Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny is going Free-to-Play, what does it mean for Warframe?

(PSN)SpicySpaceTurtle

With Destiny 2 soon offering cross-saves from PS4/XB1 to PC, will Warframe step up to the plate?

So, will you? Your prior excuse of Sony being unwilling to work with you on cross-saving doesn't really hold up anymore if they are willing to work with Bungie. I highly doubt they have anything against Digital Extremes in particular.

I, like many, started my Warframe experience on the PS4 because I was uneducated on just how much better the game is on PC. Once I upgraded my graphics card and processor I was eager to play the game the way it is meant to be played. I was severely disappointed to learn that transferring saves between the PS4 and PC was impossible. You blamed Sony but I don't really see that holding up as an excuse now that they are willing to work with Bungie. So, Digital Extremes, will you step up to the plate and push for this much-needed feature or continue being apathetic and ignoring our pleas? I am ONLY trying to be constructive and if I sound negative, it is only because I am pretty frustrated. I spent a substantial amount of time and money obtaining Master Rank and primes but I cannot continue to play your excellent game on such underpowered hardware and I am NOT willing to start all over again. Please hear our cries and consider adding this feature. Thank you.

• Like 5

They've said rather recently that they are thinking about cross-prog. No hard confirmation of yes or no yet.

Keep in mind though that DE isn't as high profile as Bungie so they might not have the resources or clout to do something like cross-prog as easily as Bungie... Yeah DE worked on Unreal Tournament, but pretty much everyone thinks Epic Games when you mention UT so... yeah.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Why would Warframe need to offer anything? The offer is because Destiny 2 is not as popular as projected... Heck, I even got the game for free as a gift from the Blizzard launcher. They are pulling these stunts because they can't compete with DE that pours their heart and soul in this game. And it shows... For Activision/Blizzard, it's just the mechanics, the day-to-day routine. For DE? Warframe is a passion that started in 2000. It's love.

Maybe you can go look at the differences between the two games. How Plat purchases and so on are different between platforms. Sony absolutely could still be an issue. And that's ignoring all the technical hurdles with PC and consoles having different versions.

DE wants it to happen, but that doesn't mean it can happen EASILY.

• Like 15

Just now, nslay said:

Why would Warframe need to offer anything? The offer is because Destiny 2 is not as popular as projected... Heck, I even got the game for free as a gift from the Blizzard launcher. They are pulling these stunts because they can't compete with DE that pours their heart and soul in this game. And it shows... For Activision/Blizzard, it's just the mechanics, the day-to-day routine. For DE? Warframe is a passion that started in 2000. It's love.

Ok, and I agree that Warframe started as a passion project and not to make money like Destiny did but your argument is weak. You think that because the game is great that it can't be better? I don't understand this and disagree entirely. It is good that you think the game is perfect but put yourself in my shoes and try to understand where I am coming from with this. And I'm not the only one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (PS4)SpicySpaceTurtle said:

Ok, and I agree that Warframe started as a passion project and not to make money like Destiny did but your argument is weak. You think that because the game is great that it can't be better? I don't understand this and disagree entirely. It is good that you think the game is perfect but put yourself in my shoes and try to understand where I am coming from with this. And I'm not the only one.

I grew up with Blizzard making my favorite games. Put yourself in my shoes and see the terribly bland stuff they make now. There's no love. It's entirely mechanical and business now. When there's passion, it shows. There's no passion in Activision/Blizzard games.

Just now, nslay said:

I grew up with Blizzard making my favorite games. Put yourself in my shoes and see the terribly bland stuff they make now. There's no love. It's entirely mechanical and business now. When there's passion, it shows. There's no passion in Activision/Blizzard games.

To be fair, Bungie was able to pull away from Activision and take destiny with them, but only time will tell if they make good use of that.

Just now, IspanoLFW said:

To be fair, Bungie was able to pull away from Activision and take destiny with them, but only time will tell if they make good use of that.

I do like Bungie though! Halo was wonderful! It's a shame they ever got involved with that blackhole of a company.

5 minutes ago, IspanoLFW said:

Maybe you can go look at the differences between the two games. How Plat purchases and so on are different between platforms. Sony absolutely could still be an issue. And that's ignoring all the technical hurdles with PC and consoles having different versions.

DE wants it to happen, but that doesn't mean it can happen EASILY.

There should be zero issues with moving from a console version to a PC version of the game, since the PC version is always ahead of console by a few updates. It's not like I would have obtained an item on console that is not on PC yet. And to go from PC to console would make very little sense and is in much lower demand than moving from console to PC. In regards to the plat, I wouldn't care if that didn't transfer. That would be acceptable and understandable. What I can't appreciate is the entire lack of any save transferring in a game that already uses cloud saving entirely. It makes very little sense and stands out as a major oversight to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nslay said:

We're getting off-topic here. Activision has no rights to Destiny anymore and the game is being improved because of it. I would like for Warframe to remain competitive and cross-saving/cross-play is soon to be the norm. I'd hate for this great game to be left behind but many of us will never play it again because we cannot transfer our saves and are unwilling to start over from scratch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Technesiss said:

With how often Warframe is out of sync when it comes to content across platforms I'm not sure this will work. For this to happen, updates would need to launch on all platforms at the same time. 

That's not true when consoles are always behind in updates compared to the PC. That's like if you couldn't continue a current save on console because you skipped an update. It wouldn't make sense. And why anyone would even want to move from a PC to a console is beyond me. I doubt it is even a requested feature.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)SpicySpaceTurtle said:

That's not true when consoles are always behind in updates compared to the PC. That's like if you couldn't continue a current save on console because you skipped an update. It wouldn't make sense. And why anyone would even want to move from a PC to a console is beyond me. I doubt it is even a requested feature.

You're correct. Console > PC works but due to how updates are pushed out PC > Console doesn't. Makes perfect sense so I'm not sure what I said that wasn't true. You wouldn't be able to go from PC to console but you're disregarding it as if people don't have friends on PC and console. What you're suggesting isn't even cross save if you're ignoring the other side of the crossing. What you want is account transfer and not cross save. What use is cross save if I can't cross between platforms ? 

Edited by (PS4)Technesiss
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)SpicySpaceTurtle said:

We're getting off-topic here. Activision has no rights to Destiny anymore and the game is being improved because of it. I would like for Warframe to remain competitive and cross-saving/cross-play is soon to be the norm. I'd hate for this great game to be left behind but many of us will never play it again because we cannot transfer our saves and are unwilling to start over from scratch.

Alright fair enough. I didn't realize Destiny 2 has been released from the chilling grasp of Blizzard. Last time I ran the Blizzard launcher back in November. Destiny 2 was still there.

Just for context... DE seems to have been willing to go through great effort and trouble to even offer some migration of progress between platforms. You will never see that in, for example, Diablo 3. They would never ever do that favor for enthusiastic Diablo 3 players. For all its faults and limitations, DE really pours a lot love into this game and its players. A lot more than Blizzard does in its games anyway! Good that Bungie escaped Activision. What a nasty company.

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

Alright fair enough. I didn't realize Destiny 2 has been released from the chilling grasp of Blizzard. Last time I ran the Blizzard launcher back in November. Destiny 2 was still there.

I have the launcher open right now. It's still there, with the other two Activision games I never plan on buying.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Technesiss said:

You're correct. Console > PC works but due to how updates are pushed out PC > Console doesn't. Makes perfect sense so I'm not sure what I said that wasn't true. You wouldn't be able to go from PC to console but you're disregarding it as if people don't have friends on PC and console. What you're suggesting isn't even cross save if you're ignoring the other side of the crossing. What you want is account transfer and not cross save. What use is cross save if I can't cross between platforms ? 

I suppose you're right. I thought of the two terms as synonymous when you have pointed out that they are not. Thank you.

1 minute ago, AXCrusnik said:

I have the launcher open right now. It's still there, with the other two Activision games I never plan on buying.

You should have gotten it for free. I sure did! I don't know why I got it for free, but I did!

P.S. I never did try it. I spent the time downloading Warframe instead... they're both massive downloads! I had to choose!

Edited by nslay

5 minutes ago, nslay said:

Just for context... DE seems to have been willing to go through great effort and trouble to even offer some migration of progress between platforms. You will never see that in, for example, Diablo 3. They would never ever do that favor for enthusiastic Diablo 3 players. For all its faults and limitations, DE really pours a lot love into this game and its players. A lot more than Blizzard does in its games anyway! Good that Bungie escaped Activision. What a nasty company.

Agreed! Bungie broke off from Activision and they popped champagne and threw an in-office party to celebrate. It's pretty wholesome stuff and good to hear. I was never a big fan of D2 but it's starting to sound like that might change. Activision/Blizzard and EA should be banished to the shadow realm.