Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a way to skip mastery rank tests

CreepoBeepo

Recently I have had my gameplay ruined by the mastery rank 9 test. I have had my gameplay for days on end blocked by a wall that i just cant pass due to my extreme lack of experience with stealth killing because i never found a situation(up until this test) for its use. Its infuriating to have a game stop you from having fun in this way. It has tortured me for nearly a week and I really wish i could have a way to skip past it and get to the gameplay I like and also be able to see the future of this game and how it progresses. Be it by plat or by other means(like maybe a system that registers how much trys you took and offers you a way to grind a sorta pass to the next mastery rank). I have seen other forum posts about this problem and I wish to address this with a proposed solution.
I can not stress enough how much I and others would appreciate this if anyone from DE sees this and decides to so something.

Edit: Thanks for the tips i must have been over stressed the first few times but i have succeded with the test.

Edited by CreepoBeepo

2 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

The practice options exist so you can Master the test. People sit around camping MR as it is, skipping it would make it even worse. Go practice like everyone else has.

I have been practicing over and over for hours to no avail. The test stresses me out and every time i try i feel worse. Unlike the usual grind ingame for resoruces standing xp ect. this isnt fun. It has gotten to the point where I feel like its pointless to play the game anymore because its just making me feel bad the only issue being I like to play the game and i want to play more.

Edited by CreepoBeepo

Just now, CreepoBeepo said:

I have been practicing over and over for hours to no avail. The test stresses me out and every time i try i feel worse.

So give it a break and come back to it when you aren't stressed. I have trouble seeing some of the tests since they've been changed (the environments used to be diff) so I struggle with edges and whatnot. You'll get it, but you wont while stressing out about it. Go farm something, or take a break and practice when you hate it less.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

So give it a break and come back to it when you aren't stressed. I have trouble seeing some of the tests since they've been changed (the environments used to be diff) so I struggle with edges and whatnot. You'll get it, but you wont while stressing out about it. Go farm something, or take a break and practice when you hate it less.

Im starting to concider that now this game is a bit to much trouble for me currently I will take a break from it for a while

8 minutes ago, CreepoBeepo said:

I have been practicing over and over for hours to no avail. The test stresses me out and every time i try i feel worse. Unlike the usual grind ingame for resoruces standing xp ect. this isnt fun. It has gotten to the point where I feel like its pointless to play the game anymore because its just making me feel bad the only issue being I like to play the game and i want to play more.

You might be better served asking for advice and assistance from other players over here: https://forums.warframe.com/forum/38-players-helping-players/

There's also many player groups and discords you can join.

• Like 1

Stealth requires patience and paying attention to enemies' patrol patterns and sight lines, so just take your time as you pick them off one by one. Keep in mind that you aren't timed with this specific test, so don't stress about not doing it fast enough.

If you're still struggling, then don't feel bad about looking up video tutorials (such as the one below from the wiki). You'll probably learn a thing or two by watching someone else.

• Like 2

If it's the one I'm thinking of (you have to assassinate targets without being detected) a friend of mine had issues with that one too. 

I'd suggest going to the relay and practising a bit before you go for it. Go slow and watch for patterns in the enemy's movements then formulate a plan on which targets to kill first then execute.

In my case it didn't take long and there were times where enemies should've seen me but didn't. I'd also suggest a weapon that executes quickly (I used Broken War).

• Like 1

(What everyone else said) I would advise maybe a long range polearm as well, slide attacks all day. Other than that, daggers are always great. Avoid weapons with long finishers. Be patient, remember that walls are your friend. Don't overextend, every time you kill one enemy retreat and get your bearings again.

There's a situation you use stealth, gaining more exp from stealth kill exp bonus up to 5x per kill and if you have problem with this test, here's some small tips

1. Take your time, you're not pressed to do it quickly so no need to bullet jump

2. Observe the patrol pattern, they have a pattern on movement that you can take note

3. Approach from behind, they have quite small field of vision so you only need to walk behind them

Slap on enemy radar mods so you can know where the enemies are and which direction they are facing.  Then use channeled melee when killing them to destroy the bodies.  This prevents other enemies from seeing the dead body and becoming alert.  

Most important, don't rush, and be patient. 

28 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

How, exactly?  His abilities don't work in the tests. 

OP, get a Banshee and a redeemer.  Her passive automatically silences weapons. 

oh so its that one... i just used glaive prime 😛

All these MR tests are meant for players to actually “master” the game. It’s necessary to practice and pass them. If it’s too hard, try to watch some youtube videos. It will make it easier. 

After passing all tests myself, I tried some of them few weeks ago. I found them to be much easier than I first time tried these tests, even the hardest ones. 

Another important thing is that each test may require certain builds even though the abilities are usually blocked in these tests. Just be patient, do practices and you will pass all of them eventually. 

11 hours ago, CreepoBeepo said:

Recently I have had my gameplay ruined by the mastery rank 9 test. I have had my gameplay for days on end blocked by a wall that i just cant pass due to my extreme lack of experience with stealth killing because i never found a situation(up until this test) for its use. Its infuriating to have a game stop you from having fun in this way. It has tortured me for nearly a week and I really wish i could have a way to skip past it and get to the gameplay I like and also be able to see the future of this game and how it progresses. Be it by plat or by other means(like maybe a system that registers how much trys you took and offers you a way to grind a sorta pass to the next mastery rank). I have seen other forum posts about this problem and I wish to address this with a proposed solution.
I can not stress enough how much I and others would appreciate this if anyone from DE sees this and decides to so something.

Wow, you're really something, ain't ya 🙂

Stuck at MR test for almost a week? So sorry to hear. I was once stopped by a MR test for almost a month, cause I couldn't find a way to pass it (it was around MR 20...)

And besides, MR tests are there for a reason: you won't rank up, until you have a particular skill trained well enough to pass it.

And why is it so important to stop you from ranking up? First, it gives you an incentive to get to know the game better. Second - when you can't have certain rank, you are blocked out from acquiring certain weapons (again -incentive) which are far more usable... but also, would give you too much of a leeway in missions. Imagine, doing a survival with Ignis (WRAITH version especially) is far easier than say... with Boltor / Burston (not prime). So you have to try harder and harder - hence, you're getting better and better.. say, with your survival skill.

And besides, with Ignis given to you at rank 0... what would be the aim of playing / getting to know the game better when you would be able to do just anything from the start?

Sides... this would be bad marketing decision, if you know what i mean.

More on that and my reasoning for it here:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1101736-eidolon-hunt-restricion/

Best regards Tenno,

Galadh

Edited by Galadh

The tests are meant to prepare you for the more difficult content to come and if you cannot pass them you are right where you need you need to be until you overcome the challenge and prove your mastery. So in other words you need to improve and if you are really that unwilling and unskilled you deserve stay at MR 9 and live with it and or just quit the game if you cant accept your weaknesses while asking the game to change for you and not the other way around.

At rank 9 you can build any frame. I think all quests are playable too (depending on star chart). At some point you're just going to overpower it. Loki with the correct mods can go inv for 32 secs, Ash I think is mid 20s, Ivara endless(Maybe?) and now we have wisp that you can just bunny hop everywhere and never be seen. With wisp you can literally follow a guy (by hopping) until they are out of view and kill em. 

Every player has a different play style and no video is going to have the perfect answer for you. Just try them out until something works. Practice before doing the test so you have endless tries.

3 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

At rank 9 you can build any frame. I think all quests are playable too (depending on star chart). At some point you're just going to overpower it. Loki with the correct mods can go inv for 32 secs, Ash I think is mid 20s, Ivara endless(Maybe?) and now we have wisp that you can just bunny hop everywhere and never be seen. With wisp you can literally follow a guy (by hopping) until they are out of view and kill em. 

You can't use skills in the test OP is talking about.
But yeah, there are different strategies.