Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny is going Free-to-Play, what does it mean for Warframe?

(PSN)SpicySpaceTurtle

It means nothing whatsoever. You still gotta pay for the addons that make Destiny 2 actually good (Forsaken), it's only the base game that will be free. Blizzard gave Destiny 2's base game away once, and it made no dent to Warframe, so the exact same thing will happen this time as well.

• Like 6

But it isnt more free-to-play than it has been for the last year.

People didnt ditch WF when Dest2 went F2P one month after it was released, so why would it change now? You get the basic game just like you did when they handed it out for free right after release, you still need to buy endgame to get anything out of it at all.

What Bungi calls Free-to-play is nothing but a marketing trick. It isnt and will never be a real free-to-play title like WF or Path of Exile. 

It will be free-to-try, nothing more, following the footsteps of WoW, SWToR, GW2 and the like. To actually get anything out of the games you need to pay, either by buying expansions, paying subs or both.

But I see another person fell for the Bungi marketing trick, so it is obviously working for them.

• Like 1

If you take the time to read through Warframe's Region Chat you'll find it's basically a AA Meeting for Destiny's PVE players...There's always this war between Destiny and Warframe in the player's mind..but, in reality both games and their developers benefit from the other when it comes to burnout and downtime between content drops in having somewhere to go for the Sci-Fi shooter/RPG populations when the other is in said moments.....

• Like 1

I would say there will be nothing happen since you only have base game and 2 DLC that are considered as disappointing

Endgame wise, destiny has proven endgame activities because they're guardians that isn't something stronger than their enemies, while we are the tenno that would make even thanos jealous, unless you're okay having your hard worked gear to be nerfed for the sake of endgame activities

• Like 1

It means nothing for Warframe.

Most people that played Destiny left it, because they didn't enjoy the game. The game, even though it goes F2P, is still the same. The reasons why people left it are still there.
Destiny doesn't become a different game because of all that...

May I remind you, that we had this kind of thread before Anthem got release.
May I remind you that people said that Anthem will be great and all, and that EA won't destroy it. Guess what, Anthem didn't work out. And it will be the same with that F2P-Destiny. It won't work out.

• Like 1

the sky is falling homer GIF

From Nov 2 to 18 last year when base version of destiny 2 and first dlcs were free to own forever to hype it up for people to buy its winter dlc.

On steam warframe continued along its normal ebb and flow between patches.

Month Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players

March 2019 62,800.5 +16,576.2 +35.86% 115,102 because of Buried Debts
February 2019 46,224.3 -6,530.3 -12.38% 74,472
January 2019 52,754.5 -973.0 -1.81% 82,266
December 2018 53,727.6 -7,759.0 -12.62% 89,029
November 2018 61,486.6 +11,768.3 +23.67% 131,766 because of Fortuna

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 1

Means absolutely nothing. Seriously, this "Warframe vs X Game" has gone from meme to sad. Both games have their good and bad points, it all comes down preference in the end, and there's nothing that says you have to play one of them exclusively. 

• Like 1

It means warframe will go up against destiny 3 and destiny 4, many comapies are after the 10 year plan, some release a single game they support, other release several games that they stop supporting before releasing the next game.

3 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

It means nothing whatsoever

3 hours ago, Swagernator22663 said:

It means literally nothing.

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

I would say there will be nothing...

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

It means nothing for Warframe.

3 hours ago, Sajochi said:

Means absolutely nothing.

"Nothing" was what Warframe was labelled of being 5 years ago... Ironically, one of those was Destiny's publisher.

I don't think DE should make the same mistake.

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666

1 minute ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

"Nothing" was what Warframe was labelled of being 5 years ago... Ironically, one of those was Destiny's publisher.

Sure thing, but Warframe never failed. Warframe was small 5 years ago and it steadily grew.
Destiny 2 was big when it came out and it lost a rather big chunk of its players. You could say that it kind of failed. (People bought it, and that's the point of a game like Destiny 2, but people didn't stay to play it)
So yeah, we have two completely different situations.

DE should keep doing what they are doing. They shouldn't change their style/plans just because another publisher is doing something.
And as I said, Destiny 2 didn't do so well. Why would it do better now, especially with the main parts of the game still behind a paywall?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

Being labeled as nothing and an event having no effect on a different entity are not the same thing.

• Like 1

It means literally nothing. You can hardly even call it F2P, it's more like a demo version. You still have to pay to get something that could be considered a complete game.

Edited by Guest

Nothing. 

It might mean the third (and further) installments of Destiny might not suck nearly as badly as they have up until now. Good on Bungie.

Changes nothing in regards to WF, though. 

Will I look at Destiny (presumably Destiny 3) again? Probably not, but never say never. The main issue is practically no one I know will give it another chance, so it's a moot point.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

The same stupid doomsday threads for anthem were already ludicrous.

Gonna hoist the "I told you so" flag. I recall those threads quite clearly and look where we are now. 

3 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

Unfortunately I fear it won't mean anything, but it'd be nice if I were wrong and Bungie could finally compete with Warframe so DE doesn't do things half-heartedly.

Yeah some real competition would be great.

Right now it's like a running competition where their main rival stopped halfway to beg money from the audience and the other one is just sitting there on the start line and eating glue.

Edited by Guest

On 2019-06-09 at 2:52 AM, seprent said:

why does it have to be a plate they step up too 

why not a pedestal or a shelf or possibly a hexagon 

why should they approach the plate mayhaps it is cursed with some pharaoh magics 

what if there is a triangle and not a plate 

why am i posting things at close to one in the morning when i should be sleeping 

all of these questions in more that will never be answered because only sheogorath knows those answers and im sure some of them will just make your teeth itch 

Look for the answers in a large wedge of cheese. The more holes, the more places for the answers to hide. Choose your cheese wisely.