Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it a good idea to solo farm primes?

5 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

The best option and the most fun one is playing with friends / clan mates doing whatever in Warframe .

If you can you should .

Unless you'd rather not.  Then you shouldn't.  Playing with friends and clan is fun for you.  Good for you.  I don't know anyone who plays games (at all, really.  Not just Warframe)  And playing with random people on the Internet is annoying, irritating, and generally "Not at all worth it" for me.  For most things in Warframe, if I can't do it solo, then I just don't attempt to do it.  There are a few exceptions, where teaming is easier or the goal I want to reach is short enough that I'll put up with it.  I teamed for the Disruption event, got both of the event weapons unlocked in a single mission, and then didn't have to play Disruption again.  Ever, probably  I also teamed for the Ropalolyst because all I really wanted was to clear the node so that I'm back to 100% cleared on the Starchart.  Now that I've done that, I expect that I will never fight the Birbylon again.

Just now, EmberStar said:

Unless you'd rather not.  Then you shouldn't.  Playing with friends and clan is fun for you.  Good for you.  I don't know anyone who plays games (at all, really.  Not just Warframe)  And playing with random people on the Internet is annoying, irritating, and generally "Not at all worth it" for me.  For most things in Warframe, if I can't do it solo, then I just don't attempt to do it.  There are a few exceptions, where teaming is easier or the goal I want to reach is short enough that I'll put up with it.  I teamed for the Disruption event, got both of the event weapons unlocked in a single mission, and then didn't have to play Disruption again.  Ever, probably  I also teamed for the Ropalolyst because all I really wanted was to clear the node so that I'm back to 100% cleared on the Starchart.  Now that I've done that, I expect that I will never fight the Birbylon again.

You see you're giving an example with exception , I'm speaking in general since the OP was asking in general  .

5 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

You see you're giving an example with exception , I'm speaking in general since the OP was asking in general  .

Then I'll give you one without an exception.  I myself have played this game very happily for over two years (almost 3) completely solo.  

I didn't bother playing in groups until I joined a streaming community that I really like.  Even now my preferred method is still solo.  Only grouping to help a very small group of real friends which has only been within the last 3 months of my almost 4 years of playing.  

To this very day, I still have more fun and enjoyment playing solo.  It's peaceful in a delightful way.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Then I'll give you one without an exception.  I myself have played this game very happily for over two years completely solo.  

I didn't bother playing in groups until I joined a streaming community that I really like.  Even now my preferred method is still solo.  Only grouping to help a very small group of real friends which has only been within the last 3 months of my almost 4 years of playing.  

Either way in a group you get x 4 radiant relics , better drop % .

It's just better .

Just now, Spectre-8 said:

It's just better .

That is only the case in a premade group with everyone having the same rad relics.  

I can actually open more relics by myself in one solo survival than in any group.  Reasons being the the group will usually disband after about 20 minutes where I can keep going for way longer as my Ivara.  

So in all its really just a matter or preference and playstyle.  Or if you just want to leech off others or have them cover your shortcomings in either limited relics, etc.

Most people are playing the game as if they are solo anyway while they are in a group.  Not really coordinating with the others.

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

That is only the case in a premade group with everyone having the same rad relics.  

Yes if you're going for a specific item drop , you'll be in a group with 3 other people that have the same relic .

The drop % is higher than solo and will always be the best option .

It's just better .

Only if all you care about is "get Prime parts" and "get them as fast as possible."  I don't really care about either - I buy Prime Access.  Usually for a combination of the discounted platinum and for whatever exclusive cosmetic item is in it.  I don't like dealing with the Trade Chat, so I never try to sell Prime components.  I could probably get a couple thousand platinum if I wanted to take the time, I literally dozens of copies of some Prime pieces.

Again, for me opening a Relic is like the Dragon Key vaults in the derelict ships.  It's something that might happen as a *side effect* of what I'm doing anyway.  I'm not exploring the derelict to find the vault.  I'm doing it because I just want to spend half an hour punching Infested (and sometimes Grineer.)  Maybe I'll trip over an Ayatan to save so I can socket it during the next Nightwave season.  Maybe I'll spot some wild Kavats and scan them.  Maybe I'll find a vault and it will actually open with the one kind of key I normally carry as Inaros or Nidus.  If not... oh well.

Again, teaming to open Relics is fine, if you enjoy doing it.  There are a couple of advantages for doing it that way.  (More bites at the apple if everyone has the same relic, more items to pick from if they don't.)  There's also disadvantages (such as people using annoying builds like SpeedNova at all, but especially in an Excavation.)  For me, the advantages often don't outweigh the drawbacks.  I have no real need to get any specific Prime part, so I'm fine with just getting whatever happens to fall when I break one open doing a solo Fissure Exterminate.

• Like 1

Yes if you're going for a specific item drop , you'll be in a group with 3 other people that have the same relic .

The drop % is higher than solo and will always be the best option .

So basically just as I said earlier,

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Or if you just want to leech off others or have them cover your shortcomings in either limited relics, etc.

6 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Again, for me opening a Relic is like the Dragon Key vaults in the derelict ships.  It's something that might happen as a *side effect* of what I'm doing anyway.  I'm not exploring the derelict to find the vault.  I'm doing it because I just want to spend half an hour punching Infested (and sometimes Grineer.)  Maybe I'll trip over an Ayatan to save so I can socket it during the next Nightwave season.  Maybe I'll spot some wild Kavats and scan them.  Maybe I'll find a vault and it will actually open with the one kind of key I normally carry as Inaros or Nidus.  If not... oh well.

So true.  Most are so busy trying to farm a specific thing that they don't realize they are also putting blinders on themselves to everything else they can be doing in that same mission.  

I found it quite funny how some didn't even realize that we could do multiple NightWave challenges at the same time in just one mission.  😁 

Edited by DatDarkOne

15 hours ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

Ive been playing this game for almost a year and ive learned how to do solo everything in the game, missions, void fissures, farming a frame, ect but ive mostly farmed prime weapons and prime warframes alone and it is possible but people always tell me that farming primes with a squad is much better but i dont know if i should keep farming primed solo or should i farm with my friends?

Simple; Farming solo you only have your Relics to open, so only your RNG is in effect.

Farming with up to 3 others gives you access to their Relics and their RNG, so you have a good chance of finding the part you want faster.

Just now, MagPrime said:

Farming with up to 3 others gives you access to their Relics and their RNG, so you have a good chance of finding the part you want faster. 

You also have RNG on whether someone decides to be demeaning to others, so you know, balances and all that.

1 hour ago, Spectre-8 said:

Playing with friends is the best and the most fun option yes , it always was and  will be .

That's painfully subjective.  Your brand of fun isn't the same as Darks, which isn't the same as mine.  

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

You also have RNG on whether someone decides to be demeaning to others, so you know, balances and all that.

I mean, self deprecation is a thing as well, so...

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

That's painfully subjective.  Your brand of fun isn't the same as Darks, which isn't the same as mine.  

Even if you get rid of the subjective part , you're still left with the fact that you'll have better chances of getting the part that you're after in a group of four .

And yes i'm aware you didn't comment on the drop % at all lol 😄

Edited by Spectre-8

Even if you get rid of the subjective part , you're still left with the fact that you'll have better chances of getting the part that you're after in a group of four .

Yep.

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

But hey, you don't get genuinely hurt from all of it.

At least, I hope so.

:^)

1 hour ago, Spectre-8 said:

It's just better .

Yep! You're 3.4x more likely to get it in radiant shares. Or you could just play 4 relic missions/rounds for the same chance. It's less relic/trace-efficient though (you need 4x more relics and traces than with radiant share).

10 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Your brand of fun isn't the same as Darks, which isn't the same as mine.  

Hehe but we do tend to think along the same lines.  

6 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

And yes i'm aware you didn't comment on the drop % at all lol 

This is true until you count something like a spy mission where the whole mission can be failed because of some others failing the vaults.  Then all the % go to shyte.  😁 

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hehe but we do tend to think along the same lines.   

Including stuff like thinking about things that straddle the line between acceptable and unacceptable in the forums. You know, those things.

Right, MagPrime?

3 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Including stuff like thinking about things that straddle the line between acceptable and unacceptable in the forums. You know, those things.

Right, MagPrime?

We don't think about those things, we just do them.

31 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Unfortunately, I'm not completely sure what I'm looking at here, except that the second picture is probably a Mag with Venka (Prime?) doing a Garuda impersonation?

Nah, it's Mag Prime doing stuff that MagPrime (also DatDarkOne) would do.

• Like 1