Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lootbox still in Market

Zahnny

This isn't me trying to throw shade around, but I wanted to bring awareness to its existance after noticing it earlier today. Despite the removal of mod packs from the Market, there's still at least one more item I can think of, not sure if there is more. Wheither you agree it needs to be taken out is irrelevent (no offence), it's still an objective lootbox. That's all I seek to point out, not that I personally have a problem, but if DE wants to remove lootboxes, here's one that might have been overlooked.

In the Market you can still buy Relic Packs for 50p, here's a picture

KtWUSk9.jpg

I feel the "one guaranteed Rare" part makes it arguably worse too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Admiral_Aetius said:

I wouldn't mind if they removed it from the market but complete removal is a big NO for me.

They are immensely useful when new prime warframes come out.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of DE selling relic sets for primes (where it displays exactly what relics you are buying), but it's better for people to know what they are getting, it's the RNG aspect of using money that I dislike.

Edit: I somehow completely forgot that relics are in-themselves RNG and that they don't garuntee the prime part you are looking for. I won't delete what I previously said in this comment, but I'll leave it up strike through'd.

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 3

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

I dont mind if they get removed from the market, aslong as they stay everywhere else in the game.

Same, personally I've been hoping for relic packs, rather than just singular relics to drop from missions for ages.

And rivens... Great lootbox-ish system too.

Even if I 51% enjoy them.

But in the case of this thread I think it'd be ok to leave the relics in the market. In consoles I'd never dare to spend plat on those market bundles, instead of syndicates. But I can imagine after hoarding x amounts of plat on pc and having nothing to buy with it they become actually more worthwhile in the market than on syndicates.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Only earned in game with in-game only resources to remix them. Not the same thing as old mod packs, or the relics for premium currency.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

But in the case of this thread I think it'd be ok to leave the relics in the market. In consoles I'd never dare to spend plat on those market bundles, instead of syndicates. But I can imagine after hoarding x amounts of plat on pc and having nothing to buy with it they become actually more worthwhile in the market than on syndicates.

We can buy Rivens in the marketplace?

When did this happen?

Not that I am going to....

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Not sure it'll ever be worthwhile to spend plat on RNG Relics instead of just buying the parts you want from the player market.

Also, Rivens in the Market? What?

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

Only earned in game with in-game only resources to remix them. Not the same thing as old mod packs, or the relics for premium currency.

I'm talking about players trying to roll certain stats over and over and sell rivens as a godroll for ridiculous amounts of plat. And there are people who go absolutely crazy about them and give in. Pretty much the same in that regard, and something DE is so proud of "staying away from" with their famous kubrow slot machine. Actually, not the same. It's way worse imo. Even though I like the concept of rivens in itself, apart from the abuses of that system.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

We can buy Rivens in the marketplace?

When did this happen?

Not that I am going to....

54 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Also, Rivens in the Market? What?

I don't recall ever saying that rivens were purchasable from the market... All I said was they're another example of a lootbox/slot machine within the game. 

54 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Not sure it'll ever be worthwhile to spend plat on RNG Relics instead of just buying the parts you want from the player market.

I wouldn't possibly know tbh. Plat is scarce on consoles compared to PC. Even though I do hear so many people complaining they have them on the tons and nothing to spend them on, so idk. But now that you said it, yeah, might as well just buy the parts. Which invalidates my previous statement and I really can't think of any other reason to keep the market relic packs.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I don't recall ever saying that rivens were purchasable from the market... All I said was they're another example of a lootbox/slot machine within the game. 

Yeah, sorry, got my wires crossed on that one.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I wouldn't possibly know tbh. Plat is scarce on consoles compared to PC. Even though I do hear so many people complaining they have them on the tons and nothing to spend them on, so idk. But now that you said it, yeah, might as well just buy the parts. Which invalidates my previous statement and I really can't think of any other reason to keep the market relic packs.

idk if it's easier to get Plat on PC or not, my PS4 account hasn't really done any trading because I'm focusing on Dojo building.

The Relic packs should just stay in the Syndicates tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

idk if it's easier to get Plat on PC or not, my PS4 account hasn't really done any trading because I'm focusing on Dojo building.

It's a bit so-so... I mean mostly wnile there's less plat around, I see it as a good thing. I'm comfortable with my plat amount, but I never have more than 3k because I do spend it on Tennogen, and I don't always wait for item discounts. So less plat overall, and more places to spend it on, but way better than pc's tennogen payment with real money imo. So all in all I'm happy for it.

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The Relic packs should just stay in the Syndicates tbh.

On that I fully agree. They're my only prime farm. And when I'm feeling like it a plat earner as well. Since I usually use those packs to get a new prime within the first 2h of release and get myself 300-700p by supplying those with less patience. A great and important chunk of bonus plat since the plat I buy is somewhat limited.

Just now, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

On that I fully agree. They're my only prime farm. And when I'm feeling like it a plat earner as well. Since I usually use those packs to get a new prime within the first 2h of release and get myself 300-700p by supplying those with less patience. A great and important chunk of bonus plat since the plat I buy is somewhat limited.

Due to DE's handling of black market Plat, I don't do plat trades unless it's someone I know and can dck punch if something goes wrong.

• Like 2

Oh boy...well the truth that may consider as a loot box, doing common research in the U.S.A is consider the loot box as gambling as placing such law to see it pass or not which they are claiming the state that loot boxes and pay to win will be charge by it for it is gambling with addiction.  I will say the opinion of that was not clearly wrong about it and DE might look at facing the same thing of that type of issue of facing the U.S.A law in government which Canada will probably assumed the same thing as loot boxes is gambling and ppl who bought it under the age of 18 might consider as illegal in terms which I read the law official when its ok for what age they can gamble which in that soil you are gambling because due of warframe has loot box for ppl of the age of 18 and when its ok to gamble you have to be age of 19 due of law of Canada (Checked on google for that)

in terms relic pack is consider as gambling due the list 1 of the 6 rules because the age of for players come in is 18 as proof

war610.jpg

for this is evident again that is also will end up being chewed by Canada which their company is located in Canada (not my fault but this is their jurisdiction) so remember tell the devs to removed the relic pack that is in the market which all in illegal terms that is gambling.

i'd be open for ""Relic Pack"" to be broken up into each Tier so that there's be 4 types.

whether it/they are in the Market or not, w/e from me. from my perspective it's stuff that's mainly a Mission Reward, and you are doing the same level of effective gambling as you are if you played a Mission instead so it's a replacement for 5-10 minutes in a Mission.

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

i'd be open for ""Relic Pack"" to be broken up into each Tier so that there's be 4 types.

whether it/they are in the Market or not, w/e from me. from my perspective it's stuff that's mainly a Mission Reward, and you are doing the same level of effective gambling as you are if you played a Mission instead so it's a replacement for 5-10 minutes in a Mission.

Divide them by tiers actually sounds nice tbh. At least if you are spending plat to get them, that is. Better than pure rng from the bigger pool with all unvaulted relics in it.

12 hours ago, Zahnny said:

This isn't me trying to throw shade around, but I wanted to bring awareness to its existance after noticing it earlier today. Despite the removal of mod packs from the Market, there's still at least one more item I can think of, not sure if there is more. Wheither you agree it needs to be taken out is irrelevent (no offence), it's still an objective lootbox. That's all I seek to point out, not that I personally have a problem, but if DE wants to remove lootboxes, here's one that might have been overlooked.

In the Market you can still buy Relic Packs for 50p, here's a picture

KtWUSk9.jpg

I feel the "one guaranteed Rare" part makes it arguably worse too.

I wouldn't call this...or any other relic pack...a loot box.

For one thing, relics can be farmed in game, so there is little or no pressure to actually buy them in the first place. Its simply part of the game's pay to progress system.

Second, 50 platinum is peanuts and although you don't know exactly what relics you're going to get, you know you're getting relics of some description...including 1 guaranteed rare one.

Its hardly the same as, say, offering a bundle of 100 loot boxes for €100, for a 1% chance of getting a prime frame or weapon.

16 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Except for those who buy Harrow, Gara, or Octavia before doing their respective quests  they are rewarded with a specific class of Riven instead. 

One time only but.. Yeah. 

And you can completely unknowingly miss this opportunity. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

I don't know why still existing. I mean, if you want relics, you simply buy them in Warframe Market (for 3-9 pl). In addition, that same package could be obtained by anyone with the rewards of syndicates. If the package includes vaulted relics ... Well *maybe*

Edited by (PS4)Zeglius