Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival... Doesn't Always Seem To Work Well

GSGregory

So multiple times now I have had a survival end not because I can't kill things fast enough or it is too hard but because there is a giant lack of enemies to actually kill. 

In general survival doesn't seem to live up to the name with such a low number of enemies spawning and honestly its pretty boring to have a survival end because there is simply nothing to do in it.

A bug maybe? No clue but the number of enemies early on in survival needs a bit of a buff.

There is something wrong with the scaling. On a full team there are 20 times as much enemies as with 1/2/3 players.

I posted this because a match on mars(trying to level some low lv weapons atm) with 4 people lasted about ten min because there was  less than 10 enemies on screen at any given time.

I literally had nothing to shoot and we were often running through completely empty rooms trying to find enemies.

Edited by GSGregory

I have had np doing 25+ min solo runs, honestly the only thing stopping me from going further are my current mods.

I think there might be a bug or some odd spawning issues on a few levels where you end up with no enemies.

When you run through 5-10 rooms and see 10 enemies..

I think there might be a bug or some odd spawning issues on a few levels where you end up with no enemies.

When you run through 5-10 rooms and see 10 enemies..

There is something wrong with the scaling. On a full team there are 20 times as much enemies as with 1/2/3 players.

It's possible that a procedurally generated level sometimes doesn't have enough valid spawnpoints close to players. If anyone remembers a specific node or faction and tileset with this problem, we'd like to hear about it.

It's possible that a procedurally generated level sometimes doesn't have enough valid spawnpoints close to players. If anyone remembers a specific node or faction and tileset with this problem, we'd like to hear about it.

Hellas (mobile defense) and Ara(survival) on mars have serious spawn issues. I have put in tickets about both I believe.

Every single survival mission needs more enemies.  A massive swarm of bad guys is what makes it fun.  Running out of oxygen every time you do survival after 15-20 minutes is kind of annoying.

Problem is not spawnpoints but too big map.

Survival map should be more restricted.

I ran survival on Venus today (E Gate) where the map had an elevator.  I went down the elevator early on, but noticed a distinct lack of enemies.  On a whim, I went back up the elevator...yep, there were all the enemies.  Good thing I was on a Volt with enough energy for an Overload....

Could this also potentially be an issue (oversight likely?) of Difficulty 1 missions? Difficulty 1 was fine with raids, as low spawn count didn't adversely effect them, but for Survival they may need to be retuned.

Note this is assuming Difficulty does what I believe it does (mostly anecdotal observations, sorry), and increases spawn count of enemies. I've always noticed more enemies on higher difficulty missions, and just kind of assumed that's what the number represents.

Could this also potentially be an issue (oversight likely?) of Difficulty 1 missions? Difficulty 1 was fine with raids, as low spawn count didn't adversely effect them, but for Survival they may need to be retuned.

Note this is assuming Difficulty does what I believe it does (mostly anecdotal observations, sorry), and increases spawn count of enemies. I've always noticed more enemies on higher difficulty missions, and just kind of assumed that's what the number represents.

Maybe? But low spawns and none are far from each other.