Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it a good idea to solo farm primes?

Not going to read everything in the thread, but yes short answer; if you're not looking for anything in particular it's just as good, if you want to increase your chances at finding something valuable, pug or team up, some game modes aren't well designed for solo play either, like Survivals with their LS drain, reactants might also not spawn solo in some game modes or maps.

16 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Wow... so many Sullen Loners in this thread.... who hurt you so badly that it destroyed all faith in your fellow human beans ? 

I have absolute faith in anonymous people on the Internet - to act completely randomly.  Most are just average enough to be completely forgettable.  The ones who manage to be annoying though usually seem to make a *special* effort.  I've gotten rude tells from someone so outraged that I brought a "bad" frame (IE, any frame that they personally dislike for any reason) that they'd actually DIE while typing an explanation of how badly I suck and that I should go kill myself.  But the handful of "bad apples" are so irritating that I'd rather not deal with the silent majority that are just there and just competent enough not to stand out.

• Like 2

Might have been pointed out but if you’re farming for ducats, it’s probably better to use a pub group because then you have a better chance of avoiding Forma blueprints, which have no ducat value. 

But if getting the random Forma bp don’t befront you none, solo is fine. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-06-11 at 12:00 AM, EmberStar said:

But the handful of "bad apples" are so irritating that I'd rather not deal with the silent majority that are just there and just competent enough not to stand out.

Describes my view on social interactions in general perfectly since forever.

And you're always made out to be the bad guy/antisocial/whatever narcissistic projecting of their own issues when you point out the obvious; people just aren't worth the drama.

I usually solo them, unless I really want some new primes fast. Partly because I don´t like to run in and annialte entire mission in 10 seconds and run out. I like to walk around and look at stuff and take my time.

Edited by Horaciozhao

farming in a squad is obviously better. 

also random pubs are underrated. got most my vaulted parts in pub missions. 

only a few pieces i had to actually buy the relic/parts.

highly suggested 😉

also those spare parts u get is great for making ducats.

you are essentially gimping yourself of more prime part options.

On 2019-06-09 at 2:14 AM, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

...people always tell me that farming primes with a squad is much better but i dont know if i should keep farming primed solo or should i farm with my friends?

In this case, people are right. 

You can certainly do it solo. It just takes longer. You won't have others' resources to help out if your unlocks...return less than desirable results. 

If you've actually got friends in this game who play regularly, have at it. The game is best this way. If you're on your own for some reason, then farming up PA can certainly be done, but it is a slower route, since you'll be solely responsible for all the relics and traces in addition to the unlocks. 

On 2019-06-09 at 2:14 AM, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

i dont know if i should keep farming primed solo or should i farm with my friends?

Farming with radshares will shorten the time it takes. But even farming with random groups is better than solo because if your relic dosnt drop the item you want, someone else's might.

My solution... warframe.market

• Like 1