Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I use for my Loki Prime Stealth Build?

(PSN)BlazeFire1010

Question

So, I’m slowly getting to Mastery Rank 7 (Halfway There) and I always prep for new weapons, so now, I have three decisions. I primarily use Loki Prime for his 90 year invisibility, and because of that, I need to stack that with something else, and I know just the thing: Gas Builds. Goddamn, they’re absolutely disgusting, and yet, they’re so efficient. So, I have three builds in mind for three different weapons, the question I though. Which should I use? And I know you’re waiting, so, here you go. What’s better with a stealth gas build. 

Lesion, Tatsu, or my in the making, Cyath Seekalla Ekwana II Jai. Please, I want good explanations on why they’re good, and no primed or riven mods. The reason why Ni Primed mods is because I don’t have the credit capacity for trade taxes of literally, one million credits, for a single mod. The other reason why no Riven Mods, is because I don’t want to get into Riven Despacitos. Those hurt my head. 

Each weapon will have a Orokin Catalyst installed, will be used for primarily stealth, and will be used with your own and Gas Build in mind.

Now, ready... Begin your comments!

12 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, (PS4)BlazeFire1010 said:

So, I’m slowly getting to Mastery Rank 7 (Halfway There) and I always prep for new weapons, so now, I have three decisions. I primarily use Loki Prime for his 90 year invisibility, and because of that, I need to stack that with something else, and I know just the thing: Gas Builds. Goddamn, they’re absolutely disgusting, and yet, they’re so efficient. So, I have three builds in mind for three different weapons, the question I though. Which should I use? And I know you’re waiting, so, here you go. What’s better with a stealth gas build. 

Lesion, Tatsu, or my in the making, Cyath Seekalla Ekwana II Jai. Please, I want good explanations on why they’re good, and no primed or riven mods. The reason why Ni Primed mods is because I don’t have the credit capacity for trade taxes of literally, one million credits, for a single mod. The other reason why no Riven Mods, is because I don’t want to get into Riven Despacitos. Those hurt my head. 

Each weapon will have a Orokin Catalyst installed, will be used for primarily stealth, and will be used with your own and Gas Build in mind.

Now, ready... Begin your comments!

To maximise any polearm or anything like that, you really need [Primed Reach]. Personally, I'd suggest none of them. Go get Orthos Prime, its dirt cheap (literally less than 10:platinum: https://warframe.market/items/orthos_prime_set) and is a really REALLY good weapon, even later on in your warframe career. I was using it until I built my Zawthos, a zaw to basically be the better version of the Orthos Prime, but it uses Plague Kripath so you cant make it at the moment. Also, I'd suggest going blast + corrosive instead of gas + magnetic. Its generally a better combo. Of course, radiation + viral is also pretty good.

Lesion

Reason? Its a status Stick. meaning the Status chance is so high almost every hit or so your gonna proc something. It has a buff where if you proc a status effect on a enemy, you get faster attack speed and added Toxin damage, which will increase the Gas damage even more, because it mixes with whatever elemental build you have on the Melee. The range of Polearms are fine enough, and it does enough damage and swings fast enough to Proc a lot of Statuses.

Ok... Som right now I’m leaning towards the Lesion, now what if to say, it went up against a 45% status chance blade and whip? I’m talking about the Lacera. So, what’s better, a long reached blade and whip with higher status, or a pole arm with innate toxin and high status but not as high as the lacera? Also, what the use of the Tatsu other than just being a friggin’ ginormous animuz Sword?

From my experience, while not as long reaching, the shaku is silly with how fast it is and how many status procs it can get.

Otherwise, I'd suggest NOTHING WITH INNATE RADIATION so no Tatsu. The Jat Kusar blade and whip is a nice status and crit weapon for further down the line. I am biased towards the Cyath, I like its shape.

2 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

From my experience, while not as long reaching, the shaku is silly with how fast it is and how many status procs it can get.

Otherwise, I'd suggest NOTHING WITH INNATE RADIATION so no Tatsu. The Jat Kusar blade and whip is a nice status and crit weapon for further down the line. I am biased towards the Cyath, I like its shape.

So, are you suggesting the shaku? If so, I’m not so sure. I need something that’s long ranged and will get me some stat procs.

12 hours ago, .Spawn said:

To maximise any polearm or anything like that, you really need [Primed Reach]. Personally, I'd suggest none of them. Go get Orthos Prime, its dirt cheap (literally less than 10:platinum: https://warframe.market/items/orthos_prime_set) and is a really REALLY good weapon, even later on in your warframe career. I was using it until I built my Zawthos, a zaw to basically be the better version of the Orthos Prime, but it uses Plague Kripath so you cant make it at the moment. Also, I'd suggest going blast + corrosive instead of gas + magnetic. Its generally a better combo. Of course, radiation + viral is also pretty good.

I already have Orthos Prime, and it’s a beast, but right now I’m mid game, and I’m still not able to quickly and efficiently get rid of stupid level 35 to 40 enemies and bosses. So, ye. I want a polearm or long reached blade and whip weapon that is able to hit hard and give status procs. 

Edited by (PS4)BlazeFire1010

13 hours ago, (PS4)BlazeFire1010 said:

I already have Orthos Prime, and it’s a beast, but right now I’m mid game, and I’m still not able to quickly and efficiently get rid of stupid level 35 to 40 enemies and bosses. So, ye. I want a polearm or long reached blade and whip weapon that is able to hit hard and give status procs. 

If you get a mod like [Maiming Strike], basically any polearm is good. If want to clear crowds of enemies, you need good mods. Orthos Prime is one of the best melee weapons in the game, and if you can't take out level 35 enemies with it, there's something very wrong with the build. Potentially, you are using gas against enemies with gas resistance, which is why I suggested changing the elements used.

1 hour ago, .Spawn said:

Potentially, you are using gas against enemies with gas resistance, which is why I suggested changing the elements used.

That doesn't really matter as much for stealth frames lime it might for regular frames.  This due to how Gas interacts with both stealth melee multipliers and Condition Overload.  The damage gets ridiculously stupid in just two hits even on enemies that are somewhat resistant to Gas/toxin.  

Between lesion and lacera? 

It's still lesion. 

Lacera is pure electric, so you have more consistent status procs but very few status choices,

so its not as good as you may think.

It is also having very low range except for one specific part of a combo, and Combos are currently a mess.

The galvachord would be a better weapon to pick if you want range.

20 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

That doesn't really matter as much for stealth frames lime it might for regular frames.  This due to how Gas interacts with both stealth melee multipliers and Condition Overload.  The damage gets ridiculously stupid in just two hits even on enemies that are somewhat resistant to Gas/toxin.  

It used to be wayyyy better. Overall though, when you play high level enemies, or aren't using just stealth, it is good to use corrosive and whatnot.