY void weapon out there in terms of DPS, and the Wraith has potentially the second highest DPS in the game, and we got that for pretty much sitting around for 20 minutes. 

Wrong.

It's incentive that ultimately kills a game.

And running a boss 100 times to try to get a drop that refuses to drop doesn't seem to give me much incentive to keep running that boss.  On the other hand, I don't mind the grind it takes to max out my rank 10 mods.  Why?  Because even though I might not always get rare mods of the right polarity or fusion cores in a run, I'll generally at least get some mods and while they might not give me a lot of progress I know that I'm at least getting some progress by running those missions.  Maybe you like gambling, but I really don't.  I like to see some reward for my effort towards my goal even if it's a small one.

And running a boss 100 times to try to get a drop that refuses to drop doesn't seem to give me much incentive to keep running that boss.  On the other hand, I don't mind the grind it takes to max out my rank 10 mods.  Why?  Because even though I might not always get rare mods of the right polarity or fusion cores in a run, I'll generally at least get some mods and while they might not give me a lot of progress I know that I'm at least getting some progress by running those missions.  Maybe you like gambling, but I really don't.  I like to see some reward for my effort towards my goal even if it's a small one.

Thank you. You get a +1 for that.

It is fascinating somehow. On the Feedback section, players are actually giving constructive criticism, offering feed back. And actually seeing things, reading with their brains and eyes.

Instead of how the majority of replies I got from General Discussions, are like bunch of little kids that got larva for brains.

Already stated first thing on my post. If you didn't read, don't reply. I'm telling you this to do you a favor. You're acting $&*&*#(%& if you decided to flame this post without even knowing what this is about.

I love how you said at the beginning, "'too long, didn't read' is for idiots," and the majority of people who don't agree with you didn't read.

I think there's a better way to get rid of RNG than what you've said here, but I'll take your ideas over RNG any day.