Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A suggestion: Mag's Crush

(PSN)LoisGordils

Mag's Crush ability has always been controversial. It's good as CC and support, but not the best when it comes to damage. A year ago, Crush got a nice buff that granted Mag and allies in range shields based on the amount of enemies affected. While nice, Crush still falls short on the damage aspect. I propose that, similar to how shields are gained by each enemy affected, Crush also gains a damage increase per foe. It could be based on enemy health, be a percentual boost or a flat damage increase per enemy.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

there are the polarize shards that add damage to magnetize, why don't they just add damage to crush as well......?

It would be nice if there was more ability interactions.

Cast Polarize, generate the shards, cast Magnetize and any mobs who pass through the bubble are not magnetized and attract the shards, cast Crush and you get bonus damage from the shars. 

More power to MAG is always nice and welcome (we can build a mag master race then, and @MagPrime will lead us. 😉 ). the idea that polarization shard todo extra damage is very good addition, as I normally strip armor with it first, and then use Crush. Although I would like to mention this as well, I dont think, MAG's present kit in underwhelming at all, and I think a slight damage increase will make her god tier frame.

Along with the Crush Idea, I am actually interested in a slight change in MAG's Pull. I previously commented on it as well; I would like to see more controlled/directional pull. As per the game mechanics right now, you can only pull enemies towards you right now. In this new idea, it will grant you the power to 'Pull aside enemies'. In tile sets like gas city, if you can pull enemies towards left or right, you can take a number of tough enemies off the map, completely.

Edited by SamMitter

10 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Thoughts?

I would argue against damage buff on Crush because:

• Crush already does respectable damage and even moderate PS builds murder Corpus on Star Chart with ease. With a dedicated Crush build Mag can P42W on maps like Hydron just by standing on cryopod. With recent cast while airborne buff, Mag also joined AoE rush Frame club with Ember, Equinox or Saryn. As such, she could suffer the same fate later, should she become more mainstream.
  • Mag already has 2 great offensive abilities with Magnetize and Polorize
  • Crush has great utility in form of CC, quick Overshields boost as well as armor strip

Conclusion: Mag's kit in general is not lacking offensive power, thus more damage on Crush is quenstionable. Furthermore, Crush shines more with its utility options.

Edited by ShortCat

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Crush already does respectable damage and even moderate PS builds murder Corpus on Star Chart with ease. With a dedicated Crush build Mag can P42W on maps like Hydron just by standing on cryopod. With recent cast while airborne buff, Mag also joined AoE rush Frame club with Ember, Equinox or Saryn. As such, she could suffer the same fate later, should she become more mainstream.

Some of us like to play beyond the Star Chart

Mag already has 2 great offensive abilities with Magnetize and Polorize

Why can't she have three? Her Crush is SUPPOSED to be a damage skill.

Crush has great utility in form of CC, quick Overshields boost as well as armor strip

The armor strip is due to a bandaid mod and not the skill itself. Again, Crush is supposed to be mainly used for damage

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

So based on an accurate assessment of her damage capabilities, you came to the conclusion that I only do star chart with Mag.  Ok.  

You must be new here....

I've been here longer than you, kid lol

Say what you may, Mag's Crush is an underwhelming damage ultimate. Especially considering it does Magnetic damage.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I've been here longer than you, kid lol

Say what you may, Mag's Crush is an underwhelming damage ultimate. Especially considering it does Magnetic damage.

Calling someone a kid does not net you forum e-peen points.

Crush does have underwhelming damage, and it's not a big issue because Magnetize exists.  You know, the ability that has ridiculous amounts of damage and decent CC?  Especially against high level enemies? 

More damage on Mag would be redundant at this point.  If anything, Crush would be better served having more utility, such as DR or even an armor increase, since shields are almost laughable unless your name is Hildryn. 

Making Mag more well rounded sounds a lot better than "but muh damage!".  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Some of us like to play beyond the Star Chart

Mag deals good damage way beyond Star Chart lvls, just not with Crush. Any more buffs to Crush and it goes into P42W territory.

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Why can't she have three? Her Crush is SUPPOSED to be a damage skill.

Why does she need 3 damage abilities in the first place? Does Mag deal not enough damage? Where is it stated that Crush is SUPPOSED to be a damage skill?

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

The armor strip is due to a bandaid mod and not the skill itself. Again, Crush is supposed to be mainly used for damage

Fracturing Crush is a clunky augment, but it is not a band-aid. It opens entirely new options and provides a decent enough buff to the basic skill, that is already loaded with utility.

You discuss Crush in isolation and disregard Mag's kit as a whole. Agenda behind this thread seems more driven by personal preference than general wish of improvement. I cannot support those cahnges in any way.

There could certainly be a damage buff to Crush, but as far as improving the ability I think "just more damage" would be the laziest thing that could be done. Right now it's a dead-simple ability: press button, thing happens, go about your day. I think it'd make more sense (and make things more satisfying) if Crush were buffed via synergy.

Examples:

• Crush makes enemies drop more shards when hit with Polarize
  • Enemies damaged by shards recently take extra damage from Crush
  • Crush briefly condenses Magnetize bubbles, reducing their range but multiplying their damage
  • Enemies affected by Crush take multiplied damage from Pull for a brief duration

Any one of these would either make a Crush a setup move for aggressive combos, or act as a rewarding room-wipe for firing her other abilities well.

• Like 1

Mag is one the best DPS frames in the game with magnetize. She doesn't need more damage at all, and crush is more of a "oh crap better cc everything" button than anything else. Seriously, go magnetize khela and see how quickly you can can melt her (without using peacemaker). As far as I'm concerned, nothing ever survives her magnetize, granted you shoot into it a few times with your own weapon. She can down any boss that can be targeted by the ability with a single cast. Sortie Tyl Regor, Raptor, Animas, Vor, etc... On top of that, teammates can load their damage into magnetize as well, and after its duration ends (or if you have the augment) it will explode dealing tons of damage in a medium-sized aoe that will kill anything in range. And the icing on the cake, is her magnetize doesn't scale off power strength, so you can forgo the stat altogether and still enjoy all of its benefits.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree I love mag to death, but the one thing that disturbs me about mag is her lack of interaction with her own skills. 

Her passives moves junk I don't need to me, but doesn't move her shards? It would be nice if it moved them.

Pull flings way to hard often times not even in the direction of the magnetize bubble... In fact pull has  no meaningful interaction with her other skills really.

It would be nice if I could cast it on magnetize and it pulled enemies towards the magnetic bubble. Also there could be some cool interaction with polarize... So that when I cast polarize the wave goes out, then when I cast pull... It brings the wave back in applying the effects a second time?

As for crush I like the way that it is, I like that it fills a supportive niche both shielding allies and weakening enemies (with the augment). It again just has no further interaction with anything other than with magnetize and the intraction is poor. Doing only extra damage to only the main target. Honestly what I think would be nice they get rid of the triggered detonation augment for magnetize, and cause crush to explode magnetize bubbles after casting it. I mean it would fit with the name and indirectly make the skill stronger, make me have to think about actively wanting to use it~

My only gripe with mag as a whole, is as a starter frame... She relies alot on her abilities but in turn has no way of getting energy back at all. Sure u can kill stuff with pull, but that 25% chance to get some energy is way too low with no kids, no knowledge of the game, and u rarely see many enemies together at any point until much later; when pull can't kill anything, and you no longer need it cause operator/auras.

I love her alot, I completed almost all my junctions with her by simply casting magnetize and watching the specter kill itself. Despite seeing people constantly complain about how her skills don't do enough or that they don't scale and you have to recast them to get the most out of them... I honestly feel mag is perfect the way she number wise, with her only downside being her kit doesn't really interact with itself meaningfully. Compared to something like Gaara and Khora.

• Like 1

Crush feels strong against infested with the Fracturing Crush mod. I wish it felt this good against other factions. It needs a little more something. However, like someone else stated above, Mag doesn't need more damage. Crush should give her some additional utility, maybe survivability through shield gating mechanic. Problem with Mag is she must use Counterpulse to survive high level content.

I also never use her Pull. As far as I'm concerned, it serves no purpose and is entirely redundant. She doesn't need additional CC, and pulling enemies toward her is super counterintuitive.

Edited by Ikyr0

Am 29.6.2019 um 04:21 schrieb Ikyr0:

Crush feels strong against infested with the Fracturing Crush mod. I wish it felt this good against other factions. It needs a little more something. However, like someone else stated above, Mag doesn't need more damage. Crush should give her some additional utility, maybe survivability through shield gating mechanic. Problem with Mag is she must use Counterpulse to survive high level content.

I also never use her Pull. As far as I'm concerned, it serves no purpose and is entirely redundant. She doesn't need additional CC, and pulling enemies toward her is super counterintuitive.

Hi buddy.

Pull:

1 of the stronges if not THE stronges DEBUFF InGame.

Pull, is in it's core a AoE (cone) STUN. 

+ Able to DECIDE on top WHERE the stuned/disarmed/isolated units have to move at (direction of casting Mag). Unlimited increaeable stun duration as long energy is there/ collected.

Arcane Energize + Aug [Greedy Pull] best to secure it. The only Aug i use if so.

This results in BULKING units.

Used in all 4 wind directions (NESW), Mag can fast pull, stun/disarm/isolate a hole map/room. With now a BULK of units standing close by each other.

Polorize:

Not only has it (sadly) a fix number of Armor/Shield ressistance reduction...

BUT it also adds smt like NO ONE KNOWS about it...

It does AoE dmg, by every single unit, which got it's ressistances reduced, will by multiplier max ×10.3 & max outburst AoE 22.4m dmg all other units in range.

Read:

All enemies with shields or armor within the initial radius, or that come in contact with the expanding pulse, will produce a violent outburst of magnetic energy inflicting 100% / 150% / 200% / 250%of the drained shields or armor as Magnetic b.pngMagnetic damage to all other enemies within a 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 meter radius of each drained target.

Lets say you bulk up with Pull a room with 20-30 enemies. Lets say 20.

Then you hit [3] to reduce armor & bc all are close together *thanks to pull* each units AoE outburst, can reach any other unit in range. Weaker but similar mechanic as Saryn !!!

If 400 armor taken, 20x400 = 8.000 dmg

But

This is dmg outburst by ONE done !! Minus 400dmg bc outburst does not dmg the outbursting unit it selfe.

So 7.600 dmg total dealed by ONE enemy to every other 19 from 20 units.

Now 7.600 x 20 = 152.000 dmg dealed is the TOTAL DAMAGE done,

by outburst to every single target if all 20 enemies outburst are within a X meter radius standing closeby.

Now comes in:

will produce a violent outburst of magnetic energy inflicting 100% / 150% / 200% / 250%of the drained shields or armor as Magnetic b.pngMagnetic damage to all other enemies...

So

152.000 x 250% (2.5) = 380.000 dmg

Normal, at max x 10.4:

152.000 x 10.4 = 1.580.800 dmg

BECAUSE we have PULL as bulking tool, we r able to stack up with EACH pull more enemies BEFORE we use our Puls !!

As soon we COLLECTED enough in a certain radius, we release the puls for max effective energy to dmg ratio dealt useage.

Pull is the best 1 Mag could have get.

//////////////

What does Mag's Pull need for changes?

• Pulls energy drop chance should be changed from "killing" into "effected/touched/damaged by pull has a % chance of droping it".

Mags 2 is her top tier DD tool. 

But also top tier ARMOR STRIPER.

Use POX , GAS cloud, corrosive on it. GG all enemies get zero armor in 1-2sec.

The fastes Armor stripping tool InGame combined with the right weapon(s).

Pox + Torid as excample.

///////////

Now comes our 4...well

1 is our bread & butter tool.

2 is our Damage tool (Ulti), main Armor Stripping tool, Isolate/ Secure Area to move in save but not against melee and projectils + poisen !! Which is WHY the Aug disarming is in several points KILLING her 2 in effectivity + increasing danger to get hit in our only Deff ability. Most useless Aug by faaar.

Honestly i never die by a shot. Never. Only if so by poisen.

3 is a tool like 1 but with way more damage potential IF RIGHT USED and supportive team content.

4 is as a sort of finisher if you DONT want to use 2 but combo 1+3 then 4 in the end. For small DEFF maps mid lvl range till 60-80 effective after this 2 is your tool to use most over with combo 1. 2+1.

Crush helps a lot to add time for your team to get a job done. Aug is OK but not worth in the end bc you losing a lot of stats adding to other abilities.

///////

Changes Mag needs:

• 0) Passive: Each Energy Orb collected adds 1x Shield gating until max 6.

• 1) X % (25) chance droping energy orbs if effected by mags 1.

• 3) changes its armor strip to a 25% ratio + Outburst is ALWAYS done, even IF NOT fully drained.

• 4) Adds immunity to damaging procs for X duration of time.

//////

Additional changes needed:

Aug mods are placed ON or besides the Ability icon, to decrease over the top TradeOffs.

//////

Cheers

Edited by P0Pz

5 hours ago, P0Pz said:

Hi buddy.

Pull:

1 of the stronges if not THE stronges DEBUFF InGame.

Pull, is in it's core a AoE (cone) STUN. 

+ Able to DECIDE on top WHERE the stuned/disarmed/isolated units have to move at (direction of casting Mag). Unlimited increaeable stun duration as long energy is there/ collected.

Arcane Energize + Aug [Greedy Pull] best to secure it. The only Aug i use if so.

This results in BULKING units.

Used in all 4 wind directions (NESW), Mag can fast pull, stun/disarm/isolate a hole map/room. With now a BULK of units standing close by each other.

Polorize:

Not only has it (sadly) a fix number of Armor/Shield ressistance reduction...

BUT it also adds smt like NO ONE KNOWS about it...

It does AoE dmg, by every single unit, which got it's ressistances reduced, will by multiplier max ×10.3 & max outburst AoE 22.4m dmg all other units in range.

Read:

All enemies with shields or armor within the initial radius, or that come in contact with the expanding pulse, will produce a violent outburst of magnetic energy inflicting 100% / 150% / 200% / 250%of the drained shields or armor as Magnetic b.pngMagnetic damage to all other enemies within a 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 meter radius of each drained target.

Lets say you bulk up with Pull a room with 20-30 enemies. Lets say 20.

Then you hit [3] to reduce armor & bc all are close together *thanks to pull* each units AoE outburst, can reach any other unit in range. Weaker but similar mechanic as Saryn !!!

If 400 armor taken, 20x400 = 8.000 dmg

But

This is dmg outburst by ONE done !! Minus 400dmg bc outburst does not dmg the outbursting unit it selfe.

So 7.600 dmg total dealed by ONE enemy to every other 19 from 20 units.

Now 7.600 x 20 = 152.000 dmg dealed is the TOTAL DAMAGE done,

by outburst to every single target if all 20 enemies outburst are within a X meter radius standing closeby.

Now comes in:

will produce a violent outburst of magnetic energy inflicting 100% / 150% / 200% / 250%of the drained shields or armor as Magnetic b.pngMagnetic damage to all other enemies...

So

152.000 x 250% (2.5) = 380.000 dmg

Normal, at max x 10.4:

152.000 x 10.4 = 1.580.800 dmg

BECAUSE we have PULL as bulking tool, we r able to stack up with EACH pull more enemies BEFORE we use our Puls !!

As soon we COLLECTED enough in a certain radius, we release the puls for max effective energy to dmg ratio dealt useage.

Pull is the best 1 Mag could have get.

//////////////

What does Mag's Pull need for changes?

• Pulls energy drop chance should be changed from "killing" into "effected/touched/damaged by pull has a % chance of droping it".

Mags 2 is her top tier DD tool. 

But also top tier ARMOR STRIPER.

Use POX , GAS cloud, corrosive on it. GG all enemies get zero armor in 1-2sec.

The fastes Armor stripping tool InGame combined with the right weapon(s).

Pox + Torid as excample.

///////////

Now comes our 4...well

1 is our bread & butter tool.

2 is our Damage tool (Ulti), main Armor Stripping tool, Isolate/ Secure Area to move in save but not against melee and projectils + poisen !! Which is WHY the Aug disarming is in several points KILLING her 2 in effectivity + increasing danger to get hit in our only Deff ability. Most useless Aug by faaar.

Honestly i never die by a shot. Never. Only if so by poisen.

3 is a tool like 1 but with way more damage potential IF RIGHT USED and supportive team content.

4 is as a sort of finisher if you DONT want to use 2 but combo 1+3 then 4 in the end. For small DEFF maps mid lvl range till 60-80 effective after this 2 is your tool to use most over with combo 1. 2+1.

Crush helps a lot to add time for your team to get a job done. Aug is OK but not worth in the end bc you losing a lot of stats adding to other abilities.

///////

Changes Mag needs:

• 0) Passive: Each Energy Orb collected adds 1x Shield gating until max 6.

• 1) X % (25) chance droping energy orbs if effected by mags 1.

• 3) changes its armor strip to a 25% ratio + Outburst is ALWAYS done, even IF NOT fully drained.

• 4) Adds immunity to damaging procs for X duration of time.

//////

Additional changes needed:

Aug mods are placed ON or besides the Ability icon, to decrease over the top TradeOffs.

//////

Cheers

Wow, this comment is so wrong and cringy it hurts, I threw up a bit.

Well, for starters, pull could instead generate a singularity where the crosshair is, which forcefully converges enemies onto that point. Bam, good CC, natural synergy with polarize and magnetize. Pulling to Mag is pretty counter intuitive, as mentioned, and doesn't do much unless you are already standing inside Magnetize.

Crush is actually still usable. Any Mag going beyond Starchart doesn't use it for damage anyway. She works fine even in Sortie 3 so I don't know why such threads are made.

Edited by Guest